[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

4 hours ago, ZTeeVeR said:

mmm, i did actually select all settings. for some reason it is nog taking the experiments and stores them. also, the resetting does not seem to work. I will try again later this week, perhaps it is me..

Turning on the "Debug" option ,restarting the game followed by a normal launch and exit should give us plenty of logs to see what is going wrong. To reset you will need a scientist on board.

11 minutes ago, TaiGambol said:

This might be a stupid question, but is there any way to have ASS run/reset all experiments, not just the ones that haven't been checked off yet? I'm making a station and I want to make it easier to feed data into it for research, I've got a mod that'll let me just do 'perform all science' if I want, but it won't reset everything like ASS does, and clambering out to reset everything every biome seems tedious.

ASS will reset any experiment that is currently unusable. Including experiments that have been run manually. So you could just turn ASS on and use it as a way to reset experiments.

There is a feature planned for an option to have at least one copy of every experiment on board.

10 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

ASS will reset any experiment that is currently unusable. Including experiments that have been run manually. So you could just turn ASS on and use it as a way to reset experiments.

There is a feature planned for an option to have at least one copy of every experiment on board.

Oh, that's fantastic, thanks for responding!

I just installed ASS 1.2.1 on top of KSP build 1569 and I'm seeing a white square in my toolbar (pic below). When I click on the white box the pink KerboKatz toolbar pops up, so I know it's tied to ASS. Is this being seen by others?

UPDATE: once I loaded into the VAB the white square got replaced with the ASS test tube icon. I then backed out of the VAB back to KSC and the test tube symbol is showing up correctly. Now it's showing up in all screens, even in the main Start menu where I choose which save to load.

Another update: might be related to this post: 

GnCm2gI.png

Edited by tjt

On 10/4/2016 at 6:39 PM, SpaceTiger said:

Turning on the "Debug" option ,restarting the game followed by a normal launch and exit should give us plenty of logs to see what is going wrong. To reset you will need a scientist on board

I think i found it, every time you launch a vehicle yo uneed to manually set the store science setting. (ie to command pod), that way it works...i cannot believe i missed something that obvious...

On 06/10/2016 at 0:32 AM, tjt said:

I just installed ASS 1.2.1 on top of KSP build 1569 and I'm seeing a white square in my toolbar (pic below). When I click on the white box the pink KerboKatz toolbar pops up, so I know it's tied to ASS. Is this being seen by others?

UPDATE: once I loaded into the VAB the white square got replaced with the ASS test tube icon. I then backed out of the VAB back to KSC and the test tube symbol is showing up correctly. Now it's showing up in all screens, even in the main Start menu where I choose which save to load.

GnCm2gI.png

Yes, can confirm the same with 1.2.1 installed via CKAN

On 6.10.2016 at 1:32 AM, tjt said:

We just created a workaround for this issue. Just download the latest KerboKatzUtilities!

8 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

We just created a workaround for this issue. Just download the latest KerboKatzUtilities!

Just tested and looks like it's fixed. Thanks and have a great weekend :) 

Seems to be broken for official 1.2 release.

The toolbar works, other utilities work, the icon shows up but right or left clicking it does nothing. KER only other mod installed on first attempt to use.

Edit: sorry, forgot to add it seems to partially work. A menu will appear if clicking the icon in the KSC view. Menu for purchasing/converting science?

Edited by Muskrat

17 hours ago, Muskrat said:

Seems to be broken for official 1.2 release.

The toolbar works, other utilities work, the icon shows up but right or left clicking it does nothing. KER only other mod installed on first attempt to use.

I just tested this with 1.2 and had no issues and it was working just fine.

Log files would be helpful!

17 hours ago, Muskrat said:

Edit: sorry, forgot to add it seems to partially work. A menu will appear if clicking the icon in the KSC view. Menu for purchasing/converting science?

That is from the KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - KerbalScienceExchange mod.

Oh. I installed your utilities to see if they worked, must have added that one and thought it was part of the ASS mod. I'll fool with it again this evening, and post a log if it's not working.

Edit: Just in case I pulled the latest file from your website (this is also where I originally got it). Seems to be working now. Not sure what was going on exactly. Also installed the latest MM, not sure if that impacts this mod though.

Edited by Muskrat

ASS runs 3 Surface Sample experiments every time I have a Kerbal EVA. There's a momentary delay before the 2 and 3rd experiment results come up. As soon as the Kerbal EVAs ASS runs an EVA report and the first Surface Sample. A moment later, 2 more instances of the Surface Sample are run. This occurs in all Biomes I've checked including the very first EVA I do on a new game on the launch pad.

Are others seeing this?

On 12.10.2016 at 10:07 PM, TheNerdMobile said:

Dont know if anyone else is having this issue, but ASS seems to be unable to reset materials bay for me, i have to reset with a scientist from eva every time that ASS triggers it, didnt test with the mystery goo yet

I just tested this with the newest version from curse and don't have this issue at all. Could you upload a log file with the debug option on ?

20 hours ago, tjt said:

ASS runs 3 Surface Sample experiments every time I have a Kerbal EVA. There's a momentary delay before the 2 and 3rd experiment results come up. As soon as the Kerbal EVAs ASS runs an EVA report and the first Surface Sample. A moment later, 2 more instances of the Surface Sample are run. This occurs in all Biomes I've checked including the very first EVA I do on a new game on the launch pad.

Are others seeing this?

Not having this either. Could you upload a log file with the debug option on ? This would help identify what is happening in those situations.

1 hour ago, SpaceTiger said:

I just tested this with the newest version from curse and don't have this issue at all. Could you upload a log file with the debug option on ?

Ok, sorry i'm new to this, so help me out here, how can i save the log? you want me to open the game, load my save, launch anything with the mat bay, turn debug on in the ASS menu, run mat bay, and save everything that is printed in the console? is that correct?

2 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

Not having this either. Could you upload a log file with the debug option on ? This would help identify what is happening in those situations.

Here's a dropbox link including my KSP.log, some screen shots showing multiple Surface Samples and my save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xbxulj4epetqusv/AADR3rgrdqJeNJSAQYCUWzGea?dl=0

To reproduce I just launch a Mk1 capsule and on the launch pad I EVA the pilot. Once he's on EVA ASS immediately grabs one copy of EVA report and 2 copies of Surface Sample. As a side note, this wasn't new for me with 1.2. It's been happening for a while under 1.1.3 as well.

Edited by tjt

On 10/12/2016 at 4:07 PM, TheNerdMobile said:

Dont know if anyone else is having this issue, but ASS seems to be unable to reset materials bay for me, i have to reset with a scientist from eva every time that ASS triggers it, didnt test with the mystery goo yet

Check that you have "Reset experiments clicked" and also check they you have "discard duplicate experiments".

I've noticed it seems to re-run experiments multiple times even if you can't store it. Especially after boarding from an EVA.

1 hour ago, TheNerdMobile said:

Ok, sorry i'm new to this, so help me out here, how can i save the log? you want me to open the game, load my save, launch anything with the mat bay, turn debug on in the ASS menu, run mat bay, and save everything that is printed in the console? is that correct?

Turning on the "Debug" option in the ASS menu followed by a restart. Re-run the exact same steps as before and note down all necessary steps. Close KSP and upload the output_log file that is found in the "KSP_Data" for 32 bit or "KSP_x64_Data" for 64 bit directory of your KSP installation.

36 minutes ago, tjt said:

Here's a dropbox link including my KSP.log, some screen shots showing multiple Surface Samples and my save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xbxulj4epetqusv/AADR3rgrdqJeNJSAQYCUWzGea?dl=0

To reproduce I just launch a Mk1 capsule and on the launch pad I EVA the pilot. Once he's on EVA ASS immediately grabs one copy of EVA report and 2 copies of Surface Sample. As a side note, this wasn't new for me with 1.2. It's been happening for a while under 1.1.3 as well.

Could i get your ASS settings as well ? Can be found under "\GameData\KerboKatz\AutomatedScienceSampler\PluginData".

Turning on the "Debug" option in the ASS menu followed by a restart. Re-run the exact same steps as before and note down all necessary steps. Close KSP and upload the output_log file that is found in the "KSP_Data" for 32 bit or "KSP_x64_Data" for 64 bit directory of your KSP installation.

Ok, i'll do that and post the log.

54 minutes ago, Muskrat said:

Check that you have "Reset experiments clicked" and also check they you have "discard duplicate experiments".

I've noticed it seems to re-run experiments multiple times even if you can't store it. Especially after boarding from an EVA.

Yes, i do have both checked, thanks anyway

Edited by TheNerdMobile
have to rerun the game to post the log

6 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

here is my output log

https://www.sendspace.com/file/g0zi0k

i just loaded a craft with mat bay e mystery goo, the mystery goo experiment went off and thats it, no reset at all (i had a scientist onboard)

10 hours ago, TheNerdMobile said:

here is my output log

i just loaded a craft with mat bay e mystery goo, the mystery goo experiment went off and thats it, no reset at all (i had a scientist onboard)

I think i have figured it out. Please try the pre-release version on GitHub or the beta version on curse (they are both the same).

10 hours ago, TheNerdMobile said:

here is my output log

According to the logs you didn't have a scientist on board. Could i get a quick-save with this exact situation?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, new problem.

Still on my 1.1.2 career, ASS v1.1.3, KK Utilities v1.3.8.

I turned ASS off a while back (I had a good reason at the time, I just can't remember what it was), and now I can neither turn it back on nor bring up the settings window.

Any ideas short of just reinstalling the mod?

on 1.2 64 bit. Using Dmagic's RoverGoo and MaterialsBay, letting the auto sampler reset the experiment locks it.
Can get it truly reset by changing in the save file under the DMRoverGooMat module in each part:

ExperimentNumber = 2
experimentsReturned = 2

from 2 to 0 then it works as expected. Looks like there may need to be a special check in the reset module to reset those values.

On 15.10.2016 at 11:21 AM, million_lights said:

hey @SpaceTigero/

I love your mod but is there a way to hide the grouped kerbokatz toolbar icon and have a dedicated toolbar icon for the science sampler?

Could probably include a switch for that in the coming versions.

11 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

Okay, new problem.

Still on my 1.1.2 career, ASS v1.1.3, KK Utilities v1.3.8.

I turned ASS off a while back (I had a good reason at the time, I just can't remember what it was), and now I can neither turn it back on nor bring up the settings window.

Any ideas short of just reinstalling the mod?

Does it show anything in the logs?

6 hours ago, helaeon said:

on 1.2 64 bit. Using Dmagic's RoverGoo and MaterialsBay, letting the auto sampler reset the experiment locks it.
Can get it truly reset by changing in the save file under the DMRoverGooMat module in each part:

ExperimentNumber = 2
experimentsReturned = 2

from 2 to 0 then it works as expected. Looks like there may need to be a special check in the reset module to reset those values.

Probably just needs a recompile for the DMagic Orbital Science mod. I'll do it in the coming days.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.