[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

Hey

I installed ForScience(ver 0.26.0) form CKAN and it was not showing in the toolbar. Also KerboKatzUtilities was not listed as dependency for ForScience, so it was not installed. If I installed manually (ver. 1.3) from CKAN, also did not help.

If I manually download and install from GitHUb it works fine. Also KerboKatzUtilities.dll in ForScience package is different size than from KerboKatzUtilities GitHUb.

Forgive my confusion. Did you get both latest versions from Github? And did you use the Folder Tree structure in the .zips or did you put KerboKatz and ForScience in the Game Data Folder? In other words, does Game Data contain a folder for each, or is one nested in another, and if so, what order? I'd really like to have this working again too.

Edit: I should have read further.

The package contains version 1.0.0 of the KerboKatzUtilities. The version on github is 1.0.3. that explains why its different size

Does this mean the ForScience on Github has the needed KerboKatz in it? So just one .zip to a working install, or do I need to also retrieve KKU v1.0.0 as well? The size difference in versions is irrelevant, I think. The relevant bit is that the newest version of both are not playing well together...?

Edited by Shaggygoblin

Does this mean the ForScience on Github has the needed KerboKatz in it? So just one .zip to a working install, or do I need to also retrieve KKU v1.0.0 as well? The size difference in versions is irrelevant, I think. The relevant bit is that the newest version of both are not playing well together...?

Yes it does and you dont have to download it. The utilities should work in any version that is higher than required. But than again we could have broken something in one of the updates that messes with ForScience.

The tree structure should be exactly the same as in the zip file anything else is asking to not work properly.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried it again and ForScience only works with KerboKatzUtilities 1.0.0. It is NOTworking with versions KerboKatzUtilities 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3.

soooooo.....

can anyone fix this?

Sorry that i didn't reply at all but i was busy the past few weeks. On the bright side i think i figured out what is causing this issue. In the meantime you(or anyone else for that matter) can use an older version of KerboKatzUtilities (1.0.0) and just name it something else while keeping the newer version too. So you would have "KerboKatzUtilities.dll" and "KerboKatzUtilities2.dll" for example.

I will release a new version with a fix as soon as i get some time to finish some changes on CraftHistory.

Edited by SpaceTiger

• 1 month later...

Aren't there changes with AppLaunher (I think that is the name for stock buttons)?

will test now...

Edit: I installed this, can't see a button in top right. :(

edit 2:

1. Start the game

2. launch a vessel - no button in toolbar

3. recover vessel

4. launch a vessel - 2 buttons in toolbar

5. recover vessel

6. launch a vessel - 4 buttons in toolbar

can't get to settings, probably not working at all

Edited by sralica
more testing

Aren't there changes with AppLaunher (I think that is the name for stock buttons)?

will test now...

Edit: I installed this, can't see a button in top right. :(

Well this is weird i use the exact same code for some new things. I guess it just needs to be recompiled. I'll release a new version as soon as i finish with the changes :).

I'm only seeing a white button now, nothing clickable?
That is not the expected behavior. Could you please upload your output log somewhere ?

Edit: I just found a bug and squished it. Give it another try. I hope it was the bug that was causing your issues.

Edited by SpaceTiger

In 1.0.1 I can't see anything. no button, no white, nothing.

How can I tell if the mod is loaded?

Usually in the logs. Or you can try the just freshly updated files that are compiled with KSP 1.0.1 and KerboKatzUtilites 1.2.1. And if its not working again just upload your output log somewhere and I'll look into it.

Ok, i had the same problem as sralica with the button not showing up. Looked at the logs real fast and noticed this, System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KerboKatzUtilities, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

I was being lazy and grabed it off ckan.

After i grabed it off your link here, it worked perfect. So if sralica grabed it off there, that could be the problem.

Working fine for me. Glad to have this little gem back.

I was being lazy and grabed it off ckan.

After i grabed it off your link here, it worked perfect. So if sralica grabed it off there, that could be the problem.

Working fine for me. Glad to have this little gem back.

Yes, I used CKAN. It downloaded 0.27 version, witch was the latest at that time. now it is 0.27.1.

will test this one too.

edit: ooooow! I completely forgot that CKAN don't know about Kerbokaz Utilitys dependency. Sooryyyy

maybe it this should be corrected for CKAN. other people will have the same problem. Everyone is using CKAN.

Edited by sralica

Hi SpaceTiger, looks like a great add-on!

The known issue about reverting, is that reverting to launch or also to assembly? I would be very suprised if the issue persisted when reverting to VAB, I am however ued to strangeness when reverting to launch what I gave up doing anyway because of such things.

Does this mod work together with mods that store science in containers or command pods like "Science Containers" (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90678-0-90-Science-Containers-v-08-2) ?

That is not the expected behavior. Could you please upload your output log somewhere ?

Edit: I just found a bug and squished it. Give it another try. I hope it was the bug that was causing your issues.

I had the same Problem. Its actually pretty easy. CKAN did'nt get the dependency on Kerbokaz Utilitys. Install that one together with ForScience and it will work fine.

Hi SpaceTiger, looks like a great add-on!

The known issue about reverting, is that reverting to launch or also to assembly? I would be very suprised if the issue persisted when reverting to VAB, I am however ued to strangeness when reverting to launch what I gave up doing anyway because of such things.

Does this mod work together with mods that store science in containers or command pods like "Science Containers" (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90678-0-90-Science-Containers-v-08-2) ?

It was acting up only after reverting to launch so assembly should be fine.

As for other mods if they derive of the stock class they should be recognized by ForScience. I had a quick look into that mods source and yes it should work.

I had the same Problem. Its actually pretty easy. CKAN did'nt get the dependency on Kerbokaz Utilitys. Install that one together with ForScience and it will work fine.

I'm going to report this in the CKAN repo and hope it gets fixed.

It was acting up only after reverting to launch so assembly should be fine.

As for other mods if they derive of the stock class they should be recognized by ForScience. I had a quick look into that mods source and yes it should work.

Thank you so much :)

I had a quick gander, and I didn't see where you registered the toolbar load and unload.

They changed the way toolbars are loaded and destroyed in 1.0 (or rather, when certain events that were commonly used to fire off toolbar registration). I'm using awake() and destroy(), respectively.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I had a quick gander, and I didn't see where you registered the toolbar load and unload.

They changed the way toolbars are loaded and destroyed in 1.0 (or rather, when certain events that were commonly used to fire off toolbar registration). I'm using awake() and destroy(), respectively.

I do that during awake/destroy but since i use KerboKatzBase it takes care of that. Also i don't add it directly to the toolbar, instead i add it to my own "toolbar" which then gets added to the stock toolbar.

I didn't have to change anything for the 1.0 compatibility but i guess it just needed a recompile.

I just wanted to chime in and ask where I can find the mods settings when I read your post WaveFunctionP :D
Right click on the icon and that will open the settings :)

few problems/issues

1) From what i have seen it doesn't work with probe cores. I was trying to send a probe up, to grab the transmit values but it just refused to work at all in my testing.

2) The minimum science doesn't always work. while sitting on the pad it keeps trying to collect a bunch of 0 science reports.

3) While running at higher time warps, and using "transfer science to container" my experiments sometimes get stuck. By that i mean, it runs the experiment once, pulls it into the command pod, and then runs it again. At which point it cant pull it into the command pod again, and the results stay on whatever device did the experiment. And because of that it cant run new experiments until i manually clear it.

Still far better than trying to manually collect all these science reports though. :) Thanks for keeping this mod going, pretty much a required mod for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.