[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

On 20/05/2016 at 2:35 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

With the latest version of DMagic, I'm not seeing ASS automatically collect OR transfer DMagic experiments any longer - same for EVA reports. Is this only me?

Same here. No fix yet i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to create this mod.  It makes the collection of science much less tedious, especially on large crafts were locating all the science parts can be challenging while trying to also control the craft.  Looking forward to an update that restores the use with Dmagic's parts.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, gerishnakov said:

The link on page one to download Kerbokatz Utilities appears to link to version 1.2.11, not version 1.3.6 as stated. Anyone know what's going on there?

The 2nd link, to the Utilities in the OP links to his old Github account. You want his new Github account, and the link specifically is this one here for Utilities. Everything can be found from his website.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, SilverlightPony said:

Has anyone else tried using this with the science modules from Universal Storage?  Doesn't seem to be working for me.

I think those are actually the DMagic experiments that he has placed in the US wedges; apparently automatedsciencesampler needs to be re-compiled by the author with the latest DMagic update, it's just not been done yet.

OK, so I've had this fixed locally for some time, as it really is just a case of recompiling one DLL.

I didn't want to release/link anything because I didn't want to step on the OPs toes, however as they haven't gotten around to this for some time now this is a link to the version I'm using in my KSP install right now - Dmagic Science Sampler DLL plugin

Just drop it in \GameData\KerboKatz\AutomatedScienceSampler\Plugins to replace the dll that is there already (backup, just in case...) and you should be good to go.

(No new features, abilities, or whatever, I just took the recent code from GitHub and recompiled it locally as is - should work fine and cause no problems, but this is very much on your own head be it if something does go wrong :) )

37 minutes ago, bobvodka said:

OK, so I've had this fixed locally for some time, as it really is just a case of recompiling one DLL.

I didn't want to release/link anything because I didn't want to step on the OPs toes, however as they haven't gotten around to this for some time now this is a link to the version I'm using in my KSP install right now - Dmagic Science Sampler DLL plugin

Just drop it in \GameData\KerboKatz\AutomatedScienceSampler\Plugins to replace the dll that is there already (backup, just in case...) and you should be good to go.

(No new features, abilities, or whatever, I just took the recent code from GitHub and recompiled it locally as is - should work fine and cause no problems, but this is very much on your own head be it if something does go wrong :) )

:D  Huzzah!

3 hours ago, bobvodka said:

Thanks I tried to recompile the entire project, but gave up trying to figure out what references I needed, and what the missing dlls were.

With the 1.1.3 update and DMagic's update to 1.3.1 the above DLL doesn't work any more... so there is now a new one : Download

I'll leave the old one up for legacy reasons in case people need it :)

I've run a quick test and it seems to work ok, but previous warnings apply - and as before, this is just a stand in for now until a real update appears :)

I've had a problem, possibly related to DMagicOrbSci (1.3.1) with the above recompiled plugin. Unable to recover a ship with a DMagic magentometer. Might apply to other parts, as well, haven't unlocked them yet. Recover screen shows no science and no parts, just crew. On confirm recovery, the screen closes, but the ship remains. I removed the (above postsed) DMagic plugin from KerboKatz, and could recover the ship as normal.

output logs...

Nothing jumps out at me in the logs and I've not seen the problem myself so.... *shrugs* I've literally recompiled the mod to fix the dynamic linking issue and check to see if it works - beyond that any support is down to the mod maker I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, symmeclept said:

I've had a problem, possibly related to DMagicOrbSci (1.3.1) with the above recompiled plugin. Unable to recover a ship with a DMagic magentometer. Might apply to other parts, as well, haven't unlocked them yet. Recover screen shows no science and no parts, just crew. On confirm recovery, the screen closes, but the ship remains. I removed the (above postsed) DMagic plugin from KerboKatz, and could recover the ship as normal.

output logs...

Pretty sure your problem doesn't relate to the posted plugin. You have 41,014 Exceptions alone (which, honestly, I've had worse, but that's not so good), relating to seemingly everything. Try updating your mods, starting with Kopernicus. I realize that's not much help, sorry.

17 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

Pretty sure your problem doesn't relate to the posted plugin. You have 41,014 Exceptions alone (which, honestly, I've had worse, but that's not so good), relating to seemingly everything. Try updating your mods, starting with Kopernicus. I realize that's not much help, sorry.

Wow. How'd I miss those updates? Kopernicus fixed other issues I was having. Thanks for the heads up on that. Unfortunately, the recovery issue remains. NREs are at a minimum now, but in-flight, I get log spam like:

[EXC 19:11:31.533] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'FlightDriver.SetPause'.

No idea where that's coming from, or if it's even related.

Got some fully automated science collection out of this! <G>

Mechjeb + Biomatic + ASS.

Mechjeb was trying to autowarp, biomatic was dropping out of warp upon entering a new biome.  I got the science for every biome I passed over while doing so at near warp speed.  Now to repeat this on the moons...

With DMagic 1.3.2 comes a new DLL to make this work again :)Download

Same as before, provided as is, no support etc - should work ok as I've tested it quickly.

It should also go without saying, but I'll add it anyway, that the mod author won't be supporting this; while SpaceTiger is ok with my doing this until they have time to dedicate to the mod again this is in no way official, just a bit of help to keep things ticking over :)

11 hours ago, bobvodka said:

Same as before, provided as is, no support etc - should work ok as I've tested it quickly.

It should also go without saying, but I'll add it anyway, that the mod author won't be supporting this; while SpaceTiger is ok with my doing this until they have time to dedicate to the mod again this is in no way official, just a bit of help to keep things ticking over :)

Awesome! This works perfectly. Thanks. Not sure what was up with the last one, but everything else got messed up so I reinstalled everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2016 at 0:35 PM, bobvodka said:

Hi, while I do appreciate you doing this, please realize the MODs license is All Rights Reserved and therefore you are in violation of the license when you recompile and re-distribute a new version.  Further more by releasing a DLL you are required to release the source code for it, by KSP rules, even if you made no changes (how do we know you didn't?).

As noted SpaceTiger is ok with this so *shrugs*

As to 'release the source code' - its the source code of the repro on GitHub page for the project... What do you want me to do? Fork it and point people at it? (and, fyi, I really won't be doing that, far far too much bother for something I did initially to fix my copy of the game..)
More to the point how do you expect to know if the dll provided matches the source code provided? Release of source code proves nothing about the binaries after all...
(Not that it would matter because the source is literally the same as the source on SpaceTiger's GitHub account as that is where I cloned it from...)

End of the day if the mods or the author have a problem with this then I invite them to remove the links, its really no skin off my nose, I've got a working game after all... *shrugs*

On 7/10/2016 at 9:36 AM, bobvodka said:

As noted SpaceTiger is ok with this so *shrugs*

As to 'release the source code' - its the source code of the repro on GitHub page for the project... What do you want me to do? Fork it and point people at it? (and, fyi, I really won't be doing that, far far too much bother for something I did initially to fix my copy of the game..)
More to the point how do you expect to know if the dll provided matches the source code provided? Release of source code proves nothing about the binaries after all...
(Not that it would matter because the source is literally the same as the source on SpaceTiger's GitHub account as that is where I cloned it from...)

End of the day if the mods or the author have a problem with this then I invite them to remove the links, its really no skin off my nose, I've got a working game after all... *shrugs*

The reason I am asking you is because I **don't** want the mods to take your links down, but if they don't follow the forum rules they will be :( If you can just provide a link ti the post where SpaceTiger gave permission to do so that would be great.

As for the question "More to the point how do you expect to know if the dll provided matches the source code provided? Release of source code proves nothing about the binaries after all..." that is literally the case with any mod, but with the source posted someone can compile that provided source and verify it is the same.  Again this is just a forum rule.

1. No post. Done via PM. (Mod PM'd me, I replied, I PM'd ST, ST replied, I made post with next version stating ST is OK with it).

2. Frankly; no. I have better things to do with my life than muck about on GitHub to make a complete unchanged copy of the source code. If you want to check, go grab it from the same place I did.

If that is a problem, then pull the links... I only put them up because it was close to zero effort for me (I need the mod for me, to give to the community I had to copy to my OneDrive and make a link) - anything over and above that isn't effort I'm prepared to put in because its the very definition of pointless BS... hell, the fact I'm having to make these posts has already got me regretting the whole damn thing, I might not even both carrying on now because I could do without the extra hassle.

Consider this my last post on the issue unless a mod wants to get involved.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to play with this mod on KSP 1.1.3? I've merged the KerboKatz Utilities and the Automated Science Sampler GameData folders into my KSP GameData Folder and the mod doesn't show up in the KSP-AVC mod list. Hoping someone can help me out here.

Nvm. Im dumb. Apparently the mod still works but isnt recognized.

Edited by X1machinemaker1X
Stupidity

Hopefully one of you lovely individuals can help me out.  I can't seem to get this mod to run at all in 1.1.3.  The KerboKatz frame rate viewer, frame rate limiter, and physical time ratio utilities all seem to be working, but I can't get the automated science sampler to show up in the KerboKatz toolbar, and it definitely isn't running.  I did download the utilities master from github and install that.  It looks like it is 1.3.7.  Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.