OMICRON - Flying Space Car Development Thread

Climberfx

• 5 months later...

So, Lost my System HD and in the same time, the Time Machine HD.

That one was hard to swallow! But is in the past. Now, with a clean El Capitan Install, the machine is better and faster then before (with SSD system running on 500MB/s read and write).

But that means, when the KSP 1.1 with Unity 5 get released, and i have spare time from my work, i will need to start Omicron from scratch!

The good thing is that when i do it, it will be better then the first time.

I hope see all ready in this year...

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Yeah, me too. I never had that type of lost in backup before. Time Machine is super competent.

I didn't see why it happens, perhaps a power surge that blow all two HD on same day/restart.

I am happy that was only the HD, and more happy that now i use  SSD's. So much faster.

No other place i put those backups. Was 2 external HD's and the iMac internal one. The two externals, one happens some month's before. I had 2 mirror's time machine. So was to happen. Cosmos. 

Today i already prepare all the .mu reference part's, convert then to FBX via Blender plugin, and now i am importing in Maya, so, tomorrow i start to modeling. the good part is that all the things i did and learn doing the first time, will help to achieve a better result now.

Keep in touch and follow the thread to support :wink:

Manage to have all ref parts i need to start in correct scale converted and imported to Maya. That way, all will fit perfectly.

Now, i'm preparing the 3D Kerbal in the sit pose, fixing the textures, (because all come white from blender when imported) and then converting it to low poly. (Kerbal i found in blender is to high density in polygons)

27883017055_f88e394b54_o.pngRef models by Rafael Valle, on Flickr

Edited by Climberfx

Kerbal low poly ready to skin bind, will be used to adjust the sit position inside the craft.

27821744792_085d2b4913_o.png

27821744532_ed4d9034bb_o.png

27892478906_b018a7f729_o.png

27892478366_32c0120e5f_o.png

p.s. For future goggle search, here some words:

Kerbal, Model, Maya, 3D.

Edited by Climberfx

Don't worry, i will made the seats part independent of the ship, at least i will try it. (because i'm not thinking about the collision mesh yet)

This time i wanna made some tests before i go furder.

update:

Progress of the day, mesures, inner spaces, for the passenger module (4)

Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 9.41.56 PM

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 12.33.50 AM

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 9.57.26 PM

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 10.55.26 PM

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 1.18.52 AM

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 2.34.09 AM

Edited by Climberfx

Here the things how it goes:

I'm in the ends of crew module, and different from before, i'm going to test this part on KSP, upfront the problems i may have in this process. This way, i believe i can have more certainly of the possibilities.

Here goes a pic of how the model is, with windows and hatches already done (in Maya). From here to Unity, test animations, apply shades and create a CFG file to test all in KSP. Crossing fingers!!!! :P

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 5.03.52 AM

Edited by Climberfx

• 2 weeks later...

The port to KSP work all fine. So, i port the "egg" to mk2 adapter, and it's all working as expected.

The texture still not  final, just a place holder, but the model for the adapter part is already done.

Next step is to evolve on the passenger part (almost done) then port it to KSP, with animations for windows and hatches.

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 9.06.55 AM

egg mk2 adapter

egg mk2 adapter

Edited by Climberfx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.