[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

5 hours ago, Berkyjay said:

Does this version work with KSP 1.3.1?

It does, so far as I can tell (am using it), but it does not automatically transfer experiments from DMagic (possibly others, dunno), just FYI. It runs them, but doesn't reset the experiment/transfer the science to an appropriate pod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 10:52 AM, funkcanna said:

For some reason this is no longer resetting experiments.  

Same problem here.

After exhausting all other possibilities for the problem, I can confirm that the "Transfer all data" button does indeed not transfer data when unchecked. *facepalm

Edited by uxlapogi
me stoopid

I seem to be having a similar issue to RoggenHans. I have installed the new 1.3.4 pre-release version of the mod. It shows up in CKAN as 'AD' for both AutomatedScienceSampler and for KerboKatzUtilities. The mod shows up in game and I can select settings but no automated science is ever done. I still need to run everything manually. I have a similar setup to RoggenHans as well running nearly all the same mods used by Quill18 in his recent 1.3 modded career.

Link to Output_log

*Edit*

After messing around I went into the Settings.xml file in ...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerboKatz\AutomatedScienceSampler\PluginData and found the settings in this XML did not match the settings I have configured in game on the KerboKatz GUI. Every setting in this XML was set to false, but many were toggled on within the GUI in game. I set some to true and false here depending on what I wanted and it worked for one mission, but then eventually this file seems to be overwritten and things are reset to false. I am still doing some tests. Should this XML file also exist in ...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerboKatz\PluginData ??

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <debug>false</debug>
  <uiFadeSpeed>0.25</uiFadeSpeed>
  <uiElements>
    <UIData>
      <name>AutomatedScienceSampler</name>
      <position>
        <x>1012.99988</x>
        <y>-25</y>
        <z>0</z>
      </position>
      <active>false</active>
    </UIData>
  </uiElements>
  <showSettings>false</showSettings>
  <spriteFPS>55</spriteFPS>
  <craftSettings>
    <PerCraftSetting>
      <guid>Single</guid>
      <threshold>2</threshold>
      <runAutoScience>true</runAutoScience>
      <oneTimeOnly>true</oneTimeOnly>
      <resetExperiments>true</resetExperiments>
      <hideScienceDialog>false</hideScienceDialog>
      <transferAllData>false</transferAllData>
      <dumpDuplicates>true</dumpDuplicates>
      <doEVAOnlyIfGroundedWhenLanded>false</doEVAOnlyIfGroundedWhenLanded>
      <currentContainer>0</currentContainer>
    </PerCraftSetting>
  </craftSettings>
  <perCraftSetting>false</perCraftSetting>
  <lastGUID>Single</lastGUID>
  <refreshTime>1</refreshTime>
  <interruptTimeWarp>true</interruptTimeWarp>
  <dropOutOfWarp>true</dropOutOfWarp>
  <useKKToolbar>true</useKKToolbar>
</Settings>

Edited by Enderzt
Updating Status to developer or whoever is monitoring issue

• 1 month later...

As promised, here is a posting for an error message, related I believe to bussard collectors:

Spoiler

[R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScienceSubject..ctor (.ScienceExperiment exp, ExperimentSituations sit, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome, System.String displaybiome) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperimentSubject (.ScienceExperiment experiment, ExperimentSituations situation, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome, System.String displaybiome) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerboKatz.ASS.DMOS.Activator.GetScienceSubject (.ModuleScienceExperiment baseExperiment) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also:

Spoiler

System.MonoType
Could not load file or assembly 'StationScience, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.CheckTypeForScienceActivator (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerboKatz.Utilities.LoopTroughAssemblies (System.Action`1 CheckType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
System.MonoType
Could not load file or assembly 'DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric, Version=0.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.CheckTypeForScienceActivator (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerboKatz.Utilities.LoopTroughAssemblies (System.Action`1 CheckType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1.1891, AutomatedScienceSampler v1.3.3.0, log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7il1sqav68j1ulc/saves for BussardCollector.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 5:47 PM, gmiddlemass said:

This seems to still work just fine in 1.4.1

Thanks for making one of my "can't do without" mods.

I don't see the toolbar button for the science sampler.  I added the small utilities and can see those listed in the KK toolbar but not the science sampler.  Did you do anything special to get it to work gmiddlemass?

I didn't do anything special no. Just copied the entire 'kerbocatz' folder from inside the gamedata folder of my old 1.3.1 install and pasted it into my fresh 1.4.1 folder.

I can have a look at the contents of the folder and post it here for comparison but I'm away from my PC at the moment. Will update you as soon as I can.

Edit: Do you have the 'KerboKatzUtilities' installed too? I think it needs that to work.

Edited by gmiddlemass

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ASS doesn't like GPP because it expects Kerbin, not Gael.

As soon as on the launchpad, spam:

at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

11 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

This should not be a problem (anymore). GPP v1.6.x no longer internally names the homeworld Gael but uses "Kerbin" and applies "Gael" as the display name. I assume your installed GPP is 1.5 or older.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I assume your installed GPP is 1.5 or older.

Nope. In that test install I used the latest releases.

But whatever, I got it borked and ASS was the one which made me finally crazy because I never have seen a tilted cam view frozen at launchpad.
And it threw exceptions.

I had no mood to continue fiddling in that construction site, so I went back to my regular install.

Edited by Gordon Dry

On 5/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, Gordon Dry said:

ASS doesn't care about planet names. I'll have a look into this when i find the time.

11 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@SpaceTiger I would like it if ASS knows if an experiment that has to be deployed is inside a fairing and so skipped ...

Is this from a mod ? If so ASS will need a plugin to recognize this.
If you want this so it's more realistic open up a feature request on GitHub and we will add the option when we find the time.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, Gordon Dry said:

i was getting this in a stock test game on the launchpad.  Totally unusable.

Let me know if you need a log file

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 12:37 AM, obelawe said:

hi are you going to update this to the latest version very much new to ksp

welcome to the forums. It works just fine without an update. for the most part mods that include a DLL (like this one) will need to be compiled for some version of 1.4.x, but the actual point update doesn't really matter.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, is this mod dead? I checked GitHub and there hasn't been any work on it for 7 months since 1.4.2. the existing version doesn't work in 1.5.1

Also, if anyone with coding skills has recompiled and is willing to share, please PM me. 

Thanks!

Edited by Tyko

13 hours ago, Tyko said:

Hi all, is this mod dead? I checked GitHub and there hasn't been any work on it for 7 months since 1.4.2. the existing version doesn't work in 1.5.1

Also, if anyone with coding skills has recompiled and is willing to share, please PM me. 

Thanks!

I didn't play Kerbal in a while so i wasn't aware that it didn't work with 1.5.X. I'll patch it up/recompile it over the weekend.

1 hour ago, SpaceTiger said:

I didn't play Kerbal in a while so i wasn't aware that it didn't work with 1.5.X. I'll patch it up/recompile it over the weekend.

wow, that's awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do that. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.