Future distribution of KSP

With KSP now being in beta and full release starting to poke it's nose out from behind the Mun I was wondering about how the distribution of the game may change.

Currently it's available online through Steam and Squad etc. It then gets saved onto your computer and can easily be copied onto USB drives etc. and pirated. Presumably, and rightly, this will need to change at some point to protect Squads business interests.

One of my fears is that I may be forced to access the game online through Steam (or similar) each time I want to play as I currently do with CoD. This is fine for online multiplayer gaming, but I resent needing Internet access each time I want to play a single player game that I have bought, although I fully understand the need for security and copyright / piracy protection.

I purchased mine through Squad directly and will continue to update that way too for as long as I can. Has there been any thoughts or communications on how Squad will address these issues and handle this aspect of sales and distribution in the future?

this will need to change at some point to protect Squads business interests.

Why? Afaik you can copy minecraft in the same way and it didnt hurt. Copyprotection is unnecessary, who wants to crack a game will crack it, while honest buyers will have to deal with limitations...

Moved to Development Discussion.

I can't speak for Squad, but to my memory whenever asked about this sort of thing in the past, responses from Squad have typically been along the lines of them not wanting to enforce DRM any more than is absolutely necessary; as Elthy said, DRM typically only ever really inhibits users who go through the proper channels -- pirates will tend to get around it or remove it outright one way or another anyway, so it's mostly a wasted effort, really.

Piracy discussion is against the rules guys, sorry but I'm closing this.

Squad have no intention of moving to a DRM'd distribution platform, even the Steam version has no DRM, only the Steam launcher checks to see if a game it started is still running and complains if you try to close the Steam client.