How Important is Kerbal Safety to You?

TheHockeyPlayer

To what extent do you go to in order to keep your Kerbals safe?  

344 members have voted

1. 1. To what extent do you go to in order to keep your Kerbals safe?

• I go out of my way to ensure my Kerbals don't die. If one of them does die, I'm heartbroken
    • I'll add a few parachutes here and there, but if one dies, it's not the end of the world.
    • I don't go to any extent to keep them from dying because they're a dime a dozen!

I go out of my way to ensure my Kerbals don't die.

Like revert or reload. But I also like to own my mistakes. I love the Apollo 13 moments in this game. So I've killed a couple. but mostly I just get them stranded someplace (like in a spacesuit in Duna orbit for a year and a half)

A third of the ships I deploy have "Rescue" in their name.

Edit: Notice all the rescue plus marks in my ribbons. (also just launched a rescue mission to Moho. Bob's been working on his tan there for two years.)

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

My family has a bad history with manned spaceflight. Challenger blew up on my dad's birthday, Vladamir Kormarov had his chute fail about forty years before my brother was born, and Columbia broke up right before my younger sister's birthday. As a result, astronaut deaths come up as a discussion topic once every month and a half in my house.

Needless to say, I move heaven and earth to make sure that my Kerbals come home safely, even if that means losing half of a real-life day duplicating earlier feats to bring extra fuel to missions stranded out by Jool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.