Many Problems ... can someone help?

Hi,

i´m struggling at the Moment a Little bit.

1. Reaching an Orbit with marginal Deviation :

The 2 lines from my Orbit and the Orbit I should take are really the same ... The zoom did not help ... I cannot complete the contract and I cannot see what is wrong with, it is exactly the same.

2. EVA on Kerbal ... same Thing, zooming in, I stay exactly on the right Position but I cannot complete the contract.

3. No new contracts, what to do now? How do I earn Money to do more?

4. I´m putting some parachutes on stages who should splash into water, but the parachutes don´t open on the Rockets who are going down!!!

5. Deleting Waste in the Orbit ... Whaaat? That is just too easy to delete it instead of bringing it back down to let it burn.

After 30 hours of playing I think this game Needs a big Bugfixing, Balancing and real physics.

Hi bluemun :)

1, Make sure you have solar panels and are going the right way, if your ascending node is 180 you're flying backwards.

2, Need more info on this.

3, Time warp till some appear.

4, Don't worry about this unless they manage to splash down while still within physics range of 2.5km or you are using an addon like debrefund, the chutes will open with the decouplers but your boosters will be lost anyway.

5, Sure you can do that if you want, it's up to you.

6, KSP is not finished yet, please bare that in mind :)

1: you may be going in the wrong direction, not have required instruments, be missing solar panels, etc.

2: I assume you mean EVA report on Kerbin contracts, for those you really ought to use a plane or rover rather than a rocket or getting out and walking. You can use the in-flight waypoints mod to add visual markers in the flight screen (where you see the ship / your kerbal / ...)

3: If you mean you can't accept more contracts, then you need to complete or cancel the ones you have first. Beware that some can't be cancelled. If you mean you just aren't getting new ones appearing, then time warp or switch to a ship and back or something. More should show up.

4: Parachutes don't open automatically. You have to stage them first. If you have staged them and they're still not deploying then that might be a bug.

5: Sure, it's cheaty, but practically speaking it's just going to cause lag eventually if you leave it there. If you want to be realistic you can of course rendezvous and deorbit it.

Last point: this is an early access game; you shouldn't expect it to be perfect yet :P

EDIT: Ninja'd, sortof.

EDIT2: Just to add, you can use the StageRecovery mod or Flight Manager for Reusable Stages to recover stages that fall back to Kerbin instead of the default behaviour of just deleting them.

Edited by armagheddonsgw

4 and 5:

When I started I think I did exactly like you do: putting parachute or tiny engine on every part of my rocket so I could get them back or deorbit them... Let's say I quickly abandonned the idea :(

Sadly the game physic is very limiting on recovering part. Parachutes won't open if you are too far away and objects in the atmosphere will disappear (manned or unmanned) unless you are in control.

However, in orbit the part stick so a re-usable space program IS POSSIBLE if you are up to the challenge. Scott Manley (who else) has a series of video that show how he did it :

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.