[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

Hi All,

Love the mod. Still cant believe this isnt part of base game! I dont know how many others get it but the Dmgic science parts (inc. Univ storage parts) keep triggering on the launchpad for 0 science. I have tried with normal science return and full science return and it does it with both. If i put a 'normal' goo and univ goo on same craft it triggers the univ version. Mag booms do it too. Always extend on launch pad for 0 science.

Any ideas?

55 minutes ago, razmachaz_69 said:

Hi All,

Love the mod. Still cant believe this isnt part of base game! I dont know how many others get it but the Dmgic science parts (inc. Univ storage parts) keep triggering on the launchpad for 0 science. I have tried with normal science return and full science return and it does it with both. If i put a 'normal' goo and univ goo on same craft it triggers the univ version. Mag booms do it too. Always extend on launch pad for 0 science.

Any ideas?

Do you by any chance have the minimum science set to zero?  I ended up going with the full science mod so i could get all the science without spurious triggers.  I haven't tested to see if it's needed in 1.1 or not.

I can second the DMagic being triggered on Launchpad even when already collected, minimum science setting is currently @ 2, was at 1 but I bumped it up a bit to see if any effect would be had, it was not.

Since ScienceAlert isn't updated to 1.1 yet, could it be possible to add a menu showing a list of clickable science experiments. I just can't stand having to find all the science modules and right click them. ScienceAlert just allowed me to spam left mouse until everything scienced. Thanks !

15 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Since ScienceAlert isn't updated to 1.1 yet, could it be possible to add a menu showing a list of clickable science experiments. I just can't stand having to find all the science modules and right click them. ScienceAlert just allowed me to spam left mouse until everything scienced. Thanks !

Why would you want this?  This mod does the clicking for you.

Just now, Loren Pechtel said:

Why would you want this?  This mod does the clicking for you.

I want to save my science equipment for other situations. For example, the Solar Particle Collector from DMagic can only do its experiment 5 times. That means that all the experiments will have been done when I get to my destination, rendering that equipment useless. That's why I'd like a feature similar to ScienceAlert :)

I’d also love it if this had a ScienceAlert-like option to pop the science dialog without actually doing the clicking.  That would let players choose when they want to just hoover up all the science they can without being asked, and when they want to be asked if a given experiment should actually be run (in case they want to save the equipment for later, more science-rich biomes; or, they just like to see they experiments to be run before they’re run).

There will be an update once DMagic updates his orbital science mod. I had an extensive test play and couldn't find any issues.
As an added bonus there will be an option to have per craft setting!

I have a counter idea for integrating ScienceAlert into this:
I would add a list of all experiments in the craft to the settings menu. These can be toggled off allowing you to disable specific experiments to be run.

This seems to not work in 1.1.1. The icon's in the toolbar but not animated. Clicking it right- or left- does nothing, and it does not trigger when science is available.

It's either flat out broke or the interface is broken and I just can't enable it.

If this is specific to me I can upload logs, but if it's general it's pretty easy to recreate :)

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

This seems to not work in 1.1.1. The icon's in the toolbar but not animated. Clicking it right- or left- does nothing, and it does not trigger when science is available.

It's either flat out broke or the interface is broken and I just can't enable it.

If this is specific to me I can upload logs, but if it's general it's pretty easy to recreate :)

Hm, didn't thoroughly test it or anything, but seems to work for me.

I'm loving this mod so far! But it *is* a bit disconcerting to have 5 science bubbles pop up instantly.

I think what I'd love the most is a mix of this and science alert.

Where it cuts timewarp, shows me all the experiments I can do, and there's a "do all science" button at the top which does them all. Otherwise I can click on individual ones and it automatically runs the experiment, removes the science and puts it into the command module, and then resets the experiment if possible. If I hit the "do all science" it would do that for every possible science module on board. And finally, surface sample and EVA reports would be notifications that they are possible.

It seems that this doesn't work with universal storage's science modules such as their version of the mystery goo and science jr. It doesn't run the experiments automatically nor transfer them to the crew pod, which is a shame. is it possible for the end user to create compatibility or will you have to create it yourself.

Thanks for this cool mod.  I had been using ScienceAlert (not usable yet with 1.1.x), tried the other ForScience but ran into a problem.  Tried this mod; looks promising for that problem.  The problem -

OK - so ordinary pods can only store one copy of any experiment/situation combo.  The science lab (ie the crewed Mobile Processing Lab) can store as many copies of experiments as you want.  Some only return science value once (thermo, EVA, barometer, crew report etc) but some (SciJr, goo, gravioli, seismic, surface sample) can have significant value from repeat experiments.  Playing in Hard mode, that extra science comes in handy both for buying techs and for converting to cash, which is in very short supply.  And that's before CTT techs...

For every situation except having a lab onboard, it seems like appropriate behavior to run once, transfer to pod, store a repeat on the experiment itself, then stop.  With a lab, I'd love something like a .cfg that could be set by hand to (for instance) store 5 SciJrs, 3 goos, 3 surface samples, 2 seismics etc, before quitting.

Or is there a way to compute that the 6th SciJr (from X biome in Y situation) will return a value of less than 2 back at KSC, so stop there?

Or is this more trouble than it's worth, and I should just let it harvest the first one automatically, then keep EVAing and taking data until I have the 5 I want?

Thanks for your thoughts

On 4/29/2016 at 10:13 PM, 5thHorseman said:

When I get a moment I'll test it all by itself with no other mods and upload a log.

Don't know if it's the new version or I fixed my own PEBCAK unknowingly, but I'm fine now. Back to collecting science hassle-free for me!

37 minutes ago, KronosHelix said:

CKAN crashed when updating this, and now I don't have it on any list since I tried to remove it and reinstall.

I also got an error just now when trying to update ASS 1.0.4 to 1.1.0 through CKAN:

"The following inconsistencies were found: KerboKatzUtilities requires a version between 1.3.3 and any version inclusive.. However a incompatible version, 1.3.2, is already installed"

Looking in the CKAN mod list for KerboKatz Utilities it shows - installed version 1.3.2, latest version 1.2.11, max KSP version 1.0.5.

Manually updating KKU to 1.3.3 from GitHub did not solve the problem.

Edit: Something strange going on with CKAN. Just closed and reloaded it and now its showing KKU latest version 1.3.3, max KSP version 1.1.0 (no option to update since that install is KSP 1.1.1) and ASS has completely disappeared from the list.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
extra info

1 hour ago, KronosHelix said:

CKAN crashed when updating this, and now I don't have it on any list since I tried to remove it and reinstall.

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I also got an error just now when trying to update ASS 1.0.4 to 1.1.0 through CKAN:

"The following inconsistencies were found: KerboKatzUtilities requires a version between 1.3.3 and any version inclusive.. However a incompatible version, 1.3.2, is already installed"

Looking in the CKAN mod list for KerboKatz Utilities it shows - installed version 1.3.2, latest version 1.2.11, max KSP version 1.0.5.

Manually updating KKU to 1.3.3 from GitHub did not solve the problem.

I just checked this and for me all the mods that got updated to 1.1.1 don't show up in CKAN at all. I'll get in touch with the CKAN people.

Edit: It seems that this is caused by KerboKatzUtilities not being marked as 1.1.1 compatible yet.

Edited by SpaceTiger

22 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

I just checked this and for me all the mods that got updated to 1.1.1 don't show up in CKAN at all. I'll get in touch with the CKAN people.

I experienced the same thing, error code and all.  All the KerboKatz utils, including the small utils and ASS have disappeared from everything as well; however, I've got dozens of mods that have already updated to 1.1.1 and display perfectly fine in CKAN.  That said, CKAN has been acting a bit peculiar the last few days so there's no telling...

35 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

And now 1.1.2 just arrived...

Edited by Aelfhe1m
added link

19 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

Just tested it. Seems to work fine under 1.1.2.

I suspected it would but now a lot of mods are going to have to push updates again just to get CKAN to recognise that they're 1.1.2 compatible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.