Is This True?

embaixador

That image was made by a guy who's upset that the experimental Windows 64bit executable is experimental and doesn't understand that games in beta will have issues.

Course, if you also install every addon you can find you'll also have problems ;)

Edited by sal_vager

Nereid (who made final frontier) made a mod called S.A.V.E. that creates a backup in any location you choose (the cloud, for example) and lets you choose the # of backups you keep and the rate at which the game backs up. Although its nearly impossible to kill the Kraken, he caged it.

That image was made by a guy who's upset that the experimental Windows 64bit executable is experimental and doesn't understand that games in beta will have issues.

Course, if you also install every addon you can find you'll also have problems ;)

Sounds like what I usually do :D

No, definitely not true.

Playing Linux 64 bit, i think even earlier releases of KSP were and are far more stable than some other game's final releases, so in my opinion Squad (and of course all the modders !) are really doing a good job.

K.

No, this is false. I've been playing it for two straight weeks and it isn't any more buggy than its ever been. (Which isn't very buggy at all), Unless you're using the 64 bit version, which has been wreckage from it's very beginning. So still, not any more buggy.

I crash the game constantly, but that is more my fault than KSP's as I am normally experimenting with things that no sane rocket builder would ever think of.

When I play the game regularly it works beautifully. Haven't had a game-breaking bug in career mode yet.

• 2 weeks later...

So, your position is that stock, 32 bit KSP is bug free? You're really going to make that argument?

I crash the game constantly, but that is more my fault than KSP's as I am normally experimenting with things that no sane rocket builder would ever think of.

When I play the game regularly it works beautifully. Haven't had a game-breaking bug in career mode yet.

'Sane' and 'Rocket builder' do not go together. It's an oxymoron. On topic, no it is not true. If you mod the crap out of the game, get Linux, otherwise you can't complain. I finally got Linux, and probably won't run KSP on OS X again.

That may be but I kinda of agree and I don't use x64. Claw's bug list keeps growing faster than it shrinks, which isn't a good trend in Beta.

My game has been nearly unplayable. I had to cheat passed the stage 2 launch pad so I could launch rockets on it and I have seen a significant increase in suddenly ragdoll kerbals, old bug but increased effect. I haven't finished a mission yet without a ragdoll since 0.90.

Edited by Alshain

I recently experienced some crashes in the VAB and SPH, but overall KSP runs pretty stable. Overall the development of KSP, how features are added, the continous backward compatibilty and the game performance in unoptimized state is pretty impressive.

There is currently a multi-million dollar space game in development, that impresses with crappy, buggy and almost unplayable tech demos every week... Thats the way how it is not done. Strangely, people are throwing money into that project like there is no tomorrow, while others complain about a working and fun beta KSP game, that only costs a few bucks and has already payed off with years of entertainment. Sometimes i just dont get it.

Actually I got my first visit from the Kraken in 0.90, just yesterday to be precise.

Also, I find myself stuck randomly sometimes after a quickload: I can't quit the game, or return to the space center, or recover a vessel I landed, or doing another quickload, and I'm forced to kill KSP.exe to get out.

Then I load the game again and everything is back to normal.

5 wasted minutes every time.

Note: I'm playing KSP 32 bit, in case you're wondering.

Edited by Janos1986

My game crashes constantly...sometimes as often as every 4th or 5th screen change (switching between vehicles, going in or out of the VAB/SPH, etc.; basically any time the loading screen pops up). It's gotten to the point where I created a folder just for the crash logs in the root KSP directory, just to keep things tidy; otherwise I had to scroll a loooong ways to get to any other folders. It seems I'm getting the out-of-memory error. Using 1/8th res textures helps a little (the game simply won't load if full-res textures are enabled). Tried doing some of the suggested bug fixes, but they either didn't seem to do anything or caused performance issues.

Then again, I am using a fairly old laptop. I'm just happy the game runs at all; most games made after 2010 or 2011 won't.

Old good Windows versions from NT5 branch (e.g. 2000 and XP) are limiting process VA space (roughly speaking, usable memory) to 2 Gigs. For some reasons KSP can use even less (crashes at ~1800 Megs) which is enough for couple minutes of editing big craft in VAB.

In low memory situations crashes are not only problem. Sometimes it shows creepy artifacts (I immediately push Alt+F4 at the first signs of them). Sometimes it breaks craft file or persistent save.

Well, when KSP runs on NT6 most problems vanish. But wasteful manner of "modern" programming is not a reason for switching to NT6 completely (for me at least).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.