Where will YOUR kerbonauts celebrate New Year's Eve?

viktor19

In limbo.

I have 4 in EAS-1s on a lightweight lander on Minmus waiting to fly home since Xmas eve. Didn't have much time and didn't want to rush the flight and rendezvous with return vessel in case I stuffed it up and killed them so decided to wait til after Xmas.

Returned the day after boxing day to bring them home and my PC refused to boot up :(

Their destiny lies in the hands of the computer repair man.

Well Jeb is in orbit, I am waiting to unlock eva suits to make him go and push.

And I will launch a soyuz on my sandbox save (yes, the one in my sig, just a newer version).

And the launch window to duna is nearing so I may drug a few random kerbals, ducktape their mouths shut, and strap them into a capsule for a duna colony.

We'll I just restarted my career with a load of mods…. so my Kerbals are firmly planted on the ground. They are all test pilots except for one crazy engineer who has no aids when he flies, but maybe by the end of the day someone will be in space. One can only hope.

Got a seven man science and rescue team orbiting Duna (and three survivors on the surface) - it was initially a rescue mission for my first failed manned Duna attempt, but will remain a permanent science station once the rescue is done.

Seven more in a station above Kerbin, and Jeb himself is currently in a new science station orbiting Eve on his own, awaiting company or relief (I may have forgotten to send extra people with him...oops). His relief crew is on its way, unless I can't get on briefly tonight, in which case they're still sat on the pad...

Everything else is robotic at the moment.

Philsey (the command module pilot of Kasholo 1's command module) will be alone in Munar orbit, and Jeb and Bill will be stranded on the surface of the Mun unless I can get a rescue craft ready very soon. Kasholo 1 was intended to be an Apollo-style mission using the ALCOR pod, the SDHI service module system, as well as some other mods. It started to go wrong when I timewarped through the Mun, making a "Kasholo 1 Lander" craft appear. I later terminated it, and was able to use the remaining fuel in the transfer module to get into orbit before escaping from the mun. I ran into issues when i tried to decouple the transfer stage, and it was revealed that the payload fairing had been welded onto the lander's engine. Using the Kaboom! mod, I was able to "remove" the fairing without damaging the crew module and lander. It went smoothly until the braking burn being done by Mechjeb. I checked the DeltaV to see if it met the requirements mechjeb said it needed to land. I was startled to discover the lander did not have the fuel it needed. The 4 RCS blocks were not powerful enough to slow down the lander, and at around 64 m/s the lander impacted the surface. The landing legs absorbed some of the impact, only breaking them to a point where they could be repaired. The LV-909 that powered the lander however, was destroyed, meaning even if I could get some fuel or something down to the lander, the lander could not get back to orbit. This is in sandbox mode, and I do not use a life support mod in the install i am using so Jeb and Bill will be safe, but they may be on the Mun for a while.

Well, unless something changes between now and then, most of my stations are currently unmanned (under probe control, yay for super-light non-torque QUBEs!), with only Duna 1 being manned.

Bill, Jeb, Bob, and Allison are on Duna 1, having completed all-biome landings for both Duna and Ike (moving Duna 1 to Ike temporarily and then back after), and are awaiting the DunaBus for a relief crew in Duna orbit.

DunaBus is in LKO waiting for the transfer window, with replacement/training crew Malfield, Ronzer, Kelfrid, Albrett, Wilory, Camdas and Munney.

Camman is on EveExp, in very high Eve orbit, awaiting a return window.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.