[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

Looks like there's some conflict with one/more of the USI mods.  I started with an icon that would not respond to any variety of click (left/right/alt-left/right/etc).  To troubleshoot, I took everything out of my gamedata but squad and kerbokatz, and it worked fine.  Started adding back in and narrowed it down.  When I copy the UmbraSpaceInd and the associated (000_USITools, CommunityResourcePack, and Firespitter) back in, that stops the icon responding.  Not sure which module of USI is the conflict, as I have a number of them - and no time to troubleshoot that aspect before work.  Gotta run, just wanted to give the preliminary results

Link to output_log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57616772/output_log.txt

45 minutes ago, falcon2000 said:

Looks like there's some conflict with one/more of the USI mods.  I started with an icon that would not respond to any variety of click (left/right/alt-left/right/etc).

Uh, that's why is not working for me either. I have USI LifeSupport and USI Asteroid Recycling Technologies (plus their dependencies, USI Tools and USI Core).

EDIT: did some test, removed USI mods and nothing changed, still not working, so it's probably CommunityResourcePack or Firespitter. I'll make some more tests later to try to find out what is conflicting.

Edited by BigJammy

43 minutes ago, falcon2000 said:

Looks like there's some conflict with one/more of the USI mods.  I started with an icon that would not respond to any variety of click (left/right/alt-left/right/etc).  To troubleshoot, I took everything out of my gamedata but squad and kerbokatz, and it worked fine.  Started adding back in and narrowed it down.  When I copy the UmbraSpaceInd and the associated (000_USITools, CommunityResourcePack, and Firespitter) back in, that stops the icon responding.  Not sure which module of USI is the conflict, as I have a number of them - and no time to troubleshoot that aspect before work.  Gotta run, just wanted to give the preliminary results

Link to output_log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57616772/output_log.txt

I was able to reproduce and fix this bug with karbonite and other similar cases.

I'll wrap this up and upload a new version.

1 hour ago, JAD_Interplanetary said:

Will the new mod be up on CKAN soon? I would make a pull request to NetKAN myself, but I'm not familiar with the process or what the values should be.

Yes it will be soon.

1 hour ago, Malakren said:

I found that the problem is with the Kolonization mod, if you install both this and kolonization you will see that logistics icon as well as the autoscience both become ghosts. 
Hope this helps

I'm not able to reproduce this. Can you download the latest version and try again ?

If it still happens upload your log files with the debug option turned on if possible and with reproduction steps and a picture of your issue might help.

1st: Thanks for your work on an awesome mod... 

On 2.1.2015 at 6:45 PM, SpaceTiger said:

It works out of the box with DMagic Orbital Science....

Hmm, just did some test run with ASS 1.0.1 and I could not get it to work with US MystGoo, US J-9001 Science Jr. or Magnetometer Boom (all by DMOS). As the last one is also not working I don't think it's US causing trouble.

All the stock science like multiple crew reports, MystGoo Container and J-9001 Science Jr. are working fine.

Also, could you please specify what the different options (No of Threshold, reset experiments, , etc.) do? E.g. does "Reset experiment" only work if a scientist is on bord? 

My name is Mav McLeod... fly safe!

1 hour ago, MavMcLeod said:

1st: Thanks for your work on an awesome mod... 

Hmm, just did some test run with ASS 1.0.1 and I could not get it to work with US MystGoo, US J-9001 Science Jr. or Magnetometer Boom (all by DMOS). As the last one is also not working I don't think it's US causing trouble.

All the stock science like multiple crew reports, MystGoo Container and J-9001 Science Jr. are working fine.

Also, could you please specify what the different options (No of Threshold, reset experiments, , etc.) do? E.g. does "Reset experiment" only work if a scientist is on bord? 

My name is Mav McLeod... fly safe!

Already working on a bug fix

There will be tool-tips in the next version.

3 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Curious if there is an "Audio" alert on the road-map for this mod?   An alert that will tell you when you have science available to sample?

There is already ScienceAlert for that which should be updated soon. Or did you have something different in mind ?

Still not working with DMagic. Is the transfer & reset supposed to be automatic as long as I have a scientist onboard? If that is the case that is also not working. There are 2 options for the command module so you have to guess which is correct. The state does not persist between launches.

Edited by GrimDarknight

9 hours ago, GrimDarknight said:

Still not working with DMagic.

Any error message ? Are you using the latest version of DMagic ? If sp please turn on the debug option, go to the flight scene with some experiments, exit the game and upload your logs.

There are 2 options for the command module so you have to guess which is correct.

Any suggestions how to do it better ? We had an idea to make it glow while hovered but that isn't possible right now. Another idea was to highlight the part for a second when selected.

The state does not persist between launches.

It was done on purpose since the settings aren't saver per craft yet.

Edited by SpaceTiger

Is it just me or does having reset and transfer experiments with a scientist present result in the science not being acquired? Works fine with Jeb. With Bob it seems like he is throwing all the science out the window instead of storing it in the capsule.

18 minutes ago, SpaceTiger said:

Your logs are missing the important bits. Like the versions and startup of AutomatedScienceSampler.

I am using the most recent versions,

1.0.2 - Automated Science Sampler

1.2.3 - DMagic

But here is the full output log.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0rk7n5n7p7dui6n/output_log.txt

I also found this in KSP.log, on initialize of AutomatedScienceSampler.
http://pastebin.com/Fy0Ppmyq

I don't know if that helps.

2 hours ago, Nachbar said:

Is it just me or does having reset and transfer experiments with a scientist present result in the science not being acquired? Works fine with Jeb. With Bob it seems like he is throwing all the science out the window instead of storing it in the capsule.

I'm having this same problem. It makes sense that it only applies when Bob is in the capsule, since scientists are the ones who reset the experiments. I have [x]Science! installed and running next to AutomatedScienceSampler, and you can see the science briefly shows as acquired, then is immediately dropped. It looks like the experiments are getting reset before the transfer to capsule happens.

My current workaround is to turn off reset, wait for the science to be transferred, then turn reset back on.

2 hours ago, Nachbar said:

Agreed.  The experiment resets and the data goes away.

40 minutes ago, JAD_Interplanetary said:

I'm having this same problem. It makes sense that it only applies when Bob is in the capsule, since scientists are the ones who reset the experiments. I have [x]Science! installed and running next to AutomatedScienceSampler, and you can see the science briefly shows as acquired, then is immediately dropped. It looks like the experiments are getting reset before the transfer to capsule happens.

My current workaround is to turn off reset, wait for the science to be transferred, then turn reset back on.

That's a good observation and its exactly whats happening! I'll fix it.

Just released a new patch

Improvements:

• Transfer science before resetting
  • Part highlight when a new transfer target is selected
  • Catch more exceptions

As always: If you experience any issues please turn on debugging, restart the game, reproduce the error and upload your logs here with as detailed reproduction steps as possible.

1 hour ago, SpaceTiger said:

Just released a new patch

Improvements:

• Transfer science before resetting
  • Part highlight when a new transfer target is selected
  • Catch more exceptions

As always: If you experience any issues please turn on debugging, restart the game, reproduce the error and upload your logs here with as detailed reproduction steps as possible.

You rock! I'll check this out tonight. Thanks.

I've grabbed the latest version from Curse (as CKAN might be a tad behind) and while science is now being collected I'm having issues with experiment resets still :(

http://pastebin.com/Bkh9XpL3 - a slightly abridged version of the log (mostly removed anything which wasn't related to this mod; left game flow intact as well as mod list towards top so you can see what else I have installed)

Steps were;

• Start new game
  • Build vessel with a command pod and one goo canister attached
  • Change to Bob for pilot
  • Launch craft
  • Goo collects and transfers to pod (yay!)
  • Goo fails to reset
  • Goo can on longer be interacted with via right click
  • Go EVA
  • Collect EVA report with Bob
  • Go back in to pod and EVA data is transferred (yay!)
  • Go EVA again and reset Goo by hand
  • Re-enter Pod
  • Turn off 'reset'
  • Reset threshold for science to 0.01
  • Science collected (and discarded as option enabled due to duplicate)
  • Turn on 'reset' again
  • Goo does not reset

Hopefully that'll be enough to repro it/figure out what is going on :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.