[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

Edit: i like the proc Probe core, planned for next Version.
Glad you're gonna add it. Just rebalance it properly.. It's not fit for career.

4. Not sure about the usefullness.
Or make the smallest dish tweakscalable, preferably in 0.625-1.25-2.5-3.75-5 format. Even better.

6. Has to do with radial fuel Tank transfer bug.
Can you explain? I don't see how this can affect intake stats. I mean the ones specified by part.cfg, not that they change magically in-flight.

Edit: Suggestion - EVAFuel, makes EVA kerbals take MP from the ship and return unused back, still works in 0.90

Edited by SwGustav

There is an Old but untackled Bug which prevents fuel Transfer to or from Radially attached fuel tanks. So eg if you want to store fuel in the Center fuselage and want to Place engines beneath the wings, like the Basic Jet, you have to use non-fuel Parts to attache the Engines to the Wings. The 0.8.0 Basic Jet could use fuel from the Center fuselage, the 0.8.1 Basic Jet can Not do that.

So i needed an inline intakte with fuel capacity, because that Makes Sense, and i needed One without fuel to give Players the Option to circumvent the bug for Radially attached Engines.

Hi Yemo, I've been trying to implement Real Fuels into stock game. Since I'm using SETI as well I thought you might like the idea of an optional RealFuels line :)

Here's the mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112657-Real-Fuel-Stock-Tank-Prices-1-0?p=1776725&posted=1#post1776725

If you want to integrate it better with SETI, please do. I'm actually counting on it :D

Hello, Yemo!

What is version of TweakScale need to use? From this topic http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234 or from this http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/110899 ?

I'm not Yemo but I can answer - you can use the latest version from second topic, however it may be buggy with Infernal Robotics, in this case use version from first topic.

Wow - this appears to be a much more mature version of my own modded game with customizations, I think I overlooked it assuming from the name that it was focused on Advanced Science Mods/Parts/Balance.

Definitely going to check this out - thanks!

Hey everyone. Is there a way to reset, or bring back a contract that was accepted and then deleted? I deleted my unmanned powered landing contract becausr it seemed to be bugged.

In the Alt-F12 debug menu there's a contracts tab that has an option to add a specific contract, I would start by looking in there.

Hey everyone. Is there a way to reset, or bring back a contract that was accepted and then deleted? I deleted my unmanned powered landing contract becausr it seemed to be bugged.
In the Alt-F12 debug menu there's a contracts tab that has an option to add a specific contract, I would start by looking in there.

The SETI contracts use Contract Configurator, and that debug menu won't help too much for generating a specific contract. That being said, I took a look at Yemo's configuration, and the requirements for that contract are that you complete the "Orbit & Recovery!". Make sure that you have a "Significant" (2-star) slot open for the contract to show up in. You can try going to mission control and cancelling other 2-star contracts that you don't want - that may make it appear.

Thank you all.

Real fuels would require at least one additional Test setup, which i would have to Check. Because it is likely that users interested in Real fuels would also want more realism in General, the realism overhaul project already provides something like a total conersion.

I Might include this later on, but at the moment i want to concentrate on parts and some more contracts.

About the other Mod suggestions, i will Take a look at them once i m back in a few days.

Hey Yemo - I'm just finishing up Contract Configurator 0.7.0 (expect to release it by the weekend). It turned out that I didn't really need to do much with the asteroids, you can pretty much just use:

PARAMETER

{

name = PartValidation

type = PartValidation

partModule = ModuleAsteroid

}

Which basically will mean "you need to grab an asteroid". It won't work 100% on 0.6.x because I needed to check for a couple extra events, but otherwise, that's all there is to it. From looking at your roadmap, I think this is probably enough for you - but you tell me.

I'll also double check that the Docking parameter works for asteroids (haven't done that yet).

Yemo, if you're still considering some kind of telemetry style experiment for the probes I came across this. It's pretty old, but could still serve as a starting point and could be implemented as a microMod.

Edit: Also was looking at Kerbal Construction Time and remembered that you had mentioned it earlier in this thread, are you planning on integrating it at some point, or does it pretty much work as-is already?

Edited by Lord Aurelius

@ lord aurelius

Have you seen this mod a believe it's in the same vane as that mod, but has a few other changes that are really nice such as the crew report eva switch.

Also I have been using the dev build of KCT and it makes the game so much nicer. So KCT works fine. Feels very stock considering the deadline we are given for contracts.

@ lord aurelius

Have you seen this mod a believe it's in the same vane as that mod, but has a few other changes that are really nice such as the crew report eva switch.

Crew and EVA report switch is in SETI already, and from this mod too I think.

Still more stuff from it would be great. Like solars nerf.

Hello, guys!

I need the small advice. I switched to Linux, and I have a problem.

When I decoupled the probe on orbit, appear wild lags. Especially when the camera moved, the game does not respond for 2-3 minutes. Occurs regardless of whether the map is open or not.

When vessel enters into atmosphere are lags disappear.

Question: How or when I can find the problem?:)

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I use x64 version of game.

If you can give me link, where i can read, this will be super.

Yes. I have it.

Remove it and test, there's currently a bug with frame rate drop

Edit: If you need SM's functionality, get version 4.0.2 from Kerbal Stuff for the time being. Alternatively, switching vessels with [ and ] also fixes it for a single instance

Edit2: I remember someone complained about reentry lags, I'm positive it's this bug as well (debris created after the rest of the craft detaches or if it explodes from heat further).

Edited by SwGustav

Edit2: I remember someone complained about reentry lags, I'm positive it's this bug as well (debris created after the rest of the craft detaches or if it explodes from heat further).

Sorry, I don't understand, what i need to checking for this? Simple debris does not cause lags.

Sorry, I don't understand, what i need to checking for this? Simple debris does not cause lags.

Debris lags are random, but if you put a flag in EVA the FPS drops instantly.

Just do your probe launch without Ship Manifest and see if problem persists.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.