[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

47 minutes ago, WissyWassy said:

Just wanted to let you know that after upgrading DMagic's Orbital Science to version 1.3 (out since yesterday) it stopped this mod from from functioning (icon was still there, but no science was gathered). Moving back the the previous version solved it again.

At first glance, this seems to be with the fact that the plugin .dll name has been renamed from DMagic.dll to DMagicOrbitalScience.dll between versions.

Is there a way to make the status messages stay up on screen longer?   I like to read them, but the font used and the short amount of time they are on screen makes it difficult for me to read.  .cfg?  hackz?

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with this mod, and I don't know if it's because I am being stupid or what.  Can I ask please how this mod is supposed to to operate?

I click the icon and nothing happens, yet I know there is science to be gathered.  Other time, it just automatically pops up the science window and I can click the transmit, sometimes it doesn't.  Like I can't find any consistency to how it works.

So what is the proper method of using this mod?

10 minutes ago, Agathorn said:

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with this mod, and I don't know if it's because I am being stupid or what.  Can I ask please how this mod is supposed to to operate?

I click the icon and nothing happens, yet I know there is science to be gathered.  Other time, it just automatically pops up the science window and I can click the transmit, sometimes it doesn't.  Like I can't find any consistency to how it works.

So what is the proper method of using this mod?

Before you fly your rocket check the settings--it has to be turned on.  If you're using per-craft settings it needs to be turned on for each rocket.  You also have to set where the science goes (I think it should figure this out on it's own, though.)

Beyond the setting issues it works perfectly so long as you're in your spacecraft.  It's broken while you are EVA.

Not just Dmagic - even the sporadic uses of the Universal Storage stock experiments seem to not collect either. Log is here, if I understand which file is the correct one. Which I may not. Anyhow, hoping this is a simple fix...

3 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Quick question. Will this work while i timewarp? Because I notice that as I timewarp the little icon vial stops bubbling

no, you need a different addon to bring you out of warp when new science is available, like science alert (which is not updated yet).

Just now, Combatsmithen said:

. I know that. but you said an addon LIKE science alert. not science alert itself @drhay53

Science alert is the only one I know of, I didn't intend to imply that there was another one... I meant to imply that you either had to wait for science alert or look for a similar one on your own (I don't think there is anything updated for 1.1 that kills warp when uncollected science becomes available).

13 hours ago, drhay53 said:

Science alert is the only one I know of, I didn't intend to imply that there was another one... I meant to imply that you either had to wait for science alert or look for a similar one on your own (I don't think there is anything updated for 1.1 that kills warp when uncollected science becomes available).

Biomatic does this, though I've found it to be of limited assistance to me. Others seem to like it though.

In the video for biomatic it looks like it skipped over a biome while de-warping too slowly. I had to watch without sound though.

my career is on hold waiting for automated science sampler to work with dmagics new update anyway (playing dcs world in the meantime) so I'm hoping a science alert update is coming soon. Hopefully one day automated science sampler will be able to kill warp, as discussed in the OP :) that would be awesome as I prefer managing fewer mods

edit: watching the biomatic video it skipped over the biome because it was already checked off and the biome switched back and forth really fast. Still, I'm waiting on science alert.

Edited by drhay53

On 29.5.2016 at 1:21 PM, WildKhajiit said:

I was just wondering if you were going to update this (or if it already is) to be compatible with Station Science as currently I have to deactivate when doing experiments with that mod as the automated science sampler messes things up.

On 15.5.2016 at 10:57 PM, SpaceTiger said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this but ASS had an update to make the basics of StationScience work.

Look some posts (page 14/15) above, Mod was updated for latest Station Science.
(But me has still massive probs with combination of "StaSci" and "ASS".)
(Maybe you can write a report (for curious me) which probs you have in the Station Science Thread.. ?)

Edited by Jansn67

1 hour ago, Jansn67 said:

Look some posts (page 14/15) above, Mod was updated for latest Station Science.
(But me has still massive probs with combination of "StaSci" and "ASS".)
(Maybe you can write a report (for curious me) which probs you have in the Station Science Thread.. ?)

Here's what was happening:

I had For Science (Yes this may be the problem) and automated science smapler on. When I finalized the results on the plant growth experiment it came up with the completed experiment dialogue but after clicking keep data, no data was kept and on the plant growth pod was only the finalize results button, which if clicked had the same result. Once I deactivated FS and automated science sampler it worked fine so it might not be automated science sampler causing the bug. I have since unistalled FS as this mod superseeds it and have had no further issues since.

As the owner of ASS told here (if you read the thread) it conflits with code of "For Science".
Try same (have backup savegame?) without "For Science" mod.
Also try to clean out (manually) your savegame (persistent or autosave) from uninstalled mod/s.

Sounds similar to my props i had with them.Did you try to process the results in the "Spectrometron"?
(I usually process them to generate Science -> MPL Data. Without both mods, it seems to work fine, unless the "Spectrometron".)

Had an 14 hours working day today, need to read your post again after next days (Thursday big event, Friday need some time off...)

PS: there is a new "Kraken" out there.. thanks god, that this time i am not the only one i experience.. :-)

Edited by Jansn67

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.