Game Loading stops

power_help.jpg

help.png

So my game stops loading at the MK2 to MK3 adapter. No idea why, no new mods installed. or anything. any suggestions?

Sorry the top pic is so small, its just the "squad/parts/fuel-tanks/adapter/MK2 to MK3/

May also want to add this is 0.25 NOT 0.90

Edited by Claw

Try removing the offending part I'd guess. I don't have that particular folder on my .25 install, rather I have GameData/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2mk3Adapter , but then I'm running on Linux so maybe it's different.

1. I typed the exact loading path wrong.

2. I shouldn't be over the limit as I ran the game last night just fine... Try today CHANGED NOTHING and now it pulls this stunt.

3. Tried removing the entire "Adapter tanks" folder. Now it stops loading on a different Squad part.

Edited by 7499275

Has it been working previously?

I would try a fresh download and install if it looks like something is corrupted.

First, copy your saves folder to your desktop. Then proceed as if you just bought the game for the first time. It may be worth renaming your current game folder rather than deleting it yet.

You can then move your saves folder into the newly created game folder.

Apologies if you are a 'seasoned' player and this is telling you stuff you already know.

I was having this problem too. Very random and intermittent. A couple of things to try:

Delete the two module manager config files. It will re-write them on the next load. If that helps great! When I was having the issue it would allow me to load the game successfully once. So basically had to delete the files everytime I started the game.

Try removing texture replacer. I have no idea why but this completely solved the issue for me. I wasn't even using texture replacer for anything, just had installed in case I wanted to get a skybox in the future.

Hope that helps

As you are using steam you can check the integrity of the game cache:

Open properties of KSP in steam --> Local Files tab --> Verify integrity of game cache.

It should repair corrupt files with that

Problem is, the "KSP" folder, is sitting on my desktop and I have 0.90 in Steam right now.

Deleting random parts probably won't fix it if the game is hanign on load like that. What we really need are log files...

Problem is, the "KSP" folder, is sitting on my desktop and I have 0.90 in Steam right now.

Also, this right here might be what's messing things up. Copy/Paste KSP somewhere else (like C:/Games/KSP). Do NOT "move" it or windows will still mess with it.

Beyond that, I have a few other guesses, but an output_log.txt file would help us know for sure. If you could upload one to some place like pastebin.com, that would be really helpful.

Also, moved to support.

Cheers,

-Claw

Hmm, that's an unusual error...

Well, let's start small. You've got KSP in a folder on the Desktop, it seems. It's been known to cause a few issues with KSP due to Windows' DEP protocols; try copying KSP to another folder (your best bet is something like C:\KSP or C:\Games\KSP) and running it from there. Make sure you actually copy it, as moving the files seems to cause Windows to continue to interfere for various poorly-defined reasons in the DEP logic.

If the problem is still occurring following that, we might need to see another log, in case the error it decides to throw out changes. :)

Yeah, here is the exact path. In this folder is a bunch of MU and CFG files.

C:\KSP\GameData\Squad\Parts\FuelTank\adapterTanks

However I tried at one time deleting the entire adapter tanks folder and it still stopped loading, just on a different part.

Alright, though you said this as 0.25 you were using, there's a few things to try from here, one is to try a fresh 0.25 install, another is to copy out the saves and try your bugged install again in case it's a bad save.

Another thing to try is to copy out all the addons from the bad install and see if it loads, if it loads without saves or without addons we can concentrate on those areas, if a new 0.25 fails to load then it's a deeper issue.

If you are using steam, you should be able to go to the Betas page (or tab) and choose "Use last stable release" or something like that.

You might want to copy/move over 0.90 somewhere so that it doesn't get trashed. Then make sure the steam location is all cleaned out.

After you download a new copy, try to launch it. If that fails, remove the NASA Mission and Squad folders from the GameData directory and launch KSP. If it starts up, go into the settings and turn down all the graphics. Exit KSP. Move the NASA Mission and Squad folders back, and try launching KSP again.

Load up some more output_log.txt files after that, if it doesn't work.

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.