SpaceTiger

[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

3 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

I didn't play Kerbal in a while so i wasn't aware that it didn't work with 1.5.X. I'll patch it up/recompile it over the weekend.

It works with 1.5.x. And great.

Thank you, kind sir.

17 hours ago, vicdoctor said:

It works with 1.5.x. And great.

Thank you, kind sir.

I tried it and couldn't get it to work. Even on a bare bones install...odd

For me it works flawlessly without even an incompatibility warning.

I've installed the mod by copy/paste directly into the game data dir (without using ckan or the like).

I removed and reinstalled and was able to get it working. thanks to @vicdoctor for letting me know it's possible.

@SpaceTiger, thanks for keeping this working. Would you please consider adding some sort of audible notification when new science is available? Doesn't have to be complicated, but would be really helpful.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:34 PM, Tyko said:

I removed and reinstalled and was able to get it working. thanks to @vicdoctor for letting me know it's possible.

@SpaceTiger, thanks for keeping this working. Would you please consider adding some sort of audible notification when new science is available? Doesn't have to be complicated, but would be really helpful.

in the meantime, you can use science alert

2 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

Does anyone know of a way to keep the science popup from spawning in the middle of the screen?

I would suggest using mods that are more actively supported, like ForScience (my personal favorite) and ScienceAlert (which I think is the most popular alternate-science-collection-methods mod out there)

5 hours ago, Bubmer said:

Between this and ForScience which one works best on KSP 1.6?

This seems to work fine in 1.6.1. Been using it for a while now and haven't found any issues

6 hours ago, Bubmer said:

Between this and ForScience which one works best on KSP 1.6?

51 minutes ago, Tyko said:

This seems to work fine in 1.6.1. Been using it for a while now and haven't found any issues

Yep, I actually use both in 1.6.1 and no problems.  LOL, I want to make sure I don't miss any science. :)

10 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

Yep, I actually use both in 1.6.1 and no problems.  LOL, I want to make sure I don't miss any science. :)

Neither handles EVA science unless you stick a Kerbal in a command chair.

25 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

Neither handles EVA science unless you stick a Kerbal in a command chair.

Yeah, I know...keeps the little guys (and gals) on their toes.  Even Kerbals need some exercise. :)

Cheers and tnx!

Hello!

I think I found a bug, you may have heard about it, and if so, I'm sorry. 

From time to time the tooltips that appear when you hover over the settings in the ASS window get "stuck" to your mouse, and don't leave unless you quit the game (I didn't find another method, the tooltip stays even in the main menu).

I know how to reproduce it. It may not be very scientific, but what I do is:

1. Launch vessel

2. Open ASS settings window thing.

3. Hover over one of the settings until the tooltip appears.

4. Spam the crap out of left and right click, and move the mouse violently over the entire window.

5. ???

6. Profit? (Hopefully)

I am using the 1.4 version. I did not find any output log files..?

I hope that somehow points you, through developer magic, to the problem.

when will this work with universal storage.2? it's the only thing missing from my game..is there something i can change myself?

2 hours ago, welfensteen said:

when will this work with universal storage.2? it's the only thing missing from my game..is there something i can change myself?

For me it works fine with 1.7 and USII. ymmv.

I last used this with KSP 1.3, but eventually found that it was causing significant performance leaks. Were those fixed in the newer version(s)?

Did 1.8 finally break this? The game freezes for me when I have this installed now--when I try to fly a craft.

2 hours ago, yobeeb said:

Did 1.8 finally break this? The game freezes for me when I have this installed now--when I try to fly a craft.

Yup! Updated for all your science needs! You can download the newest version from GitHub.

21 hours ago, SpaceTiger said:

Yup! Updated for all your science needs! You can download the newest version from GitHub.

Thank you for updating. The last release I see on the github repo is from April 2018 though, did you change your download host for this update perhaps?

Edit: Ah forget it - Github sorted the latest release by name, not by date - its the second entry :-) Thank you :)

Edited by DaniDE

On 10/18/2019 at 1:49 PM, SpaceTiger said:

The CKAN metadata for your recent release still has KSP version range 1.4.0 to 1.4.3.