[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

There are special biomes that i just learned about a few days ago. Most thing around the KSC are marked as different biomes but the science results are based on the general biome. I'm currently working on a filter for those and going to release a new version containing some more debug info for me to catch them more easily with logs.

Yeah I was wondering about this, if its related with this mod. Some places around the KSC and the island airport, reports biome as tundra, only noticed because of this mod.

We already do kind of work together :).

Thanks i was doing something very similar. But there are some other spots on the runway like that too "KSC_Runway_Light_NE","KSC_Runway_Light_NW" and "KSC_Runway_Section_3" which all 3 return "Runway" experiments.

Ah, I don't have those in that case. There are similar problems areas around the launchpad where everything is different, but return launchpad. I spent hours running around KSC, those things were everywhere. :P

Ah, I don't have those in that case. There are similar problems areas around the launchpad where everything is different, but return launchpad. I spent hours running around KSC, those things were everywhere. :P
Yeah i spend a few hours myself yesterday on this and got around half of what you got.

private string currentBiome() // we keep a running check on the vessels state to see if we've changed biomes.
{
if (currentVessel().landedAt != string.Empty) // more string emptys for weird biomes
{
/* snip! */
}
else return ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome(currentBody(), currentVessel().latitude, currentVessel().longitude); //else give up, err...return squad's *cough* highly accurate biome *cough*
}

Eww. Rip out that ugly if else code and replace the entire block with Vessel.GetLandedAtString. My version:

public static string GetCurrentBiome()
{
if (FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel != null)
if (FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.mainBody.BiomeMap != null)
return !string.IsNullOrEmpty(FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.landedAt)
? Vessel.GetLandedAtString(FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.landedAt)
: ScienceUtil.GetExperimentBiome(FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.mainBody,
FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.latitude, FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.longitude);

return string.Empty;
}

My condolences on time spent running around KSC :(

Eww. Rip out that ugly if else code and replace the entire block with Vessel.GetLandedAtString. My version:

{

return string.Empty;
}

I think I might cry.

Thanks for the tip. :)

{

return string.Empty;
}

That's genius! Thanks.

I think I might cry.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Yeah i feel your pain.

I'm having some issue with the options:

Either for the 'run one time science', and 'transfer science', the utility will run the not rerunnable experiment and transfer to storage even if the 'transfer all' is not check.

Even with 'run one time' marked, you I have transfer science and then manually check a experiment it will auto transfer to storage.

I'm having some issue with the options:

Either for the 'run one time science', and 'transfer science', the utility will run the not rerunnable experiment and transfer to storage even if the 'transfer all' is not check.

Even with 'run one time' marked, you I have transfer science and then manually check a experiment it will auto transfer to storage.

Which science part are you using ? Is it a mod part or stock ?

New version is out which changes most of the background code to something more clean looking (for me at least).

This version has the fixed biomes around the KSC,supports external command seats and an option to let scientists reset experiments automatically.

Using both ForScience and ScienceExchange.

I get the following error in the debug:

[Warning]: File 'C:/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/../GameData/KerboKatz/KerboKatzToolbar/PluginData/settings.cfg' does not exist

When I look in my zips for those modules and in the Gamedata for KSP I do not have the Folders\file for KerboKatzToolBar/PluginData/settings.cfg

Are those supposed to be created by the mod in game?

When I look in my zips for those modules and in the Gamedata for KSP I do not have the Folders\file for KerboKatzToolBar/PluginData/settings.cfg

A warning is not a bug, and yes they're user setting files, and most should be created at run time.

Using both ForScience and ScienceExchange.

I get the following error in the debug:

Like Gfurst said those warnings are harmless, will not cause any bugs/glitches by themselves and can be ignored.

Which science part are you using ? Is it a mod part or stock ?

And replying to you sir, yes come to think of it they're were actually Universal storage parts for the goo and materials bay.

I thought it didn't depend on part configuration, is that the case? If so, its time to strap on some MM patches :)

And replying to you sir, yes come to think of it they're were actually Universal storage parts for the goo and materials bay.

I thought it didn't depend on part configuration, is that the case? If so, its time to strap on some MM patches :)

Just fixed this. give the new version a try :)

Like Gfurst said those warnings are harmless, will not cause any bugs/glitches by themselves and can be ignored.

Actually I think it technically did cause a bug, those missing folders would not let the module create the settings file at that address so the KKToolbar was not working. At least I think that is what is going on, I do not get the button on the toolbar to access the small apps.

Edited by Smurfalot

Actually I think it technically did cause a bug, those missing folders would not let the module create the settings file at that address so the KKToolbar was not working.

The toolbar doesn't use a settings file and the call for the file is just that the base class that i created automatically tries to load a settings file for every derived class. If the game doesn't find the file it will throw out that warning which again is harmless and won't cause anything not to work unless there are exceptions right after that.

At least I think that is what is going on, I do not get the button on the toolbar to access the small apps.
What "small apps" ?

I looked all over the settings as I noticed this, but I cant find a setting there. Did I miss a configuration or does this not use the DMagic Orbital Science instruments?

The settings for this mod show only up when you right-click on the icon. This mod works with "DMagic Orbital Science instruments" if there is a module that doesn't work just name it here and I'll check it out.

The mod apparently works for me but no setting page is displayed on click. The icon just changes color from green to red and back. What might be the cause?

You might have the wrong ForScience mod in that case. There is this (ForScienceContinued) and ForScience by WaveFunctionP. This mod doesn't switch to red. Instead the cogwheel turns green and the bubbles start moving up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.