Laythe Biome Crescent Bay

You could try using Kerbal Engineer Redux's biome readout to find it. The biome map on the wiki and the ingame one (alt+F12) are completely useless unfortunately :( Also, spoiler tags exist for a reason :P

The far right crater towards the north looks vaguely crescent-shaped. There's nothing distinguishing it on the ingame biome map though

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/w/images/9/95/Laythe_Biome_Map_0.90.0.png

You could also try using Kerbal Engineer Redux's biome readout and just orbiting in a polar orbit until you pass over it.

You could try using Kerbal Engineer Redux's biome readout to find it. The biome map on the wiki and the ingame one (alt+F12) are completely useless unfortunately :( Also, spoiler tags exist for a reason :P

The far right crater towards the north looks vaguely crescent-shaped. There's nothing distinguishing it on the ingame biome map though

You could also try using Kerbal Engineer Redux's biome readout and just orbiting in a polar orbit until you pass over it.

Tried there, I'm convinced they botched the code on this. Guess I'll try the ker...

Tried there, I'm convinced they botched the code on this. Guess I'll try the ker...

Well, code's got nothing to do with it really; biomes are just stored in an off-screen texture (which is displayed using the alt+f12 option). Did you try landing on the land in that area instead of the water?

The most spoiler-free and fun way is to use SCANSat to make a map and then find your elusive biome on it.

The problem is this biome appears to be indistinguishable on both the ingame biome map and the one the wiki has. I wouldn't really expect SCANSat to do a better job :(

Well, code's got nothing to do with it really; biomes are just stored in an off-screen texture (which is displayed using the alt+f12 option). Did you try landing on the land in that area instead of the water?

Sure did, even though that is not strictly speaking the geographical definition of a bay.

I even broke down and tried alt f12 and it was useless.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is this biome appears to be indistinguishable on both the ingame biome map and the one the wiki has. I wouldn't really expect SCANSat to do a better job :(

It does not help in the slightest.

SCANSat shows you biome names when you use the map (that is, you've scanned the target planet with the right instrument). So all what needed is some work with the map.

SCANSat shows you biome names when you use the map (that is, you've scanned the target planet with the right instrument). So all what needed is some work with the map.

I feel as though you are providing advice without having attempted it yourself. It was not the least bit helpful

I feel as though you are providing advice without having attempted it yourself. It was not the least bit helpful

Well, having been sat in a polar orbit of Laythe for the last hour, I'm inclined to agree that the biome just doesn't exist. It's possible it's some super specific point similar to the Moholes on Moho, but even those are visible on the ingame biome map.

When looking through Google Images for this, I found an image with this area circled. Not saying it's definitely Crescent Bay, but I think it's where it should be. I'll do a check, but you might be right in that the biome may not exist :(

EDIT: Checked that page, it was someone asking if that was actually Crescent Bay. No answer was given, other than "It's a surprise yuk yuk". Seems like a likely candidate though.

EDIT2: Check this out:

Crescent_Bay_Maybe.png

Notice how this area is a slightly different shade of blue than The Sagen Sea. Interestingly enough it's on land, was labeled as the Sagen Sea when I did science on it, and covers a rather large set of areas on Laythe. More investigation is required.

EDIT3: It would appear the science results are different at this mysterious blue biome than in the Sagen Sea. I would do more research, but my game keeps crashing, and I've done enough already.

Edited by Brownhair2

When looking through Google Images for this, I found an image with this area circled. Not saying it's definitely Crescent Bay, but I think it's where it should be. I'll do a check, but you might be right in that the biome may not exist :(

EDIT: Checked that page, it was someone asking if that was actually Crescent Bay. No answer was given, other than "It's a surprise yuk yuk". Seems like a likely candidate though.

EDIT2: Check this out:

http://s28.postimg.org/i332atr71/Crescent_Bay_Maybe.png

Notice how this area is a slightly different shade of blue than The Sagen Sea. Interestingly enough it's on land, was labeled as the Sagen Sea when I did science on it, and covers a rather large set of areas on Laythe. More investigation is required.

EDIT3: It would appear the science results are different at this mysterious blue biome than in the Sagen Sea. I would do more research, but my game keeps crashing, and I've done enough already.

I think those areas (several in the oceans of Laythe) are shallow areas of the sagen sea, but that's me being pessimistic.

I think those areas (several in the oceans of Laythe) are shallow areas of the sagen sea, but that's me being pessimistic.

Yeah they are. You can tell because the biome map is a much lower resolution than those areas. There's also a lot of places like that on Laythe. Several entire islands are like that; they're still considered The Sagen Sea

Edited by armagheddonsgw

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
8 hours ago, LoganNumber6 said:

34 26 35 N

158 40 25 E

welcome and thank you.

Mind you that the thread is quite old, so:

¬The OP is probably not waiting for an answer anymore

¬The game changed a bit since the question. what was correct back then may not be correct now, and it can cause confusion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.