Music to Launch Rockets To - KSP Music Thread

Steambirds

I was in KSP IRC and talking to transitbiker who posted this image after an SRB failed to separately cleanly and smacked into a core stage engine of his Vulkan style super heavy lifter.

http://i.imgur.com/zBvC6Ob.png

The first thing that came to mind was November Rain :D

I'd say "Defeated", by The Legendary Pink Dots.

An extraordinary band, by the way.

215311KSPboom05b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've named songs whose female vocals I love in the "Favorite songs?" thread, and noticed I forgot to mention the gauche and sensual voice of Brigitte Bardot.

Rectifying the shot with this amazing space-themed B.B. song written by Serge Gainsbourg. "Contact", B-side of the Harley Davidson 7'' (1967) :

(and a rough translation of the lyrics)

A meteorite pierced my heart.

You, on the Earth, have doctors.

Contact, Contact.

I need a transfusion of mercury.

I have lost so much of it from this wound.

Contact, Contact.

Take off my space suit.

Remove this speck of sidereal dust.

Contact, Contact.

Hear me, I must at any cost

Meet my lover, out there in the galaxy.

Contact, Contact, Contact...

I know he released Patashnik 2 last year, which is in the same style as Microgravity and Patashnik 1.

I take it you also know of Pete Namlook, Jonn Serrie and Carbon Based Lifeforms? It's also great space-themed music!

Late answer again, sorry Woksaus.

I still have to listen to Patashnik 2. Will do soon.

Yes, I know Pete Namlook. I like what I've heard from Carbon Based Lifeforms, but I don't know the music of Jonn Serrie. Thanks, I'll give it a listen !

Edited by Plume & Akakak

Egh, this is a small contribution but no one suggested these yet. Time to listen to some albums you guys provided!

Gorillaz Gravity

Any Gorillaz albums fit nicely with KSP. Their electronic pop/rock has always had a place in my heart.

Same with anything by Daft Punk. Here's Daft Punk RAM

Contact near the end in particular is very very spacey. Gives me goosebumps.

For launching:

David Bowie - Space Odditty

David Bowie - Moonage Daydream

Muse - Explorers

Muse - Exogenesis Symphony

Hans Zimmer - Stay (or just generally the whole Interstellar Soundtrack)

In space I often listen to the Blue Danube by Richard Strauss (son).

Edited by Geher

I often still listen to the stock music that comes with KSP, but other here some other things I like to listen to while playing.

Apollo Atmospheres (Brian Eno) - especially if on a flight to Mun

Donni Darko soundtrack - some tracks anyway

Venture Bros soundtrack - just because it's fantastic :D

Aliens main title track

BSG 2003 Soundtrack - I even used it in the cinematic I made below

Not exactly that great for launching rockets to but are there are there any other They Might Be Giants or The Front Bottoms fans here?

All jet fighter testing must be done to music from Top Gun.

Launching Rockets:

Atomic - Blondie

Tommy Gun - The Clash

Gainesville Rock City - Less Than Jake

Heroes - David Bowie

Driving Rovers:

Anything by the Tom Robinson Band

Heroin - Velvet Underground

AKA Driver - They Might Be Giants

And for when things finally start going well and not exploding:

And now for my list in no specific order..

Chocky's Theme, from the 80's british kids sci fi series, a haunting and lonely song.

The Mysterious Cities Of Gold, another 80's kids show, french but dubbed in english, a few nice tunes in there, themes about exploration, learning and flight

The Condor Takes Flight - Song 03

The Cyclone - Song 04

Sacred Ground - Song 06

Saint Elmo's Fire - Song 17, full soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOYsLYmFJe4&list=PL8177386114AC6584&index= 17

Starship Troopers, was quite surprised I didn't see these listed, maybe I missed them..

Klendathu Drop - Song 14

Destruction of Rodger Youg - Song 25

Jean Michel Jarre, not seeing these on people's lists, im shocked... Oxygen, Equinoxe, Magnetic fields and and plenty of others...

Oxygean part 4.. of course.

Rendez-vous

Magnetic Fields

Equinox part 5

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells of course..

The Final Countdown - Europe

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman

And to finish it off, Aliens, The Deluxe Soundtrack

uPv7eQA2K&index=1

Their version of "Across the Universe" or the cover of "The Final Countdown" ? :D

They covered The Final Countdown and this is the first I have heard of it.. man thats it im ranting on facebook to my friends about that, they have an obligation to inform me of such things.

guys i have a question thats not really worth it's own thread, might as well ask it here. is there a way to add an mp3 file of choice to the game files and make it play automaticly once you spawn on the runway? and possibly make it stop once above 3km altitude? much like how music starts playing once you leave kerbins atmosphere

music related

Edited by Belphegor

The Final Countdown, Sympathy for the Devil, Entartete Welt, Across the Universe...

Lol, we're sticking to old tracks, yet "The Whistleblowers" is such a galvanizing earworm. Leaves you with the impression that it's too short, which is quite an accomplishment.

I just imagined its music video with kerbals replacing the diligent kids.

This one is among my favorites, an old one too :

---

(EDIT)

Switching to another track that always seems too short to me, the indefinite repeat kind.

John Cale & Brian Eno's "Spinning Away", from their 1990 LP Wrong Way Up ("keep the pointy end towards space", eh).

Sounds like a soundtrack to a kerbal's blissful smile :

Edited by Plume & Akakak
addition

I've named songs whose female vocals I love in the "Favorite songs?" thread, and noticed I forgot to mention the gauche and sensual voice of Brigitte Bardot.

Rectifying the shot with this amazing space-themed B.B. song written by Serge Gainsbourg. "Contact", B-side of the Harley Davidson 7'' (1967) :

Oh, cool song!
Late answer again, sorry Woksaus.

I still have to listen to Patashnik 2. Will do soon.

Yes, I know Pete Namlook. I like what I've heard from Carbon Based Lifeforms, but I don't know the music of Jonn Serrie. Thanks, I'll give it a listen !

Haha, no problem.

These are some awesome tracks by Jonn Serrie:

These are some awesome tracks by Jonn Serrie:

Very appeasing.

Do you listen to earlier "space" music, like Deutsche Kosmische Musik from the 70s ? Tangerine Dream (Alpha Centauri, Phaedra, Rubycon...) or Klaus Schulze (Cyborg, Mirage...) ? It's different of course, less about taking a nap in weightless conditions, more about getting you dizzy with vertiginous arpeggios.

There's one lesser-known musician from that period that me and my wife have an affection for, Adelbert Von Deyen. He was very productive in the late 70s and 80s, then settled in a small Dorf near the Baltic Sea and dedicated himself to painting. Has an old-school-HTML site where you can buy his records as well as his floral paintings and bucolic landscapes, or postcards and calendars. It's, humble.

He's making music again, yet sporadically, since the mid-2000s.

Anyway, go have a listen to "Atmosphere (Part I & II)", from the Atmosphere LP (1980).

Cheers

Edited by Plume & Akakak

After completing a collaborative supersonic bomber project to the tune of Nancy the Tavern Wench (oh my!), I'm now drafting a plan to add a Tavern Module to my career space station, which will be christened The Sunk'n Norwegian :D

Is this how pirate space programs start?

In which case, I can create a new KSP series when the boys in blue show up?

Seriously, Alestorm is not just good rocket lunching music, it is great! Who doesn't love space pirates with such cute names as Captain Jack Kerman?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.