Oh the Kerbmanity!

blubbermonkeys

So I've been playing KSP since about v.19 and I kind of stopped playing for a while at v.23.5 and I recently got back into it with the beta update; needless to say its amazing. Anyways I also got back into playing with lots of different mods and it has been so frustrating. I remember back then my computer was powerful enough to handle all the big mods like B9 and KWrocketry, Oh how I miss those times...

After about 4 days experimenting with different mods and finally getting ksp to run, this is the aftermath.

X3OkaGt.jpg

Semi serious question is your ground scatter at 100%? I have been running some testes on my end, and even with a few mods I max out the memory, the biggest detail mod I had was EVE and astronomers visual pack. I have my scatter turned down to 80% have not had near as many crashes, although I still get one or two from time to time. My theory is that there is a memory leak somewhere in KSP since the recent update, and I believe it has to do with the new building structures. I could be completely wrong on this but it just seems like too many things going on at the same time.

Semi serious question is your ground scatter at 100%? I have been running some testes on my end, and even with a few mods I max out the memory, the biggest detail mod I had was EVE and astronomers visual pack. I have my scatter turned down to 80% have not had near as many crashes, although I still get one or two from time to time. My theory is that there is a memory leak somewhere in KSP since the recent update, and I believe it has to do with the new building structures. I could be completely wrong on this but it just seems like too many things going on at the same time.

Does seem like I can't have nearly as many mods loaded under the same settings as I did before and those mods have to be much lighter/efficient. And it's not crashes on load it's crashes happining about 1 or 2 vessel switches into play time or on trying to recover the vessel upon landing. So I'm thinking this may be so. I also saw elsewhere on the forums there may be a memory leak in the VAB/SPH tweakable menus that is only cleared when leaving the editor.

Does seem like I can't have nearly as many mods loaded under the same settings as I did before and those mods have to be much lighter/efficient. And it's not crashes on load it's crashes happining about 1 or 2 vessel switches into play time or on trying to recover the vessel upon landing. So I'm thinking this may be so. I also saw elsewhere on the forums there may be a memory leak in the VAB/SPH tweakable menus that is only cleared when leaving the editor.

Well currently I have a career mode that I cannot access the runway when I "launch" a plane from there, and yet on a sandbox save it is fine. I don't crash to desktop however I cannot do anything at all after I hit the launch button, I have to alt tab and close the program. It does not give me a log about what happened or anything. I still need make a save without mods to see if the results are the same as the modded one, but then again I only have a few mods installed. I do need to record this happening and post it in the support forum and see what it could be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.