OMICRON - Flying Space Car Development Thread

Climberfx

We can all hope that will happen eventually. I fear that Squad may simply finish KSP as it is and start work on something new. I kinda hate the idea of a KSP 2 though, considering they could simply extend KSP instead of starting this whole development process all over again. If they want to bring in more income they could release a Unity 5 update as an addon/DLC or something. I don't know what would be a good option for them, but I'm unsure if they'll really update the version of Unity anytime soon.

ahauhuahuahuahuhauau! :) (good one)

I need to tell, is why i put RW in a separate part, so, if it force too much, the part will collapse inside it (maybe destroying something else too in the process), without destroying the vessel.

:)

Awesome. Nothing like those unexpected part failures when you pull a gentle turn that only peaks at a measly 32 gees. Kerbals don't turn to green goo until at least 60, right? We need to test this... gather the interns.

I don't really know how much G's they support, but i do know for my Argo Vehicle, the SSTO Vtol with B9 parts, that it broke in peaces if you reentering atmosphere in wrong angle, because the power of it's internal RW. (cockpit), and the two more on back.

They rip the vessel a part, no figure of speech here, literally.

;)

Edited by Climberfx

That's just vessel strength there. The Kerbal itself has been reported to be able to survive reentry no matter what angle it hit the atmosphere. That is, reports have found that the Kerbal can still respond in a small way even after high speed impact. No reports were filed to indicate how long they lived after the incident... but considering any "landing" which ends with a live Kerbal, no matter how long that life continues afterwards, is still a successful landing. All other data is unnecessary.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm around guys, my work got me here, but this project is so much alive.

Trekfan42, if you watch some Substance for Unity videos from alegorithmic youtube channel, you will understand the how much integration it have.

:)

Back soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Cannot wait. to see your car in Ksp!

With Squad's announcement of their plans to integrate Unity 5, I can imagine ClimberFX is chomping at the bit with the new features he now will have at his disposal... wear, tear, scorching, heating effects...

I too, am looking forward to seeing this car in it's final form.

@ClimberFx: I have NOT forgotten about external crew transfers. They are next on my list after Ship Manifest 4.3.0.0 is released

I've been looking at the Unity 5 stuff that's been discussed and while those effects are cool and all, the switch to Unity 5 will likely break just about everything the community has done to mod the game and likely make some of the more ingenious mods completely unable to even function no matter what is done. I'm afraid Unity 5 is going to be a dark time for KSP, and I for one am disabling my Steam auto-updating feature in preparation for this game-changing event.

Great to know Papa. That will be perfect.

I'm happy. Soon we will have Unity 5 too.

But i hoppe i finish Omicron first, rsrsrsrsrsrssrsrsr. Before next update, or at least, on similar release date.

I don't see this "dark time" coming Gaalidas, i think the mod community is fast to update to new version like never before.

Unity 5 update will pass easily.

So, sorry by my absence, but this is still alive, just my work got strong here.

Cheers :)

16790673269_c6bd8c080a_o.jpg

• 2 months later...

I do not Gaalidas.

I'm a little saad because i can't have time to advance in my project. But in same time, i'm happy because i'm having a job one after another, that way i can put my expenses in day.

But don't mistake yourself, i will finish it.

;)

16859315070_14887d67df_o.jpg

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.