OMICRON - Flying Space Car Development Thread

Climberfx

That's the way MeCripp!

Yeah, is what i'm doing Gaalidas. You are thinking in the right direction, :)

At some point i may do an option for 3 ions (a little bit bigger then the stock ones).

Here some more polished variations.

Doing the variable plato to put the rockets in desired elevation.

Still deciding how to close it...

16376413473_c66f9eedd8_o.jpg

16809042450_80126a233c_o.jpg

16971234096_71bcb421e9_o.jpg

16377102163_964ef4db3b_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

You'll want to leave a little room in case the engine has some gimbal action, but having the end close in around the nozzle really cleans things up a ton. I like to use procedural fairings on my rockets to encapsulate most of the engines on my rockets, leaving just enough room for the nozzle and some gimbal room.

I am so going to make a Realism Overhaul config for this, it's just too good to pass up. Small request: Please make those engine covers animated so we can "open the hood". Alternatively, make them separate.

Fantastic work!

Guilds, this last pic show the room needed. But i will only now for sure when in game.

The camera angle don't show it right...

I like they encapsulated too.

;)

Regex, i'm on it right now. Helping Kerbals to fix the engines, or at least watch it closely inside.

For the Realism config. I am glad!

:)

Edited by Climberfx

No Way! But you will be able to put that in the flag tip on the two sides, in your game ;). (but you can still suggest)

Omicron have his own emblem on front, the Big "O"

New pics. Working on a second hood that will open entirely. This one is made to accommodate aerobrakes.

16983999646_9182015e7f_o.jpg

16822230698_24e8bafb3e_o.jpg

16823767399_ee394c8414_o.jpg

16389857843_cbaa5b2ac4_o.jpg

16983998816_477806186d_o.jpg

16983998456_14d99ee16e_o.jpg

16983998856_dacc31c392_o.jpg

update: (wide open hood and a shorter back)

16805998937_85a8a9c371_o.jpg

16827426509_20f21ea106_o.jpg

16391230384_05cc80d905_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

ahuahuahhauhuahua.

I'm trying.

So, i'm finishing the details of solar panel, like the hinges, but here a sneak movie to show it, and to show the plato where you put motors, that are adjustable for each taste.

I hope you enjoy.

Next is aerobrakes, lights, gears and stairs.

Then i jump to UVW and textures and then the export/config for the game itself.

Cheers.

Edited by Climberfx

So, to translate... the final stage of the easy part is done, and soon you get to do the export/import and game configs... which is where the real hellish work begins. I don't think I'm being very encouraging with these words... but it's all I've got. Have fun... maybe....

Hey Galidas. I already made in the past my own config modifications and some parts creating tests, so, will be kind of tricky at first, but i will enjoy it as well. I'm not in a rush and when i get there, will do with the same effort as i am now. So, the fun is implicit. If i have difficulties, that are part of this "work", i can watch other's threads and ask the "community" for help. There are a lot of lovely persons around here. :)

Thank you Pigbear. I love Tesla cars too. For the Space Engineers, i don't have it, so i cannot know if this would work there.

Here some more pics, now with the solar panels.

Going to next part.

Cheers.

17035169192_7feae63751_o.jpg

16850394289_5cca671f35_o.jpg

17035169062_4769220a16_o.jpg

Edited by Climberfx

hey, everyone has their own definition of fun. Some of us aren't happy unless we're suffering. I still think my translation is pretty accurate though... at least, that's the story I'm going to stick to. After all, how could I be wrong when I'm just so awesome? All thanks to my great brain...

...Yeah, maybe I should have stopped after filling my head with hot air the first time.

Oh, by the way... I'm not totally sure he was talking about "space engineers" but rather "space engine."

Either way, I don't think "space engine" has a whole lot to offer in the way of actually flying spacecraft around (at least, not several years back when I looked at it) and "space engineers" is too block-based to ever have anything as smooth as this beauty. No, this is something that will only really work, for the time being, in KSP.

Edited by Gaalidas

But i'm not suffering doing this :(

For sure, if i cold, i would be ratter flying around in it for real, above earth, Amazonia, and going to Moon, Mars... (Without the 6 months of wait)

But that is the limitation i have in this world. No money and technology on the present do to that.

So, i keep fomenting my dreams on virtual 3D world. Is not the best of my life, but will do for know, and maybe in the near future (near please, i can't wait anymore) i will fly something.

Even my skydive i stopped, to expensive, and i'm paying my new apartment. So, here i am.

Hot air in the head? lol. :D

For the Space Engine, that one i didn't knew, is pretty. Just watch the trailer.

I agree, this is only for KSP, at least for now!

Here some more pics, going now for the other parts. Cheers my big brain smarter friend. :)

17038376305_c1512f4c1a_o.jpg

16415944874_fc1b03a0d9_o.jpg

Many thanks BinaryBad. :)

Son enough we will be playing with this beauty. Better if in 1.0 and Unity3d 5. rsrsrsrsrsr

Hey MeCripp. The logo of Bentley is amazing. For now the logo i choose and made is the Capital O stylized. But i will think in it with care, because you ask for.

Coming close to the end, i do a especial treatment on Omicron logo. ;)

Hey MeCripp. The logo of Bentley is amazing. For now the logo i choose and made is the Capital O stylized. But i will think in it with care, because you ask for.

Coming close to the end, i do a especial treatment on Omicron logo. ;)

This was why I suggested adding a flag decal to the nose. I thought it would be cool if everyone could have the logo of their dreams. Anyway, it's obviously up to you and it'll look great if the models are any indication.

A flag decal space on several of the parts (nose, sides, maybe a custom part that would blend in well with the Omicron style to facilitate the flag) with a default texture of the Omicron logo would probably be the best option for a logo with customization possibilities. In the end, you don't really want to impose your own imagery onto the end user without an option to, at the very least, remove it so that they can have a clean format.

Another cool thing you can do is what was done for... ugh... I forgot the name of the mod... -ducks out to check- ah ha, here is is:

Space Tug

That baby has a full semi-transparent decal system integrated with the front window and most of the body. You can, in theory, paste any flag or agency image, or any image included in the right folder that the plugin looks for, on top of the standard craft textures to use for decoration. I have absolutely no clue how it works on the model side, and my C# is rather limited still, but it allows for some crazy customization. At the very least, if we could do this for Omicron, you could easily tint the entire craft to match your (as in the end user) style or mission outcomes.

Maybe you could look into this as an add-on post-release.

That image from the back of the craft with the air-brakes extended makes them look like they have an ultralight semi-transparent quality to them, despite the evidence that they are fully opaque.

Edited by Gaalidas

Ok Regex, Gaalidas and MeCripp, i will think with care about all that. I can have the Omicron logo as a part itself, and the people opt by use it or not, where it fits better.

And this thing of Aset and Tug is pretty cool, but i prefer to release before so we don't need to wait the time i will need to uncover the logic behind it and implement that.

Regex, the thing i was opting in is to make a cooler omicron logo. Your idea was for put a "flag" in that position so anyone can choose what to put there. But because all of you are so kind i will think about and find a way out good for everyone.

Cheers gentleman!

Edit: Now i'm doing the access ramp for the cargo bay. ;)

Edited by Climberfx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.