Some assembly (or assistance, even) required.

Hello, forum users. I have started developement on a plugin that will allow you to have motors, engines and other mechanical devices. The system they will be using is simple: a few wheels feed off an engine/motor, which feeds off of a power source. This engine has a resource named "BHP" which, of course, dictates the power of the wheels. Different engines have different BHP levels. The wheels all feed off of this BHP, reducing the output per wheel with each additional wheel. ex: 4 wheels will have twice the power per wheel, but not nescessarily the same grip. I also want to accomplish wheels that have grip values, like infinitedice's ICE mod. Now, here's the tricky part: I am completely inexperienced with C#, C or even C++. I could probably figure it out given a bit of help, though.

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Plugins - Read through the links if you haven't already

It sounds like you're going to need atleast two part modules (power source/engine (BHP producer) and the wheels (BHP consumer)), some parts with your custom module/s (module manager patch), and maybe a few other things.

If you get stuck on something then come ask, but you really need to have something to ask about first :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.