what emotions do you get from the ksp songs?

awsomejwags

That space music is usually my orbital notification if i was looking else where. I actually like it as it feels like 'space' genre, but recently has muted music because i play my own track or stream stuffs while in SPH/VAB. But if i were to say emotion, then i maybe feel non.

The old tunes are great but after 2000+ of game time it is boring me to hear them over and over.

Hey Squad, how about to make the songs interchangeable. Give the player a window where he can set options to which song will be played in which location.

In addition to that let the game pick random songs from a folder filled with the players MP3's.

Let me leave this here :)

None really, but that's almost certainly because I've heard them at least a hundred times each. I usually end up playing other music over the game anyway; iTunes has a weird (yet convenient) habit of playing parts of the Transformers film score* when I'm launching rockets. Much more interesting to launch to that than to have silence for a few minutes followed by the inevitable "Frost Waltz" at 69km :P

*Pretty much the entirety music collection is film and video game music.

I too agree with the consensus I think - the theme is ok, as is the music in space. The VAB/SPH "jazz" is utterly dire, repetitive and caused me to mute the whole score.

I listen to either a streaming ambient station, or my own MP3's. The Gravity OST is nice, sometimes Jean Michelle Jarre, or the Sunshine OST. I'd like to see an MP3 player mod that can browse my music folders and maybe even read .pls files and streaming URL's...

First time I got into orbit and heard that music... oh boy it was so amazing.

Now... not so much after countless hours of space flight. We really need new songs. Something Homeworld style would be great.

Edited by diego999
typo

I quite liked the music actually. Like others have said it conveys the whole empty space thing pretty well. That being said I haven't listened to it as far back as 0.18. Nowadays I've got KSP on one monitor and Scott Manley or HOCgaming videos on the other to get new design ideas. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.