Multiple Monitors ?

Hello All,

I have 16 gig ddr3 dual on a water cooled Quad 3.8 Gig I also have 3 monitors does KSP allow additional monitors.

It would be great to have both ships visible while docking one on each screen.

Or fly 2 Mech Jeb ships at the same time in the same universe.

Or Build a ship while you fly the other.

Thanks for all your help.

Merlin

P.S. is it possible to run 2 copies of KSP and not conflict about 5 gigs allowed for each?

KSP is beyond awesome with multiple monitors. It makes for beautiful screenshots, and gives you tons of room to drag all the various info windows. :cool: The only drawback is the constant craning of your neck to the left to look at the part in the VAB or SPH. :sticktongue:

screenshot177.png?psid=1

Well, you could use a multiplayer mod to have two instances of ksp running with the same world instance. That would allow you seeing both ships on different monitors. Only thing that might be a little finicky would be controls and task switching. There was also a mod that could plot vessel data via web server, so you can externalize most of your info windows. But I think development has stalled some time ago.

There is a mod that uses two synchronized instances of KSP to allow map mode and the flight view simultaneously. I'm not sure such functionality could be expanded to allow multiple simultaneous ship control if both are outside the physics bubble. Interestingly, a MechJeb-controlled ship will continue to execute its maneuvers if you switch to another vessel within the physics bubble.

The multiplayer with two local clients approach might work.

...Interestingly, a MechJeb-controlled ship will continue to execute its maneuvers if you switch to another vessel within the physics bubble...

Have to say one of the best things I've watched was MJ docking two landers to one of my stations at the same time I was docking the tractor that had brought them there (MJ used too much monopropellant to let it do that one too).

• 2 weeks later...

"KSP is beyond awesome with multiple monitors.???" I have 4 monitors and want to use them in KSP how can I do that?

"Well, you could use a multiplayer mod to have two instances of ksp running with the same world instance." Do you know the name of the Mod to allow this?

I slapped together a fast 3.8ghz quad with 16gig ddr3 duals and runs both fine never to two shall meet?

Edited by Merlin

I have 4 monitors and want to use them in KSP how can I do that?

I'm not sure about four monitors. For three, however, Youtube is the best place to find the info. Nvidia uses Surround, and Radeon used Eyefinity. You'll need two card running in SLI/Crossfire to output to three monitors.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.