What happened to my planes between .24 and .25?

Been having a lot of problems with some of my best planes since the .25 update. I recreated my favorite plane with the new SP+ parts and besides it looking kind a derpy, now it will not lift off the runway! It flies off the end of the runway like a dork! This is the plane; F1B-Peacock

The pre .25 plane has been featured in several Space Academy videos.

The F1 Peacock is a simple design and KSA’s go-to plane for several up dates. Since .25 I have used the SP+ parts and its flight characteristics have changed. I think I have tried every possible configuration of parts and it won’t lift off. No luck with .90 either. My other designs also proved trickier to get off the runway then the first time.

Anyone else having these issues recreating their designs in .25+? Did I miss something in the update specifications? Should I wait for the next update? Already spent too much time trying to figure this out.

Edited by CommandantAce

Been having a lot of problems with some of my best planes since the .25 update. I recreated my favorite plane with the new SP+ parts and besides it looking kind a derpy, now it will not lift off the runway! It flies off the end of the runway like a dork! This is the plane; F1B-Peacock

The pre .25 plane has been featured in several Space Academy videos.

The F1 Peacock is a simple design and KSA’s go-to plane for several up dates. Since .25 I have used the SP+ parts and its flight characteristics have changed. I think I have tried every possible configuration of parts and it won’t lift off. No luck with .90 either. My other designs also proved trickier to get off the runway then the first time.

Anyone else having these issues recreating their designs in .25+? Did I miss something in the update specifications? Should I wait for the next update? Already spent too much time trying to figure this out.

I have noticed similar problems. All my old planes have to have either a control surface, wing or engine tilted to enable them to take off and also to fly level with SAS on without constant adjustment, and they seem like they don't turn nearly as smoothly.

* Some cockpits no longer provide SAS torque.

* Pilots or probe cores are now required to maintain heading.

* Some parts have been re-weighed, re-sized and some parts now are lifting bodies

That what I can come up with at the top of my head

I've found that the 0.25 control surfaces sometimes deflect in the wrong direction. Including jet gimbals. Sometimes to the point of canceling out, and not allowing you to turn very much. So put the craft on the runway, and play with the controls and make sure they're deflecting in the right direction.

As others have mentioned, there have been plenty of subtle tweaks to parts between versions. If you haven't already, flick on your CoM and CoL markers and check your rear landing gear position with relation to them. Could be that some masses have changed and your gear placement is now hindering, rather than helping your takeoff.

Some control surfaces have lower lift rating now. Be sure to check the numbers of which you use.

I've found that the 0.25 control surfaces sometimes deflect in the wrong direction. Including jet gimbals. Sometimes to the point of canceling out, and not allowing you to turn very much. So put the craft on the runway, and play with the controls and make sure they're deflecting in the right direction.

That's not just in .25, it happens whenever you put a control surface diagonally.

As others have mentioned, there have been plenty of subtle tweaks to parts between versions. If you haven't already, flick on your CoM and CoL markers and check your rear landing gear position with relation to them. Could be that some masses have changed and your gear placement is now hindering, rather than helping your takeoff.

Yep. Gear placement is the most common mistake, many people put gear all the way at the back, when its hould be close under the center of mass.

And just to point out, 0.25 wings are twice as heavy than the old ones.

Edited by Overfloater

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.