[1.0]CactEye 2 Orbital Telescope BETA 5.2

Raven.

Hey folks, awesome mod. Question -- is there a way with this mod to prevent viewing other planets in the mapview until after they've been "discovered" with a telescope? Some way to prevent KAC from "knowing" of any transfer windows until after a planet has been discovered? Something to force me to launch a telescope and view, for example, Duna, before any probe / kerballed missions to Duna become possible?

For that matter, could we come up with some reasons to place telescopes in orbit of the other planets, or low Kerbolar (solar) orbit? Perhaps in conjunction with an extra-planets mod that involves other stars to go visit, necessitating placing a telescope out beyond Eeloo first?

Is there already a way to "kinda" do some of this in conjunction with other mods?

Would we be able to get an update for DOE 1.6.1? Thanks!

Here you go! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hey folks, awesome mod. Question -- is there a way with this mod to prevent viewing other planets in the mapview until after they've been "discovered" with a telescope? Some way to prevent KAC from "knowing" of any transfer windows until after a planet has been discovered? Something to force me to launch a telescope and view, for example, Duna, before any probe / kerballed missions to Duna become possible?

For that matter, could we come up with some reasons to place telescopes in orbit of the other planets, or low Kerbolar (solar) orbit? Perhaps in conjunction with an extra-planets mod that involves other stars to go visit, necessitating placing a telescope out beyond Eeloo first?

Is there already a way to "kinda" do some of this in conjunction with other mods?

I think there's a mod that does exactly that. I can't remember the name offhand though. Once I get to the point where I can actively develop CactEye, I can look into integrating with other mods, such as with Asteroid Day (I know CactEye already has an asteroid camera).

You're thinking of Research Bodies http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/127533-1-0-4-ResearchBodies-v1-4-Track-celestial-bodies-to-explore-them!-%28August-26th-2015%29

Would it be possible to disable the distant object enhancement flare even when the target body is off screen?

When I was trying to snap a picture of Laythe I zoomed in to the point that Tylo went offscreen. This re-enabled Tylo's flare and thus drowned out my entire screen.

Hmm I had this same issue today. I ended up having to turn off flares for a bit. It worked great at first, but as I zoomed in more the flares kept turning on and would turn off if I unzoomed a bit. Is there any sort of range limitation I do play with a increase system size 7x SMA? Another thing was the flare was stuck on in the telescope and I had to enable then disable again for it to finally disappear. Then the whole planet, Jool, disappeared. Not sure what caused that and I didn't even get it to go back during that test. Will play around some more and hopefully get some decisive info. Really love the mod so I hope I get it figured out. Thanks!

Edited by Svm420

Hey folks :)

I've been super busy getting Pathfinder ready with its nice Buffalo MSEV, and just released DSEV, so I have a bit of time to do some maintennance on the CactEye. I'll have to create a new thread for the CactEye. One goal I have is to make a clean bridge for DOE. It sounds like there are still some bugs in the system; I need help to track them down as I've inherited the mod instead of writing the code from scratch. Fortunately I'm pretty good at stepping through somebody else's code; I do that at work :)

Hey folks :)

I've been super busy getting Pathfinder ready with its nice Buffalo MSEV, and just released DSEV, so I have a bit of time to do some maintennance on the CactEye. I'll have to create a new thread for the CactEye. One goal I have is to make a clean bridge for DOE. It sounds like there are still some bugs in the system; I need help to track them down as I've inherited the mod instead of writing the code from scratch. Fortunately I'm pretty good at stepping through somebody else's code; I do that at work :)

Awesome! Please be sure to post the new thread here so I (and others) can follow you there.

Well fry my crabs and call me Maximus, that is an awesome NEWS!!! First you make glorious Pathfinder, and now you take over this mod! Wooo!!!

The Minmus Resort will crack some fireworks today to celebrate

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.