WIP: Muscle Car Parts Mod

UnstableOrbit

@Azoix: Nice! Glad to see you like the mod enough to show it off, and thanks for the review! I may end up linking to it in the release thread.

Another update! This time we have the 70% finished model of my 1969 Dodge Charger analogue, the "1969 Swerve Sprinter." And yes.... it can be painted to resemble the famous "General Lee" from the Dukes of Hazzard. After the pieces for this car are added to the mod, you can all look forward to inline garages(and possibly a spaceplane garage that functions like an elevator and drops the car down) to transport your muscle rovers to new worlds, as well as parts to make the W-12 Rawror function in oxygen-less environments!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by UnstableOrbit

y'know... just as I said in the B9 procedural wing re-do thread, your approach to recoloring the parts is rather interesting. KerbPaint currently has issues with .90 (it doesn't work, that's the issue) and I've been looking around for possible solutions. Might be something to think about if you ever want to expand on your recoloring system.

y'know... just as I said in the B9 procedural wing re-do thread, your approach to recoloring the parts is rather interesting. KerbPaint currently has issues with .90 (it doesn't work, that's the issue) and I've been looking around for possible solutions. Might be something to think about if you ever want to expand on your recoloring system.

I thought about it, but I don't believe my methods would be compatible with other parts. You see, my plugin does not change the color of the part texture. Instead, it completely THROWS OUT the textures that came with the part(which are only included because Unity whines about "BOO HOO NO TEXTURES" if you don't have any), and then forces Unity to create a new texture on the fly to replace it with. The created texture only works with single colors as of now, and doesn't support details. I may try making it more advanced in the future, though, and if I succeed, I may then look into a successor to Kerbpaint.

I thought about it, but I don't believe my methods would be compatible with other parts. You see, my plugin does not change the color of the part texture. Instead, it completely THROWS OUT the textures that came with the part(which are only included because Unity whines about "BOO HOO NO TEXTURES" if you don't have any), and then forces Unity to create a new texture on the fly to replace it with. The created texture only works with single colors as of now, and doesn't support details. I may try making it more advanced in the future, though, and if I succeed, I may then look into a successor to Kerbpaint.

that's the detail I totally missed when diving through the code. Oh well, it's still a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. I really liked the ease at which a new color is picked in your mod, but I love the flexibility of options in the B9-procedural-wings mod... I'm torn between the two, and neither of them do what KerbPaint used to do. What's more is that i am now getting messages from people who recognize my name from my various informational posts on the subject, but I can do nothing to help them. Oh well. I guess that's the price I pay for being too smart to shrug and walk away, but too inexperienced to actually back up my speech skills.

- - - Updated - - -

It had to happen sometime.....

http://imgur.com/a/7ADOP

First two pieces of the 1969 Dodge Charger analogue('69 Swerve Sprinter) undergoing testing in General Lee livery. It only looks like one piece, but it is actually two because the roof on the Sprinter is optional.

The rear part looks like it's not quite fitting right... otherwise looks awesome.

Update: testing all major pieces of Swerve Sprinter(69 Charger analogue). Check out the swanky hidden headlights that rotate out when in use!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Only missing pieces are the doors, hood, and trunk lid. Shown: front end, chassis, roof, and rear. Note that this vehicle has a better air intake and less drag, but comes at the price of less-than-optimal storage space.

Edit: you don't have to have the General Lee details, either. I just like how it looks while I am testing it.

Edited by UnstableOrbit

• 2 weeks later...
Version 1.1 now released, adds a 1969 Swerve Sprinter(69 Charger analogue) with optional General Lee livery!

If you want to use your engine/transmission/wheels with ICE let me know. Should be pretty cool.

As for me... I'm gonna see what I can jam into those wheel wells and engine bay ;)

If you want to use your engine/transmission/wheels with ICE let me know. Should be pretty cool.

As for me... I'm gonna see what I can jam into those wheel wells and engine bay ;)

Have fun! And some people on the IRC did point out that I might want to look into ICE for the mod, so yeah, I will look into ICE. It's just one of those "I'll get to it eventually" things that are the bane of my existence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hey mister Orbit, what do think of my custom Sprinter? She is build for the Wasteland and she's Valhalla ready!

http://imgur.com/a/ZQomr

Without your parts this beauty wouldn't have been possible. So thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Holy crap, that is awesome! I'm surprised people still use this... I will have to try and get back to it at some point if I can.

Holy crap, that is awesome! I'm surprised people still use this... I will have to try and get back to it at some point if I can.

Well for now i'm working on a Monster truck with the KSX body. But when that is done i might indeed need new parts, so get to work!

Sorry, I've been on a bit of a hiatus because of life, I will try to get back to this shortly.

But in all seriousness, first take care of whatever business it is you must fix in Life. Whatever it is it's probably more important than my need for new parts.:cool:

Well for now i'm working on a Monster truck with the KSX body. But when that is done i might indeed need new parts, so get to work!

But in all seriousness, first take care of whatever business it is you must fix in Life. Whatever it is it's probably more important than my need for new parts.:cool:

College, severe financial problems, a new game, a mod for another game, and sporadic depression. It might be awhile before I can muster the motivation and the ability to work on this.

• 2 weeks later...
College, severe financial problems, a new game, a mod for another game, and sporadic depression. It might be awhile before I can muster the motivation and the ability to work on this.

That all sounds waaaay more important than this mod indeed.:( And i feel you on the severe financial problems and sporadic depression part, cause i myself am in that place right now. Take care man.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 7-8-2015 at 4:24 PM, UnstableOrbit said:

Pleeeeeeease make more cars, I love your mod, need MORE ! &)

sBsxvJB.png

QpHzETP.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.