[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

8 hours ago, Cetera said:

I've puttered around with this, and still can't get it to run or show up in the KerboKatz toolbar.  Here's my output log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62531235/output_log.txt

Any ideas?

I don't bother with any of the mod toolbars since most mods support the native toolbar these days.

4 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

I don't bother with any of the mod toolbars since most mods support the native toolbar these days.

I don't think there is any way to get it to run or configure it without it showing up in his own toolbar.  It really isn't a toolbar, it is more of a folder or something.  The KerboKatz toolbar button runs in the stock toolbar.

Anyway, with as many mods as I run, the stock toolbar doesn't work anyway.  It would need 3+ stock toolbars to fit all the icons.

1 hour ago, Cetera said:

I don't think there is any way to get it to run or configure it without it showing up in his own toolbar.  It really isn't a toolbar, it is more of a folder or something.  The KerboKatz toolbar button runs in the stock toolbar.

With no third-party toolbars installed, Automated Science Sampler appears in the stock toolbar.  Left-click to enable/disable, right-click to display the configuration window.

1 hour ago, Cetera said:

Anyway, with as many mods as I run, the stock toolbar doesn't work anyway.  It would need 3+ stock toolbars to fit all the icons.

I've got 83 mods installed, and all the ones that need toolbar buttons show up on the stock toolbar.  *shrug*

16 hours ago, Cetera said:

I've puttered around with this, and still can't get it to run or show up in the KerboKatz toolbar.  Here's my output log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62531235/output_log.txt

Any ideas?

You have AutomatedScienceSampler installed in a different folder. This causes it to be loaded before the KerboKatzUtilities which it requires.

If you install it as instructed it will load as it should.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, elogateumsato said:

is it possible to have science sampler run experiments i've completed already? I'm trying to fill up my Mobile Processing Lab but since I've completed the exepriments already, it won't do the science.

and when i change the threshold to 0 it spams experiments non stop

Yeah, I wish he would deal with both of these things.

The only way I've found to get full science without spam problems is to run the mod that gives full value on the first run of an experiment.  A bit cheaty but I'm not going to waste my time clicking like crazy to avoid it.

10 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Yeah, I wish he would deal with both of these things.

The only way I've found to get full science without spam problems is to run the mod that gives full value on the first run of an experiment.  A bit cheaty but I'm not going to waste my time clicking like crazy to avoid it.

yeah i took a peak at the developer API and it looks like the actual "experiments" themselves only have a "science value"  and it doesn't have anything that mentions mobile processing lab. So it would probably require digging into how that thing works.

16 hours ago, elogateumsato said:

is it possible to have science sampler run experiments i've completed already? I'm trying to fill up my Mobile Processing Lab but since I've completed the exepriments already, it won't do the science.

and when i change the threshold to 0 it spams experiments non stop

Something along these lines was planned in the past but RL got in the way. Right now there is no such feature.

6 hours ago, elogateumsato said:

yeah i took a peak at the developer API and it looks like the actual "experiments" themselves only have a "science value"  and it doesn't have anything that mentions mobile processing lab. So it would probably require digging into how that thing works.

No, there would be no need for that.  The mobile lab fix would be a checkbox that made it look only at science on board rather than all science in determining what has been done.

5 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

No, there would be no need for that.  The mobile lab fix would be a checkbox that made it look only at science on board rather than all science in determining what has been done.

Yeah that may be true for stock, but in RSS there are experiments that can't be done in the MPL (hence they don't have a research value)

4 minutes ago, elogateumsato said:

Yeah that may be true for stock, but in RSS there are experiments that can't be done in the MPL (hence they don't have a research value)

You can gather science for the MPL without being in the MPL.  And note that at worst you do an unnecessary experiment--so what?

1 minute ago, Loren Pechtel said:

You can gather science for the MPL without being in the MPL.  And note that at worst you do an unnecessary experiment--so what?

Well, I guess that depends if you want to implement "gather science already acquired" or "gather experiments that can be done in the MPL". I'm actually looking for the latter since the other data doesn't matter. 

you could just collect a bunch of polar orbit science and fill it up easily.

48 minutes ago, elogateumsato said:

Well, I guess that depends if you want to implement "gather science already acquired" or "gather experiments that can be done in the MPL". I'm actually looking for the latter since the other data doesn't matter. 

you could just collect a bunch of polar orbit science and fill it up easily.

I don't see the need to get fancy, gather science even if it's already acquired will do a bit of extra stuff but it's a lot easier to implement and it's not like mod-makers are paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticing that the the Sampler doesn't seem to be noticing the Universal Storage variants again. I know it updated not too long ago, but unsure what changes were made. Checked all my settings again just to be sure, but not conducting any science from the US modules.

1 hour ago, vryder said:

Is there any way to get this and KerboKatz to be used with CKAN? they show up in the repositories, but don't appear to be valid for anything above KSP 1.1.2

If the current versions of the mods are confirmed to be compatible with 1.1.3, then the metadata on Curse or whatever needs to be updated to reflect that.  Then they'll show up in CKAN as compatible with 1.1.3.

It would be nice if CKAN had an "install anyway" option, but that's an issue for another topic.

On 8/23/2016 at 9:05 AM, SilverlightPony said:

If the current versions of the mods are confirmed to be compatible with 1.1.3, then the metadata on Curse or whatever needs to be updated to reflect that.  Then they'll show up in CKAN as compatible with 1.1.3.

It would be nice if CKAN had an "install anyway" option, but that's an issue for another topic.

try in CLI, ckan install AutomatedScienceSampler=1.1.3

On 8/21/2016 at 10:36 PM, Shadriss said:

Noticing that the the Sampler doesn't seem to be noticing the Universal Storage variants again. I know it updated not too long ago, but unsure what changes were made. Checked all my settings again just to be sure, but not conducting any science from the US modules.

As an update, also not working any longer with the normal DMagic variants either. Did something change when I wasn't looking? This was working a week or so ago...

2 hours ago, Shadriss said:

As an update, also not working any longer with the normal DMagic variants either. Did something change when I wasn't looking? This was working a week or so ago...

If something was working just fine and nothing updated I don't see why it would suddenly stop working.

Nor do I. Hence my confusion. I've verified versions and proper installations (I did have a new install of this as well) just to verify, but everything is where it's supposed to be as far as I can tell. Were it just US, I'd assume that he changed something that affected this mod, but since I'm no longer getting the functionality out of standard DMagic experiments or (I've since discovered) Stock either, I had to at least ask. I'm still troubleshooting, and if I find something I'll let you know of course. Likely, it's me missing something very basic and silly. Even so, I though it better to at least ask the question, and see if it was something that was widespread. See as that isn't the case... well, looks like more work for me, unfortunately.

@SpaceTiger

After trying to figure out why some experiments from CONTARES  and ProbesPlus were saying "No more samples can be collected" even on their first run, I discovered that Automated Science Sampler is breaking parts that use DMagicScienceAnimateGeneric.  Tested on a clean install with just the minimum mods required to run CONTARES, ProbesPlus, and Automated Science Sampler.  Even with the latest .dll that was posted by @bobvodka it will not work correctly. As long as the option for Single Run Experiments is on, it will run the experiments as soon as it is available, and if chosen to keep data from the science dialog window it will not actually generate the science experiment, preventing the part from being reset either from the right click menu, a MPL or by EVA. It will then display the message from above on subsequent attempts to run the experiment. With the option for Single Run Experiments turned off, they will run fine manually, but no other experiments are run obviously.

Love this mod so much.  Thanks. :D

One feature suggestion: Perhaps you could add a second threshold for single-use experiments?  So I could set e.g. 0.01 threshold for repeatable ones, but maybe a threshold of 10 for single-use ones.  (This could potentially replace the single-use checkbox, because setting it to something unobtainable like 9999 would be the equivalent of unchecking the checkbox.)

Right now, if I want to pick up all the teeny tiny reports (especially on a high difficulty with science scaled down) I have to set the threshold very low — but since physical experiments tend to not fully collect on the first go, it ends up redoing a lot of physical experiments when it ought to be saving those for later in the flight (and rendering them unusable if I've got transfer enabled).

Edited by Wisq

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.