OMICRON - Flying Space Car Development Thread

Climberfx

On 6/26/2016 at 6:02 PM, Climberfx said:

Kerbal low poly ready to skin bind, will be used to adjust the sit position inside the craft.

27821744792_085d2b4913_o.png

27821744532_ed4d9034bb_o.png

27892478906_b018a7f729_o.png

27892478366_32c0120e5f_o.png

p.s. For future goggle search, here some words:

Kerbal, Model, Maya, 3D.

are these for IVA things? i think someone already had too-scale kerbal models, somewhere, but i wouldnt know where.

also, i am excited for release :) 

Edited by 123nick

16 hours ago, 123nick said:

are these for IVA things? i think someone already had too-scale kerbal models, somewhere, but i wouldnt know where.

also, i am excited for release :) 

I did it based on the ones from blender, i suppose that are the one you are talking about. Manage to convert and clean it up, because it came super high poly, out of scale, and with a lot of junk edges. But solve my necessity. These mines are in scale, i think the model the game uses will depend on the mods you have installed. Like those that remove the helmet when in atmosphere or inside the ship. The default attributes are with white full suit (helmet + jet back pack).

But when i got there, i can see it more closely.

:wink:

EDIT:

UVW of CREW Group done!

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 6.52.29 PM

Edited by Climberfx

So folks, here's how far I am.

The passenger module, with the anim's ready.

The video is a little brisk, and I will adjust the time of the anim's too, for slower.

Next i finish the colliders for the module, as well the nulls for seat's and cfg part file.

I hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by Climberfx

The pilot compartment solves the issue we discussed earlier in the thread about an internal seat.  I can see a path to take to allow seating kerbals from sm.  Now to determine how to make sm external seat aware.

Nice work!

So, advanced some more, manage how to move in between modules (ladder tag's), and have solved the Seats.

Now i will separate the seats as a part alone, with custom attach to the right position on crew modules, that way i will be able to have more then one seat used at a time. (KerbalSeat limitation)

I hope you enjoy the evolution!

EDIT: done. Seats separated. Now all the Family together on the simulator! :P

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 10.48.59 AM

EDIT 2:

@Papa_Joe , i found the mod for command seat, worked. sort of. I could start with all seats filled, but some of then jump out from start...

:P

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 2.20.44 PM

Edited by Climberfx

9 hours ago, Climberfx said:

So, advanced some more, manage how to move in between modules (ladder tag's), and have solved the Seats.

Now i will separate the seats as a part alone, with custom attach to the right position on crew modules, that way i will be able to have more then one seat used at a time. (KerbalSeat limitation)

I hope you enjoy the evolution!

EDIT: done. Seats separated. Now all the Family together on the simulator! :P

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 10.48.59 AM

EDIT 2:

@Papa_Joe , i found the mod for command seat, worked. sort of. I could start with all seats filled, but some of then jump out from start...

:P

Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 2.20.44 PM

Great progress my friend. Keep us posted.   Looking forward to the engine development.  what you had before looked pretty good, but I'm sure you have ideas in that area as well...

Some more evolution/parts:

The Fuel Tanks. Will be 3 sizes, this is the large. All 3 sizes in 2 variants, with/without hole in middle to pass Kerbals to.

The fuel volumes (liters) are computed by 3D program precisely, i gave 40% of reduction to compensate structure.

I hope you enjoy

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 11.13.50 PM

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 10.54.37 PM

Edited by Climberfx

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be soon MeCripp. But this and next month i am in a job that take me all time. so will be giving a break here.

But will be back after that, soon. I may release the parts i have here, since i finish the first version of cockpit.

Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.