Music to Launch Rockets To - KSP Music Thread

Steambirds

Hands down for me is "Upside Down" by Gungor, especially the swelling instrumental climax starting at the 5:20 mark captures the eurphoria of achieving orbit over the Kerbal "blue marble".

http://youtu.be/FTV_sAbZsYs

Didn't know this band. Thanks, that's a fine track.

Music for munar descents.

This Public Service Broadcasting track is nice too.

When I launch resupply missions, you can say my Kerbals get $erviced. RL Grime - Core ($unday $ervice remix)

Dubstep, then a colder one :

Senking, "Black Ice" from the Tweek 12'' (Raster-Noton records, 2011).

---

A few other electronic ice spikes as bonuses :

1) from Raster-Noton records as well, Carsten Nicolai under his Alva Noto hood, with "uni rec" from the LP univrs (2011).

Sharp as a precise node. No, I don't know actually, I'm playing stock.

2) Still from Raster-Noton, Atomâ„¢, "Strom" from the HD LP (2013).

3) Anthony Rother (again) with "Mathematik", from his 2005 compilation This is Electro (Works 1997-2005).

\/ This is working. Hit play.

4) Arpanet (one of the pseudonyms of Detroit musician Gerald Donald, also member of Drexciya, Underground Resistance and Dopplereffekt), with "Großvater Paradoxon" from the LP Inertial Frame (2005).

Edited by Plume & Akakak

This!
Yes!
1) from Raster-Noton records as well, Carsten Nicolai under his Alva Noto hood, with "uni rec" from the LP univrs (2011).

Sharp as a precise node. No, I don't know actually, I'm playing stock.

2) Still from Raster-Noton, Atomâ„¢, "Strom" from the HD LP (2013).

3) Anthony Rother (again) with "Mathematik", from his 2005 compilation This is Electro (Works 1997-2005)

4) Arpanet (one of the pseudonyms of Detroit musician Gerald Donald, also member of Drexciya, Underground Resistance and Dopplereffekt), with "Großvater Paradoxon" from the LP Inertial Frame (2005).

Oh wow, great stuff, especially the atom track!

I really enjoy Biosphere when my craft is already in space.

Biosphere - Microgravity (the entire album):

Biosphere - Patashnik (title track, but the whole album is great):

Monolake - Null Pointer (from the Silence LP, I highly recommend that one too!):

When I'm actually launching rockets, the Raum Und Zeit album by Neosignal does the trick for me!

Neosignal - Kosmos:

I don't really build rockets, but nothing better than Thee Oh Sees when dogfighting my drones. Psych garage rock. And there is an absolute ton of it. Slaughter house by ty segall is great too.

Edited by clown_baby

As a band teacher, I'm really biased towards "classical" genre pieces. Here are some of my favorites that are certainly epic enough for any launch!

Resplendent Glory--Rossano Galante

https://youtu.be/1OUL_NEQA9s

Ride--Samuel Hazo

Abram's Pursuit--David Holsinger

12 Seconds to the Moon (Mun?)--Robert W. Smith

Sleep--Eric Whitacre (awesome for when you're actually in space!)

Some might be turned off by the fact that its instrumental music, but trust me--all of these are worth a listen. Enjoy!

Moody blues - the story in your eyes..

I have the greatest hits on my ipod..like many of their songs it weaved its way into railway tradition on kerbin by playing while something epic happened more than once :)

its become my unofficial victory song while driving trains... overcoming a terrible dangerous situation.... surviving something a previous train didnt.. like today with a 40 class

(imagine this view with twin detriot diesel engines rumbling and resonating with eachother.. and the song in the background.. its magic.. atleast to me)

LS925P9.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7TsATY5eo

(changed it to the version I have on itunes)

ALSO! as a change of pace..

I sometimes use this.. for flying. when I do.. rarely.. :) on purpose that is

C64 synth sample remix of Stationary Ark theme

No one posted the classics yet? like the stuff nassault uses in his videos

Fade

if I ever do go for the mun one day... this is the song I want when I land and first start exploring (with a train)

Edited by Overland

Here's a couple space-themed songs that I didn't see mentioned:

Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun

Laura Veirs - Galaxies

This has nothing to do with space travel, it's the theme song from Residue. Just can't stop listening to it.

Georgie Kay - Head Full of Lies

I listen to playlists that include these songs whenever I play KSP!

Edited by Korbit

I really enjoy Biosphere when my craft is already in space.

Biosphere - Microgravity (the entire album):

Biosphere - Patashnik (title track, but the whole album is great):

Monolake - Null Pointer (from the Silence LP, I highly recommend that one too!):

When I'm actually launching rockets, the Raum Und Zeit album by Neosignal does the trick for me!

Neosignal - Kosmos:

Hehe, I've listened a lot to those two Biosphere albums in the nineties. They are great indeed.

I've never listened to what the guy has done from the 2000s though. His "most recent" track I remember is a remix for cEvin Key (of Skinny Puppy) & friends' project Download, and it's from 1996. : /

Monolake is simply fine.

Didn't know of Neosignal, but it sounds a little bit too pumpy for me. The artwork, on the other hand, brought back good memories of a very similar installation/night some friends and I have done/spent somewhere in the middle of a mountain forest, recording music and experimenting with our cameras, during our student years. The generating set roaring in our ears...

---

Speaking of Download members, and close to the ambient spirit of Biosphere, there's one track you may like from their project platEAU :

"Grasshopper", I think it was only released on Sub-Conscious Communications records' 1997 compilation Paradigm Shift.

It's an appropriate time to suggest Rechenzentrum's "IBM", from their John Peel Session in 2001 :

Cheers

Hehe, I've listened a lot to those two Biosphere albums in the nineties. They are great indeed.

I've never listened to what the guy has done from the 2000s though. His "most recent" track I remember is a remix for cEvin Key (of Skinny Puppy) & friends' project Download, and it's from 1996. : /

I know he released Patashnik 2 last year, which is in the same style as Microgravity and Patashnik 1.
Speaking of Download members, and close to the ambient spirit of Biosphere, there's one track you may like from their project platEAU :

"Grasshopper", I think it was only released on Sub-Conscious Communications records' 1997 compilation Paradigm Shift.

It's an appropriate time to suggest Rechenzentrum's "IBM", from their John Peel Session in 2001 :

Cheers

This is exactly my kind of stuff, thanks :D I take it you also know of Pete Namlook, Jonn Serrie and Carbon Based Lifeforms? It's also great space-themed music!

I was in KSP IRC and talking to transitbiker who posted this image after an SRB failed to separately cleanly and smacked into a core stage engine of his Vulkan style super heavy lifter.

zBvC6Ob.png

The first thing that came to mind was November Rain :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbUC-UaAxE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.