[1.0]CactEye 2 Orbital Telescope BETA 5.2

Raven.

If RubberDucky was the mod's orginator and raven took over from him, then I'd be the third person. :) Anyway, so far I haven't heard from raven, and DOE was just updated. I will have an update this weekend. One goal I have is to remove the hard dependency on DOE so that CactEye can benefit from it and not break when it updates.

The issue with the Fungi was a problem between the chair and the keyboard, I hadn't realised that I needed to target the object before doing observations!

Happens to me at work all the time, especially when trying to get an iOS app to run on a decice, heh. :)

If RubberDucky was the mod's orginator and raven took over from him, then I'd be the third person. :) Anyway, so far I haven't heard from raven, and DOE was just updated. I will have an update this weekend. One goal I have is to remove the hard dependency on DOE so that CactEye can benefit from it and not break when it updates.

I just sent you a pm. In short, feel free to take over; the license permits anyone to make a fork and to create their own derivatives so long as they distribute under the exact same license as the original.

CacyEye was never really dependent on DOE. The DOE patch was a completely optional patch that should had only been installed if DOE was installed alongside CactEye. In hind sight, it wasn't the most elegant solution ever conceived for resolving the incompatibility between the two mods. But it worked. The reason why it would break every time DOE updated is because the DOE author is good enough to update the version numbers in his Visual Studio project, which migrates into the DLL file when Visual Studio compiles said DLL. The problem is, when the DOE patch is compiled, Visual Studio creates this hard dependency on the specific version of DOE. More than likely, there is a better solution to this, I just never had the time to really fiddle with it.

• 2 weeks later...

first, YES! this is one of my favorite mods, and I'm very pleased to see who's taking over dev.

2nd - I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what you mean by supporting the dmagic telescope? Dmagic's is (for lack of a better term) a "fake" telescope meant to be something to click on and be rewarded science points. Cacteye is a FUNCTIONAL telescope in that you can control it, and zoom in and out, take pictures and be rewarded sci points as a bonus for doing your telescope aiming and picture captures.

It even requires/ allows for service missions to replace the parts as you go up the tech tree.

So I'm just confused as to what you mean "support" ?

Well, I meant making the telescope, like you said, funtional. With low image quality/range and with lower science yield.

The DMagic telescope is meant to be pointed down at the planet, not up at space. They serve a fairly different function. Though I do agree, I wish the Dmagic parts were a bit more interactive.

Just stumbled across this thread - and like the idea of the MOD - See there is currently a handover happening - so wondering if the current version on Curse (Beta 5.2 - May 1) is good to use - or if should wait for an updated version for KSP1.0.4?

Just stumbled across this thread - and like the idea of the MOD - See there is currently a handover happening - so wondering if the current version on Curse (Beta 5.2 - May 1) is good to use - or if should wait for an updated version for KSP1.0.4?

Here's the last version by Angel, from before the hand over.

Get the latest here!

CactEye 2 BETA 6.1

NOTE: Angel-125 here, raven appears to have been away for a couple of months, so I've forked his build of CactEye and am doing some caretaking/maintennance until raven gets back. I'm hoping he/she will return to a bunch of pull requests from me and pick up the mod again. If not, I'll do what I can to continue the er, continuation of RubberDucky's mod.

Also note: All I did was recompile, so if there are bugs, I didn't do it. ;)

- Recompiled for KSP 1.0.4

- Updated parts to latest KIS/KAS

CactEye 2 BETA 6

-Fixed an issue where the skybox would not be visible in pictures taken with a CactEye telescope.

-Fixed a timewarp issue with the skybox.

-Fixed an issue where the FungEye telescope would not explode when pointed at the sun.

-Added contracts!

-Added an example craft of the small telescope.

Hey folks, sorry for the lack of updates, I've been working very hard on Pathfinder of late. I just recompiled and updated CactEye2 to support the latest DOE, and updated the GRU lifetimes. Right now my plan is to keep the plugin and parts up to date with the latest KSP/DOE, but once I finish up on Pathfinder and dig into MOLE more, I can start looking into more enhancements and bug fixes for the CactEye.

Get the latest here.

CactEye2 BETA 6.7

- Recompiled for the latest version of DOE

- The GRU-1000 now has a lifespan of 100 days.

- The GRU-2000 now has a lifespan of 200 days.

Hey folks, sorry for the lack of updates, I've been working very hard on Pathfinder of late. I just recompiled and updated CactEye2 to support the latest DOE, and updated the GRU lifetimes. Right now my plan is to keep the plugin and parts up to date with the latest KSP/DOE, but once I finish up on Pathfinder and dig into MOLE more, I can start looking into more enhancements and bug fixes for the CactEye.

Get the latest here.

CactEye2 BETA 6.7

- Recompiled for the latest version of DOE

- The GRU-1000 now has a lifespan of 100 days.

- The GRU-2000 now has a lifespan of 200 days.

Oh cool!

I wonder what happened to beta 6.2,6.3 etc?

Good luck on your other mods, we'll be patiently waiting here.

Included is another folder entitled "Compatibility Patch for Distant Object v1.5.4," this is needed only if you are running Distant Object v1.5.4. The contents of that folder contains a compatibility patch that makes CactEye 2 fully compatible with Distant Object 1.5.4. If you are not using Distant Object, then the patch is not needed and will introduce unnecessary log spam

This needed only for DOE v1.5.4? Because the latest as I know is v1.6.0...

In Contract Configurator AltF10 Logfile - this cacteye planet observation1 and 3 is showing up as Red.

I have a picture of the error but I have no idea how to load it here as don't have a hosting site to upload the image, but in short:

[ERROR] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONRACT_TYPE 'CactEye Planet Observation1': Error Parsing targetBody

then this throws up an EXCEPTION Log which is huge but starts 'Minmas' is not a valid Celestial Body. (yes minmus is spelt that way in the log) then goes into a number of exception parsers....

In Contract Configurator AltF10 Logfile - this cacteye planet observation1 and 3 is showing up as Red.

I have a picture of the error but I have no idea how to load it here as don't have a hosting site to upload the image, but in short:

[ERROR] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONRACT_TYPE 'CactEye Planet Observation1': Error Parsing targetBody

then this throws up an EXCEPTION Log which is huge but starts 'Minmas' is not a valid Celestial Body. (yes minmus is spelt that way in the log) then goes into a number of exception parsers....

This was in GitHub, but I think it wasn't merged. Go to /GameData/CactEye/Contracts/PlanetaryObservationContract.cfg and change "Minmas" and "Poll" (use the search function of your text editor) to "Minmus" and "Pol" respectively.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.