[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

I'm having trouble using this mod, the button on the toolbar is almost never there. Only seen it a couple times and it doesn't seem to auto collect anything. Can it send more than one copy to more than 1 pod? like it would trigger it to collect again for a second pod sort of thing. Also is it possible to have it auto collect and send the data back home till it is worthless then keep one copy in the pod? Or even just to be able to base the sci threshold on sending sci for use on probes and just to get some sci as you go in case bad things happen and that pod is never going home lol. 

8 hours ago, Elmotrix said:

a question/ request:

make this compatible with Station Science. This mod includes 6 orbital experiments thats intended to need large stations and hundred of days in orbit with several active scientists to complete. Will this do them instantly trough code magic (like For Science! did on my station) or will this mod let those keep running as long as they need?

Just try it out and report back :). I'll check it out as well but i have no idea what that mod does.

Edit: Just tested it and it get magically created. I'll see what it does internally.

Edit 2: It doesn't seem to add much extra code. Adding compatibility should quite quick.

8 hours ago, Sarxis said:

Is there an explanation for all of the settings?  I think I know what each does, though not exactly what 'Threshold' does.

Great mod!  Streamlining for veterans.

There should be tooltips. Just hoover over the setting that you want more information on.

4 hours ago, PortableGoogle said:

I'm having trouble using this mod, the button on the toolbar is almost never there. Only seen it a couple times and it doesn't seem to auto collect anything. Can it send more than one copy to more than 1 pod? like it would trigger it to collect again for a second pod sort of thing. Also is it possible to have it auto collect and send the data back home till it is worthless then keep one copy in the pod? Or even just to be able to base the sci threshold on sending sci for use on probes and just to get some sci as you go in case bad things happen and that pod is never going home lol. 

Can you upload some logs please ? Also is there a green cat on your toolbar, like the one in my profile picture ?

Stock containers can't keep copies of experiments and this mod does nothing to change this. Sending it to multiple is possible but would require a bit more user interaction: Turning off dump duplicates and switching the target science container should do the trick.

Sending results back home is something we are looking into.

Edited by SpaceTiger

3 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

Just try it out and report back :). I'll check it out as well but i have no idea what that mod does.

Edit: Just tested it and it get magically created. I'll see what it does internally.

Edit 2: It doesn't seem to add much extra code. Adding compatibility should quite quick.

Awesome. i actually looked into it. something in the lines of "if (Experiment.experimentActionName == "Finalize Results")" then exit without action will avoid these (and only these) experiments. Its a bit easy and dirty but it works.

but on another sidenote. i did some mun flying around earlier, both with this mod and For Science! and neither would automatically preform the Dmagic expermients (x-ray, orbital telescope etc) it did stock and Surface Experiments though. I have tried digging into codes to find out. Might just be my client, but i noticed Dmagic reacently had an API change regarding mod compatability. 

I'll get you a log tomorrow.

50 minutes ago, Elmotrix said:

Awesome. i actually looked into it. something in the lines of "if (Experiment.experimentActionName == "Finalize Results")" then exit without action will avoid these (and only these) experiments. Its a bit easy and dirty but it works.

but on another sidenote. i did some mun flying around earlier, both with this mod and For Science! and neither would automatically preform the Dmagic expermients (x-ray, orbital telescope etc) it did stock and Surface Experiments though. I have tried digging into codes to find out. Might just be my client, but i noticed Dmagic reacently had an API change regarding mod compatability. 

I'll get you a log tomorrow.

I did something different. All the logic still applies to station science experiments but they aren't started auto-magically. But they are collected once ready.

I'll wrap this up an release the new version soon.

We are already using the DMagic api, since it got released. Log would be helpful in this case :).

Edit: @Elmotrix I just pushed out a new update that should fix the incompatibility between ASS and station science.

Edited by SpaceTiger

1.1.3 caused the game to completely crash on load for me. Once I removed the mod it was fine.

EDIT: Actually it's fine, I was opening the 32bit version instead of 64bit and I have a lot of mods on.

Edited by Divstar

24 minutes ago, Net-burst said:

Icon animation is working for everyone? I tried full stock install, but icon also lost its animation there. Because of this there is no way to tell whether ASS is activated.

Here's my log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5836960/KSP.log

Can you open the settings menu ? If so please turn on the debug option and attache another log.

12 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

Can you open the settings menu ? If so please turn on the debug option and attache another log.

Done. New file at same link. I enabled/disabled ASS during short flight just in case. Just in case, this is fresh vanilla install from steam.

Edited by Net-burst

1 minute ago, Net-burst said:

Done. New file at same link.

It seems to be working fine. But the icon isn't animated ?

I think i know why this is an issue! I'll release a new version of the KerboKatzUtilities in like 10 minutes that should fix this issue.

1 minute ago, SpaceTiger said:

It seems to be working fine. But the icon isn't animated ?

I think i know why this is an issue! I'll release a new version of the KerboKatzUtilities in like 10 minutes that should fix this issue.

Thanks :) . Looks like I'm very lucky when it comes to esoteric bugs. Last time I found bug in ModuleManager, that was triggered because of bug in KSP graphics engine and left MM cache inconsistent :) . That time only several people on forums experienced it and it took a bit of time to find out wtf is happening.

1 minute ago, Net-burst said:

Thanks :) . Looks like I'm very lucky when it comes to esoteric bugs. Last time I found bug in ModuleManager, that was triggered because of bug in KSP graphics engine and left MM cache inconsistent :) . That time only several people on forums experienced it and it took a bit of time to find out wtf is happening.

I just pushed the release . Please download the KerboKatzUtilities separately and overwrite any files in your installation. This simply slipped through our testing. We usually test with all our mods and never just one single mod.

Thanks for reporting this issue to us!

12 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

I did something different. All the logic still applies to station science experiments but they aren't started auto-magically. But they are collected once ready.

I'll wrap this up an release the new version soon.

We are already using the DMagic api, since it got released. Log would be helpful in this case :).

Edit: @Elmotrix I just pushed out a new update that should fix the incompatibility between ASS and station science.

thanks for that. i need to change my comment, dmagic (and stock) works fine, but Surface Experminets does not. Debug kept spamming this for all parts, over and over, with apparently no end

Spoiler

[LOG 22:16:35.403] [AutomatedScienceSampler] SEP_MagnetScan: Experiment is deployed
[LOG 22:16:35.404] [AutomatedScienceSampler] Experiment checked in: 3.8303
[LOG 22:16:35.404] [AutomatedScienceSampler] Activator for DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric.DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric not found! Using default!

the entire log file is 5mb. if you want it i'll have to make a dropbox account or something :P

Edited by Elmotrix

Hello

KSP 1.1.2 build id = 01260 x64
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

AutomatedScienceSampler v1.1.3.0 zip pack take from https://github.com/KerboKatz
KerboKatzUtilities v1.3.0.0 / v1.3.7 zip pack take from https://github.com/KerboKatz & overwrite file from ASS 1.1.3
Remotech build-develop-528

A satelite what have part from:

UniversalStorage 1.1.0.12
Dmagic SCANsat v1.6.0.1 / vv16.1, DMagicOrbitalScience v1.1.0.0, DMagic v1.2.0.4 / vv1.2.4
VenStockRevamp 1.9.2

Up in orbit 550 in moment when AutomatedScienceSampler triger a experiment EXC kick in

Spoiler

[EXC 00:31:09.915] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ScienceSubject..ctor (.ScienceExperiment exp, ExperimentSituations sit, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperimentSubject (.ScienceExperiment experiment, ExperimentSituations situation, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome)
    KerboKatz.ASS.Activator.GetScienceSubject (.ModuleScienceExperiment baseExperiment)
    KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.Update ()
[EXC 00:31:10.894] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ScienceSubject..ctor (.ScienceExperiment exp, ExperimentSituations sit, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome)
    ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperimentSubject (.ScienceExperiment experiment, ExperimentSituations situation, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome)
    KerboKatz.ASS.Activator.GetScienceSubject (.ModuleScienceExperiment baseExperiment)

Logs, save, craftfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3NTcycFZ6U3NSSjA/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

9 hours ago, Elmotrix said:

thanks for that. i need to change my comment, dmagic (and stock) works fine, but Surface Experminets does not. Debug kept spamming this for all parts, over and over, with apparently no end

Reveal hidden contents

the entire log file is 5mb. if you want it i'll have to make a dropbox account or something :P

I see whats happening here. No need for the log. I should have something ready in a few hours. Have to wait for an update from @DMagic for a few more API calls in his DMagicScienceAnimateGeneric.

He is awesome and I'm sure it will be done soon.

8 hours ago, Blacks said:

Hello

KSP 1.1.2 build id = 01260 x64
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

AutomatedScienceSampler v1.1.3.0 zip pack take from https://github.com/KerboKatz
KerboKatzUtilities v1.3.0.0 / v1.3.7 zip pack take from https://github.com/KerboKatz & overwrite file from ASS 1.1.3
Remotech build-develop-528

Dmagic SCANsat v1.6.0.1 / vv16.1, DMagicOrbitalScience v1.1.0.0, DMagic v1.2.0.4 / vv1.2.4
VenStockRevamp 1.9.2

Up in orbit 550 in moment when AutomatedScienceSampler triger a experiment EXC kick in

Reveal hidden contents

[EXC 00:31:09.915] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 00:31:10.894] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Logs, save, craftfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3NTcycFZ6U3NSSjA/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

I'm not able to load your craft since it is using other mod parts as well. Can you try to recreate this issue with the smallest amount of mods ?

4 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

I'm not able to load your craft since it is using other mod parts as well. Can you try to recreate this issue with the smallest amount of mods ?

Craft what was set in zip was this:

https://kerbalx.com/Blacksu/SAT0

sT5BxFu.png

I reduce mod to this mod pack is light inaff for you = smallest amount of mods ???, if not tell what do you want to remove, EXC is there & it kick in on simple load craft on LaunchPad

Spoiler

ModuleManager.2.6.24 v2.6.24.0
FilterExtensions v1.0.0.0
AmbientLightAdjustment v2.5.6.4
B9PartSwitch v1.1.4.0
DMagic v1.2.0.4 / vv1.2.4
Firespitter v7.1.5964.19707 (it is 7.2.3)
HyperEdit v1.5.0.0
InterstellarFuelSwitch v1.30.0.0 / v1.30.0
KerbalEngineer v1.1.1.0
KerboKatz.UI v1.0.0.0
KerboKatzUtilities v1.3.0.0 / v1.3.7.0
AutomatedScienceSampler v1.1.3.0
DMagicOrbitalScience v1.1.0.0
StationScience v1.1.3.0
DestroyAll v1.4.1.0
FPSLimiter v1.4.1.0
FPSViewer v1.4.2.0
PhysicalTimeRatioViewer v1.4.2.0
RecoverAll v1.4.1.0
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.1
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / vDev #583 Sarbian / v2.5.7.0
NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0
NearFutureSolar v0.4.0.0
RemoteTech v1.6.0.0 / v1.6.9
SCANsat v1.6.0.1 / vv16.1
SCANmechjeb v1.6.0.1 / vv16.1
StationScience v1.6.0.0
TextureReplacer v2.4.13.34255
TweakScale v2.2.10.0
AdvancedAnimator v1.0.5205.2310 / v1.1.0.0
WasdEditorCamera v1.0.5969.17303
WaypointManager v1.0.0.0 / v2.5.1
[x] Science! v4.17.5967.29143
VenStockRevamp 1.9.2

& a very important thing when you was try to load craft you was try to load together save file what i set in zip file ?!?!? because no mater you will have all mod set together in Carrier mod you need to unlock some specific tree what they are unlock in save file.

1 hour ago, Blacks said:

Craft what was set in zip was this:

https://kerbalx.com/Blacksu/SAT0

sT5BxFu.png

I reduce mod to this mod pack is light inaff for you = smallest amount of mods ???, if not tell what do you want to remove, EXC is there & it kick in on simple load craft on LaunchPad

Reveal hidden contents

FilterExtensions v1.0.0.0
AmbientLightAdjustment v2.5.6.4
B9PartSwitch v1.1.4.0
DMagic v1.2.0.4 / vv1.2.4
Firespitter v7.1.5964.19707 (it is 7.2.3)
HyperEdit v1.5.0.0
InterstellarFuelSwitch v1.30.0.0 / v1.30.0
KerbalEngineer v1.1.1.0
KerboKatz.UI v1.0.0.0
KerboKatzUtilities v1.3.0.0 / v1.3.7.0
AutomatedScienceSampler v1.1.3.0
DMagicOrbitalScience v1.1.0.0
StationScience v1.1.3.0
DestroyAll v1.4.1.0
FPSLimiter v1.4.1.0
FPSViewer v1.4.2.0
PhysicalTimeRatioViewer v1.4.2.0
RecoverAll v1.4.1.0
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.1
MechJeb2 v2.5.1.0 / vDev #583 Sarbian / v2.5.7.0
NearFutureElectrical v1.0.0.0
NearFutureSolar v0.4.0.0
RemoteTech v1.6.0.0 / v1.6.9
SCANmechjeb v1.6.0.1 / vv16.1
StationScience v1.6.0.0
TextureReplacer v2.4.13.34255
TweakScale v2.2.10.0
AdvancedAnimator v1.0.5205.2310 / v1.1.0.0
WasdEditorCamera v1.0.5969.17303
WaypointManager v1.0.0.0 / v2.5.1
[x] Science! v4.17.5967.29143
VenStockRevamp 1.9.2

& a very important thing when you was try to load craft you was try to load together save file what i set in zip file ?!?!? because no mater you will have all mod set together in Carrier mod you need to unlock some specific tree what they are unlock in save file.

What's with the insane amount of power???

@Blacks

You said following:

15 hours ago, Blacks said:

VenStockRevamp 1.9.2

But the craft file uses(quoted from here):

Spoiler
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • KW Rocketry
  • MechJeb 2
  • Near Future Electrical
  • Near Future Solar
  • RemoteTech
  • TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
  • Universal Storage

That is quite a few more mods than you listed as well as different ones!

I loaded it up in the save file you gave me and in a sandbox save. Both times the craft can't be loaded or gets deleted!

Now what i wanted you to do is following: Strip the satellite from unneeded parts, remove all the mods except the ones that are absolutely needed to reproduce the exception.

This will allow me to reproduce this error without having to get all the mods you have.

8 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

@Blacks

You said following:

But the craft file uses(quoted from here):

Reveal hidden contents
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • KW Rocketry
  • MechJeb 2
  • Near Future Electrical
  • Near Future Solar
  • RemoteTech
  • TweakScale - Rescale Everything!
  • Universal Storage

That is quite a few more mods than you listed as well as different ones!

I loaded it up in the save file you gave me and in a sandbox save. Both times the craft can't be loaded or gets deleted!

Now what i wanted you to do is following: Strip the satellite from unneeded parts, remove all the mods except the ones that are absolutely needed to reproduce the exception.

This will allow me to reproduce this error without having to get all the mods you have.

Yes it was my bad i was not post list with all mod what was use in first post & set craft on kerbalx, that i was make second post with more detail, mea culpa, & that's way i ask you what you want to remove from there.

kerbalx.com do not list dependency InterstellarFuelSwitch, B9PartSwitch, Firespitter, or CommunityTechTree, CommunityResourcePack that is a diference between what you see there & actual list what i post special to let you know all what is use (mod list was generate by ksp.log & clean)

That i am do now strip Sat to min mod use to reproduce EXC, but one very important thing do not test in Sandbox because there your mod is not need, because all science thingy it will not mater :wink: aka test need to be done in Carrier, anyway back to striping & narrow issue.

@SpaceTiger Sat Strip done, minimum mod use:

Craft file: SAT3.craft
Carrier Save file: Sat03EXC.sfs (you have in save\TEST01\ all save,craft, setting file for this specific test)
KSP.log it have inside your special debug value what i activate manually 2/3 time from your mod interface
Remotech: RemoteTech_Settings.cfg same like one who is in save\TEST01\
https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases = build-develop-528
logs,save,craft: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3MG56ZXIzVDdpWWs/view?usp=sharing

Folders and files in GameData:

Spoiler

000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions Configs
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
DMagicOrbitalScience
KerboKatz
KSP-AVC
RemoteTech
SCANsat
Stock folder: Squad
UniversalStorage

Mod list generate by KSP & point to exact version use:

Spoiler

FilterExtensions v1.0.0.0 = Filter.Extensions.v2.5.1
DMagic v1.2.0.4 / vv1.2.4 = DMagic_Orbital_Science-1.2.4
KerboKatz.UI v1.0.0.0 = KerboKatz
KerboKatzUtilities v1.3.0.0 / v1.3.7.0 = KerboKatz
AutomatedScienceSampler v1.1.3.0 = KerboKatz
DMagicOrbitalScience v1.1.0.0 = DMagic_Orbital_Science-1.2.4
StationScience v1.1.3.0 = KerboKatz
DestroyAll v1.4.1.0 = KerboKatz
FPSLimiter v1.4.1.0 = KerboKatz
FPSViewer v1.4.2.0 = KerboKatz
PhysicalTimeRatioViewer v1.4.2.0 = KerboKatz
RecoverAll v1.4.1.0 = KerboKatz
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.1
RemoteTech v1.6.0.0 / v1.6.9 = build-develop-528
AdvancedAnimator v1.0.5205.2310 / v1.1.0.0 (UniversalStorage 1.1.0.12)
CommunityResourcePack = CRP_0.5.1.1
CommunityTechTree = Community_Tech_Tree-2.4

Load save => Load SAT3 craft => EXC are triger in few sec (you can spot in Debug window alt+f12)

______

Update: i done test with Remotech build-develop-533 (last release) same thing automated science sampler it triger spam EXC

Cheers

Edited by Blacks

Hi,

Tried out the mod last night.  Works really well in 1.1.2. I'd like to ask some questions on my setup.

I have some science landers that have about 4 of every experiment attached.  when I land in a biome, I usually just take a grouping of experiments and execute them. Then, jump to another biome and execute the second group of experiments.  When I get enough, I sit there and just add to MPL until they are all processed.

How does that work with this mod?  I assume that it will try and randomly use experiments and when it tries to use a second one, it will discard because it's a duplicate.  In my setup, is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Blacks said:

@SpaceTiger Sat Strip done, minimum mod use:

Craft file: SAT3.craft
Carrier Save file: Sat03EXC.sfs (you have in save\TEST01\ all save,craft, setting file for this specific test)
KSP.log it have inside your special debug value what i activate manually 2/3 time from your mod interface
Remotech: RemoteTech_Settings.cfg same like one who is in save\TEST01\
https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases = build-develop-528
logs,save,craft: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9RK2PFOUhe3MG56ZXIzVDdpWWs/view?usp=sharing

Folders and files in GameData:

Reveal hidden contents

000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions Configs
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
DMagicOrbitalScience
KerboKatz
KSP-AVC
RemoteTech
SCANsat
Stock folder: Squad
UniversalStorage

Mod list generate by KSP & point to exact version use:

Reveal hidden contents

FilterExtensions v1.0.0.0 = Filter.Extensions.v2.5.1
DMagic v1.2.0.4 / vv1.2.4 = DMagic_Orbital_Science-1.2.4
KerboKatz.UI v1.0.0.0 = KerboKatz
KerboKatzUtilities v1.3.0.0 / v1.3.7.0 = KerboKatz
AutomatedScienceSampler v1.1.3.0 = KerboKatz
DMagicOrbitalScience v1.1.0.0 = DMagic_Orbital_Science-1.2.4
StationScience v1.1.3.0 = KerboKatz
DestroyAll v1.4.1.0 = KerboKatz
FPSLimiter v1.4.1.0 = KerboKatz
FPSViewer v1.4.2.0 = KerboKatz
PhysicalTimeRatioViewer v1.4.2.0 = KerboKatz
RecoverAll v1.4.1.0 = KerboKatz
KSP-AVC v1.1.6.1
RemoteTech v1.6.0.0 / v1.6.9 = build-develop-528
AdvancedAnimator v1.0.5205.2310 / v1.1.0.0 (UniversalStorage 1.1.0.12)
CommunityResourcePack = CRP_0.5.1.1
CommunityTechTree = Community_Tech_Tree-2.4

Load save => Load SAT3 craft => EXC are triger in few sec (you can spot in Debug window alt+f12)

______

Update: i done test with Remotech build-develop-533 (last release) same thing automated science sampler it triger spam EXC

Cheers

Some testing reveals this has nothing to do with RemoteTech or any other mod except DMagic Orbital Science. I'm in touch with @DMagic so this should be fixed fairly quick.

2 hours ago, Gilph said:

Hi,

Tried out the mod last night.  Works really well in 1.1.2. I'd like to ask some questions on my setup.

I have some science landers that have about 4 of every experiment attached.  when I land in a biome, I usually just take a grouping of experiments and execute them. Then, jump to another biome and execute the second group of experiments.  When I get enough, I sit there and just add to MPL until they are all processed.

How does that work with this mod?  I assume that it will try and randomly use experiments and when it tries to use a second one, it will discard because it's a duplicate.  In my setup, is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

I didn't get to play much in a while so I don't exactly know the logic of the MPL or what it does with the science. This mod only run experiments that you can yield science with when you return them. So if you did recover the science and its worth less than threshold it wont run the experiments again.

There is a feature planned to run each experiment once to use it in the MPL.

On 4.5.2016 at 11:20 PM, Sarxis said:

Is there an explanation for all of the settings?  I think I know what each does, though not exactly what 'Threshold' does.

Great mod!  Streamlining for veterans.

Sorry i got back to you so late but i completely forgot to respond to this.

Every setting has a tooltip that explains what it does. If something still is unclear after you read those please come back to me and I'll try to clarify it for you. :)

1 minute ago, SpaceTiger said:

Some testing reveals this has nothing to do with RemoteTech or any other mod except DMagic Orbital Science. I'm in touch with @DMagic so this should be fixed fairly quick.

Glad to hear problem was found, if you need anything fell free to yell, pm. After this it will be fix i plan to do a major test: setting a orbital sat network what to use your mod, Dmagic, RT +few other (just few not to many whistle & looking innocent around :) :cool: )  & final test it will be using RSS if all goo fine  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.