What Planets Have You Been To?

CalMacDa

Which Planets SOI's have you entered and returned safely to Kerbin?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. Which Planets SOI's have you entered and returned safely to Kerbin?

I have managed manned returns from Jool (using laythe's orbital velocity makes it far cheaper than Delta-V maps would make you think) and Duna. I would have also returned a manned mission from Gilly (and therefore Eve SOI) but the Kraken ate it during time warp (RIP Doodbro Kerman).

If it weren't for my desire to avoid long periods of time warp without doing anything, I'm sure I would have done missions to the other places as well (though I probably would have had to copy a lander for an ever surface return).

I've been to them... Just haven't returned from them.

Whenever I landed on one, I just sent a massive base too the landing site because I really can't return as well...

I have landed on all planets and moons.

But Laythe is the best!

Edited by DMSP

Every career I played ended up when all bodies were visited, flags were planted and science gathered. This usually marks the endgame. I even developed a pattern:

Mun, Minmus, Duna-Ike, Eve-Gilly, Dres, Jool-Pol-Bop-Tylo-Vall-Laythe, Moho, Eloo (usually the last to visit).

Jool and all 5 its moons is the most challenging mission since it involves a great deal of planning, orbital assembly, tedious long burns and endless rendezvous-docking-redocking in the Jool system. Eve also gives me headaches because I absolutely MUST land and take off from its sea level.

Gilly :P Dropped a probe onto Eve, but knew I'd never get my kerbals back if they followed :)

Then 0.90 came along right as I was about to launch my first Duna mission, so naturally I restarted the whole game... and I haven't caught up with myself since. So many things to do in Kerbin SOI...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.