WIP: Muscle Car Parts Mod

UnstableOrbit

Yes, Cpt. Kipard. The thing about it is that the wheels aren't fixed onto the body. You can place trusses underneath and attach the wheels to those, and adjust the trusses to have the clearance as high as you want. You could even make a giant monster-muscle car.

UPDATE: Finally managed to stumble through coding a plugin for the Muscle Cars mod that would let you paint any part however you wanted. Here are the results of testing this deformed, basic, and miraculously functional piece of "coding."

Javascript is disabled. View full album

To-do: engine pieces, texturing, try to make plugin handle more than just a single color, as well as engine tweakables. Also, more body styles, and fixing an odd bug with the wheels.

Modelling work on GSX is finished. Example shown is a Red-white paintjob with black trim. Any of the colors can be changed via rightclick menu.

Tn1aXpE.png

Such as changing that paint scheme into a nice yellow/black one:

d6pe00f.png

Edited by UnstableOrbit

great progress,

I really like the chassis and color selection. It's look like a perfect stunts muscle car:)

What would make using this car for me easier is:

- a chassis so you could easily start your build and attach wheels to something, it doesn't need to be fancy since we won't see it

- attachment points for everything since surface attaching everything manually is a little bit a pain

Oh, this looks like it'll be fun! I remember those multiwheels well. I used to love skidding around the KSC with them, just because they were the perfect type of wheel for the job. More likely to slide than to simply tip the whole rover.

Thanks! Besides, you actually can use these as utility vehicles(though the thought of a beautiful muscle car hauling 2x4s makes me cringe a bit). The trunk acts as a cargo bay(look at first post), and as you can see by the collision mesh, you can stick anything you want inside the cabin. You could have science experiments, passenger seats, spare parts, etc.

A Chevy El Camino style pickup truck bed would be a nice addition, to carry bigger loads.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.