[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

I removed and reinstalled and was able to get it working. thanks to @vicdoctor for letting me know it's possible.

@SpaceTiger, thanks for keeping this working. Would you please consider adding some sort of audible notification when new science is available? Doesn't have to be complicated, but would be really helpful.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, Tyko said:

I removed and reinstalled and was able to get it working. thanks to @vicdoctor for letting me know it's possible.

@SpaceTiger, thanks for keeping this working. Would you please consider adding some sort of audible notification when new science is available? Doesn't have to be complicated, but would be really helpful.

in the meantime, you can use science alert

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

Does anyone know of a way to keep the science popup from spawning in the middle of the screen?

I would suggest using mods that are more actively supported, like ForScience (my personal favorite) and ScienceAlert (which I think is the most popular alternate-science-collection-methods mod out there)

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bubmer said:

Between this and ForScience which one works best on KSP 1.6?

51 minutes ago, Tyko said:

This seems to work fine in 1.6.1. Been using it for a while now and haven't found any issues

Yep, I actually use both in 1.6.1 and no problems.  LOL, I want to make sure I don't miss any science. :)

Hello!

I think I found a bug, you may have heard about it, and if so, I'm sorry. 

From time to time the tooltips that appear when you hover over the settings in the ASS window get "stuck" to your mouse, and don't leave unless you quit the game (I didn't find another method, the tooltip stays even in the main menu).

I know how to reproduce it. It may not be very scientific, but what I do is:

1. Launch vessel

2. Open ASS settings window thing.

3. Hover over one of the settings until the tooltip appears.

4. Spam the crap out of left and right click, and move the mouse violently over the entire window.

5. ???

6. Profit? (Hopefully)

I am using the 1.4 version. I did not find any output log files..?

I hope that somehow points you, through developer magic, to the problem.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
21 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

Yup! Updated for all your science needs! You can download the newest version from GitHub.

Thank you for updating. The last release I see on the github repo is from April 2018 though, did you change your download host for this update perhaps?

Edit: Ah forget it - Github sorted the latest release by name, not by date - its the second entry :-) Thank you :)

Edited by DaniDE

On 10/18/2019 at 1:49 PM, SpaceTiger said:

Yup! Updated for all your science needs! You can download the newest version from GitHub.

The CKAN metadata for your recent release still has KSP version range 1.4.0 to 1.4.3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bug Report

I don't see any of the features of this mod - after installing it, my game looks the same as before. I am using the latest version of KSP, and the latest version of the mod. I have no other mods installed, except KerboKatzUtilities.

Log file:

<moderator snip log file>

Hello, @Ceromancy,

Unfortunately large log files like the one you posted can cause multiple issues for the forum, especially for users on mobile devices.  Therefore I have removed the log file from your post.

Please upload the log file itself to a file hosting site, such as Google Drive or similar, and post the link to the log file here.

Thank you, and welcome aboard!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.