OMICRON - Flying Space Car Development Thread

Climberfx

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you AngelLestat.

Returning the Development.

Now, working the fine tuning of Vtol Saber, to free it's position to any possible on the sides, and still keeping the joints smooth. Now it's is not.

16292142733_182b06e0ce_o.jpg

16704831467_7fb8d1afe7_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

Thanks Gaalidas.

Here to you to know, is my actual list of things to do (some times it grows, when i have some new ideas):

*List goes on the first post on thread.

Here is another type of intake to feed 6 to 8 vtol sabers at once. (8 is top)

16301695693_4d365504c4_o.jpg

16921085341_83758bee0f_o.jpg

16923365271_db944ffff1_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

That's one hefty to-do list. I wouldn't want to have something like that on my lap. I just hope, at some point, you'll stop coming up with new ideas and get something put together that we can cruise in while we wait for the more complete package.

I know, i know. I am very flattered with this pressure.

Thinking that you all are enjoying.

You will see, soon we get there.

No more add on's. I swear, just the list above, and as soon i can release some combination of useful parts, i will do it.

Here one more pic to your delight...

16314196923_07a6b362e4_o.jpg

16909123056_b893d2b905_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

I don't think you will be disappointed. My renders are basic. The models don't even got texture. For sure the texture will be clean as it is already, but will put the model on KSP as gorgeous as now, or better. And have another important thing, here, are only pics, in the moment any one start to use it, will be animated, and interactive (the experience). So, keep frozen!

;)

16337697794_d05dd26f80_o.jpg

Nice work.

I subscribed. So just finish this baby and release it here sooon please.

Those shapes near the thrusters at the bottom are wheels? If so this is Even Better.

If they are, that's definitely interesting... but I'd think we'd need a more robust wheel to handle the weight of this thing.

Hey guys. thanks for your appreciation.

Yes, will be wheels. Some pics on the post show it with, but i put here one more to show you.

This wheels are place holders based on the adjustable landing gears mod, that i have installed with module manager multi-size options, and i will do my won wheels based on it.

I don't think it is small, they are robust, and will be used to park or little movement. Possibly mine will be based on the ALG too.

I need to remake it because the default ones shows inside the cargo bay, i'll need to have a little squeezed ones.

16981177312_ecd33d88d6_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

I just polish the final version of Reaction Wheels, Battery pack and Monopropellant containers.

You see two RW on this vessel, on front and other on back. It adapts on the hatch hole on back.

16778250287_6f99ee6a1e_o.jpg

16798180150_a9723e8bef_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

Perhaps the wheels could be inflatable, so as to take less room when stowed. I'd probably just attach my own wheels to this baby due to my involvement with Kerbal Foundries wheels. I just can't go back to stock suspension/steering mechanics.

It's an idea. I think only doing a slick and more organic design, like the vessel itself, will do, but i will keep yours on mid too.

Here some studies and suggestions of Rockets on back. The back part is still under construction, but you can see were it goes...

Ignore overlapping, is just a schematic of possible volumes to define the format.

Will have optional caps at end, for 1 or 2 rockets, different sizes, one atomic and normal, and 2 normals.

16967152506_153f345caf_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.