Help needed for MKS

Alright, I have this base all tried and true on Kerbin as a test run, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to build a carrier for the thing! Every time I try something, it either falls apart, blows up, or is so monstrously big that I can't even launch it! Any ideas on what I should do?

Edit: I didn't know where to ask this so I made this thread in general discussion.

Edited by Geo793

There are a couple of videos on the MKS thread that show how to launch multiple modules in the same ship, but you'll need to land them one at a time if you're putting them somewhere without atmosphere.

You'll probably want to put a fuel tank and engines on top of each module so that after you land it you can decouple the sky crane section and fly it away.

You should also move each module without any machine parts or whatever they need to run. This will save quite a bit of weight and you can bring it in a later trip.

Another option would be to look at Extraplanetary Launchpads to just mine for the materials and build the modules on site.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.