What Planets Have You Been To?

CalMacDa

Which Planets SOI's have you entered and returned safely to Kerbin?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Which Planets SOI's have you entered and returned safely to Kerbin?

There are many planets in KSP, and hopefully more to come, but how many have you visited? This thread is to show off which planets you have visited and maybe some of the spacecrafts you conquered them with. Vote in the poll so we can all see which planets have been visited the most! Thanks, and happy posting! :sticktongue:

At the poll you should include all the planets including the sun, aka went to interplanetary space but didn't manage to get to any planet and the option all of them and none, just orbited Kerbin. Given the title of the this thread i've been to every planet and back.

I've made it to every planet in the game, but have yet to return anything from Eeloo. I generally play career, and am big on time management. So, by the time anything could get to Eeloo, I'm mostly done with the science tree, and am just sending out a small satellite for the "return science from Eeloo" contracts. I need to add that to my list of things to do, maybe just do a sandbox mission so I can check that last one off. :P

Only planet I've been to is Duna. Sent a ship out there some months ago and attempted to land and botched it. The pilot was fine but his ship was destroyed.

Hoping to catch em all in my new save.

Manned landings on:

Mun.

Minmus.

Duna.

Eve, (Once accidentally, once to rescue them).

Vall (This one wasn't legit, as I used hyperedit and I was testing a Jool-5 lander. But I'll put it here anyway.)

And finally Laythe.

Unmanned I've been everywhere.

And I have a base on Minmus.

So far I've been to Duna orbit (with kerbals) and returned. But I have yet to send a manned lander to it's surface.

My interplanetary vehicle would have had room for a lander, but I was worried the crew would go insane being cooped in such a small capsule, so I used all of the payload budget to give them extra rooms to live in for the long interplanetary wait... So they couldn't land, but they were comfy.

I've done a manned landing and return from every body in the game except for Eve and Moho, in stock. I have a ship which should be able to do Eve relatively easily, but I haven't gotten around to doing it. Not even tried to tackle Moho yet.

Manned Landing and Return:

Mun

Minmus

Duna

Ike

Gilly

Dres

Laythe

Bop

Pol

Manned flyby (no landing, either because didn't bring the equipment or can't) and return:

Kerbol

Eve

Jool

Tylo

One way orbit insertions:

Moho

Eeloo

Vall

Those of you who know, where should I go next? Moho, Eeloo, or Vall? I don't have the spare time to conduct an Eve or Tylo mission.

I have tried to land on Duna before, but it always ends up with something going wrong at the last minute (Example: I was 50m from the ground at Duna when my lander flipped out of control. The lander disintegrated, but the science data was fine. I planned to launch a rescue mission until I had the bad idea of flying a Kerbal to another biome and get more science. He smashed into the ground while carrying all the data.)

EDIT: I finally completed a Duna mission!! (no screenshot, sorry)

Edited by livefree75

I never bothered to visit Moho, the space meatball, or dres, The lonely space rock, or Eeloo, the deep space snowball. Dumping atmospheric probes on Eve since .23.5, more in .90 (Biomes), and landed a few contract probes on Gilly. I have a base on the Mun, loads of ditched ascent stages in minmus orbit, and tons of rovers and descentstages on minmus's surface. two decommisioned rovers( Broken wheels) on Duna and a crew SPR rover and a habitat, all currently unmanned, in Duna orbit. i inally gave Ike a visit when one of my "sample return" missions was cought in Ike's SOI during a duna departure back to Kerbin. I've had probes visit jool and mostly end by plunging into it's thick atmosphere, but i recently launched the surveyor-J5mission, which will land a small probe on all it's moons other than Tylo. I have a larger lander for Tylo. Oh, and i crashed a old space telescope thati happened to put a parachute on into laythe's oceans in sandbox, which is in a alternate parralel universe thanmy career Jool colonization save, where supposedly Jool is in Orbit arouund a black hole and the KSC know almost nothing about Jool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.