[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

On 06/06/2017 at 3:43 AM, SpaceTiger said:

We didn't get to test it yet fully so the pre-release is a way of us to tell you that we didn't test it fully and it may contain bugs. It should be fully stable but just in case. We dont have any eta on how long it will take to test it all.

Cool, thanks. Works great so far. Thank you for your work, I appreciate it very much

• 2 weeks later...

there seems to be a bug in conjunction with Universal Storage. Every Experiemnt which is attached as a part of this mod runs only once without storing the data to the configured destination. other experiement which are attached as stock experiment working just fine. i have no glue if this relates to Universal Storage or Automated Science Sample. Anybody out there with the same problem?

On 2017-6-20 at 6:56 PM, GoAHead said:

there seems to be a bug in conjunction with Universal Storage. Every Experiemnt which is attached as a part of this mod runs only once without storing the data to the configured destination. other experiement which are attached as stock experiment working just fine. i have no glue if this relates to Universal Storage or Automated Science Sample. Anybody out there with the same problem?

Yes same issue here too.

Is there a way to move where the science results screen pops up so it's not right in the middle of the screen? I'd like for it to appear along the left edge instead.

Thx

Just now, Loren Pechtel said:

Why even have it turned on?

Because I enjoy reviewing my science results :P   So, can the window me set to open somewhere else on the screen?

I posted a comment on the github issue, but thought I'd raise the issue here as well - it seems like it does not move/reset the magnetometer boom (and most likely no other @DMagic experiments). Perhaps something has changed between versions?

Edited by Tivec
Finish typing before hitting enter...

On 28.6.2017 at 9:01 PM, razmachaz_69 said:

Any idea what is causing the lack of move/reset with universal storage?

23 hours ago, Tivec said:

I posted a comment on the github issue, but thought I'd raise the issue here as well - it seems like it does not move/reset the magnetometer boom (and most likely no other @DMagic experiments). Perhaps something has changed between versions?

Full logs with debug option enabled would help narrow this issue down. If possible add it to the issue in GitHub here.

On 28.6.2017 at 3:52 PM, Tyko said:

Because I enjoy reviewing my science results :P   So, can the window me set to open somewhere else on the screen?

Its the default results window and as such i don't think that it's possible. I'll have a look at it later see here.

On 02/07/2017 at 7:24 PM, SpaceTiger said:
On 28/06/2017 at 9:01 PM, razmachaz_69 said:

Any idea what is causing the lack of move/reset with universal storage?

On 01/07/2017 at 7:35 PM, Tivec said:

Full logs with debug option enabled would help narrow this issue down. If possible add it to the issue in GitHub here.

Posted! It seems like it is thinking that the mag boom has 0 data and skips it.

could you make a switch to enable the automated sampling only if transmittable data breaks the threshold setting?  I have probes out that will never return to Kerbin but they keep killing warp because a science bit could be done to get science on return, but I have transmitted that science for all it is worth.

The last few days I had several occasions of this kind:

Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class AutomatedScienceSampler:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.GetCraftSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.OnVesselChange (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.GetCraftSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.OnVesselChange (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnPartColliderChanged()
BaseEvent:Invoke(BaseEventDetails)
Part:SendEvent(String, BaseEventDetails, Int32)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:ColliderChanged()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:RaiseModelAndColliderChanged()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractSoRShape:WriteMeshes(LinkedList`1)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractSoRShape:WriteMeshes(ProfilePoint[])
ProceduralParts.ProceduralShapeCone:UpdateShape(Boolean)
ProceduralParts.ProceduralAbstractShape:OnUpdateEditor()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:InitializeNodes()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:DoInitialize()
ProceduralParts.ProceduralPart:OnInitialize()
Part:InitializeModules()
ShipConstruct:LoadShip(ConfigNode)
ShipConstruction:LoadShip(String)
FlightDriver:Start()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

It seems to be a chain of issues firing up each other somehow ... dunno.

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/plzs2chyxxretxc/2017-07-08-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

btw I use

Edited by Gordon Dry

@Gordon Dry to me it looks like this is an issue with ProceduralParts/SmartTank as this sort of exception apears all over the log file and not just for ASS. I'll add a check for this in the next version of ASS, but stock and other mods will still show the very same exception.

On 4.7.2017 at 10:36 AM, Bit Fiddler said:

could you make a switch to enable the automated sampling only if transmittable data breaks the threshold setting?  I have probes out that will never return to Kerbin but they keep killing warp because a science bit could be done to get science on return, but I have transmitted that science for all it is worth.

Could you create an issue for this on GitHub?

On 2017-06-20 at 0:56 PM, GoAHead said:

Same thing here.  works fine with experiments that don't need to be reset by a scientists like the thermometer or presmat sensor.  Science junior or mystery goo won't run, transfer or reset.  Doesn't matter if they are the universal storage or stock.

I have the player.log with debug on if anyone is interested in looking at it.  Too big to put on past bin.

Hi,  I would like to recompile the automated science sampler, to get rid of the annoying NullReferenceException when running on a craft without science.  

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerboKatz.ASS.DefaultActivator.CurrentBiome (.ScienceExperiment baseExperiment) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerboKatz.ASS.DefaultActivator.GetScienceSubject (.ModuleScienceExperiment baseExperiment) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

However, your .gitignore does not include the .csproj or the .sln files so that I can recompile it.   Please include all necessary files to compile the project within git. 

Thanks.

Geh

Hmm. I had a lot of science points on my first mun orbit for this career.

When the science is "submitted", the antenna is "used" (extended when retracted), EC is used - but the science is transferred to the probe core as I set up in ASS.

Then, checking "Review stored data", it shows 0 science for each single entry...

And if it would show the same amount™ of science, it has to be transferred "again" (using antenna / EC), but this time for real.

I don't think it should be like that.

The log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjsa6lvjitp3x0x/2017-07-25-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Edited by Gordon Dry

Neither RT nor Science Relay are installed. And I also have saved this info at end of May in a text file inside the mod archives of both mods:

ScienceRelay not with RT

I started creating little text files, either with the info inside or just the short info as file name - like above.

Back to topic:

So something else is creating this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 10:56 AM, GoAHead said:

Has any headway been made on this bug? I found if you put parts in the US science bay, they seem to work. It seems to be science parts that are made in the US module configuration that are broken.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.