[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

Then you are missing this mod: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/119971

It automatically stores crew reports into the science container without the EVA dance.

Great find. Adding this now. (Only ten more and my /GameData/ folder with have 100 subfolders!)

On the other hand, I removed the partial values from mystery goo and science jr and so on. You do not only get 70% or so for your first return and then get diminishing returns for repetitions.

Very good point, that does help a lot with eliminating some of the more annoying elements of the Mystery Goo and Materials Bay experiments. I suspect that the changes to their "collectability" will ultimately be fine. As you say, it's just a matter of getting use to the differences from what I was doing in stock.

For those interested, the Kerpublican Space, Science, and Luxury Travel Agency has finally reached orbit for the first time! Hopefully we can soon set up a communications array and really start taking SETI to interesting places.

You sit, have just earned yourself a convert :)

Welcome on board!

Great find. Adding this now. (Only ten more and my /GameData/ folder with have 100 subfolders!)

Very good point, that does help a lot with eliminating some of the more annoying elements of the Mystery Goo and Materials Bay experiments. I suspect that the changes to their "collectability" will ultimately be fine. As you say, it's just a matter of getting use to the differences from what I was doing in stock.

For those interested, the Kerpublican Space, Science, and Luxury Travel Agency has finally reached orbit for the first time! Hopefully we can soon set up a communications array and really start taking SETI to interesting places.

10 more should be doable ;-).

Added a new category to the OP for mission reports and updated the mod recommendation/support picture for all the new mods added in the last few updates.

Now reading the latest mission report!

- - - Updated - - -

Really like the look of your mission reports (if I may be so bold and repost 2 of your pictures):

Azq4HAJ.png

UHqwujY.png

Hi! So I'm starting a new game with New Horizons, which dramatically rearranges the solar system; e.g. Kerbin is a moon of a new gas giant, Minmus is moved out to an outer planet, Duna and Dres are moons of Jool, that sort of stuff.

Do you think the easiest way to adapt the SETI contracts to the new layout would be to just figure out a mapping from stock planets to NH planets that roughly preserves difficulty, then do a whole bunch of inline replacing of names in the contract .cfg files? (Maybe writing a script that can be rerun on new versions)

I considered using Module Manager, but that wouldn't catch the flavor text and stuff which would be confusing (also not sure what the syntax would be).

Hi! So I'm starting a new game with New Horizons, which dramatically rearranges the solar system; e.g. Kerbin is a moon of a new gas giant, Minmus is moved out to an outer planet, Duna and Dres are moons of Jool, that sort of stuff.

Do you think the easiest way to adapt the SETI contracts to the new layout would be to just figure out a mapping from stock planets to NH planets that roughly preserves difficulty, then do a whole bunch of inline replacing of names in the contract .cfg files? (Maybe writing a script that can be rerun on new versions)

I considered using Module Manager, but that wouldn't catch the flavor text and stuff which would be confusing (also not sure what the syntax would be).

Honestly if I wanted to have contracts for something as radical as New Horizons, I would work on an entirely new contract pack instead of modifying an existing one.

Personally I would start with a small scope and then flesh it out later, based on the experience with other, similar contract packs (eg like SETI), but improving upon them.

Start with contracts from the beginning until reaching orbit around Kerbin (eg something small like the InitialContracts pack). Even without description flavor and the most basic mission parameters (eg reachState or so). Just the basics to make it work.

Then take it from there. I would advise to keep the progression ambigous at first (not specifying manned or unmanned, so it is compatible with all tech trees). And then maybe just add specific manned contracts later on.

I would also recommend using something like the SETI system to keep track of progression. Every contract writes its own variable if completed, so that it is easy to rearrange stuff later without breaking existing games too much.

Also make sure to name the contracts uniquely (I missed that opportunity for the early SETI contracts, but did so for the later ones, just name your contract nhReachSpace instead of reachSpace (nh new horizon or whatever you want to call your contract pack).

It is hard at first, but properly setting it up from the beginning allows you to quickly expand the system with simple copy pasting and changing a few variables.

Glad you enjoy them! Not all of my screenshots end up being decent (I don't use a video recording system so it's basically just trying to hit F1 at opportune times while also flying the damn craft), but every once in a while I hit a couple of good ones. I particularly liked that picture of the Lancer II ascent myself. Clervoy I didn't really have any good ones (although it was salvaged a bit by that flight to the mountains that Val ran early in the report), but hopefully for the next report I'll get another couple of nice ones. :wink:

I'll be curious to hear how that goes, particularly in SETI. If I may be so needy, once you get started, would you mind doing the occasional mission report for it? I looked at New Horizons when I was assembling my monstrous mod list, but ended up settling on Outer Planets insteadâ€â€I'm too much of a stick in the mud for something as radical as "Kerbin as a mun around a gas giant." But I'd love to hear how your game goes and if you're able to set up the SETI contracts to accommodate it. Fortunately, since Outer Planets is a bit more conservative in its planetary arrangement, I have a while before I need to worry about modifying the SETI Contracts structure to integrate Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon, Plock, and their moons, so I can stick with SETI-as-is until then.

Glad you enjoy them! Not all of my screenshots end up being decent (I don't use a video recording system so it's basically just trying to hit F1 at opportune times while also flying the damn craft), but every once in a while I hit a couple of good ones. I particularly liked that picture of the Lancer II ascent myself. Clervoy I didn't really have any good ones (although it was salvaged a bit by that flight to the mountains that Val ran early in the report), but hopefully for the next report I'll get another couple of nice ones. :wink:

I'll be curious to hear how that goes, particularly in SETI. If I may be so needy, once you get started, would you mind doing the occasional mission report for it? I looked at New Horizons when I was assembling my monstrous mod list, but ended up settling on Outer Planets insteadâ€â€I'm too much of a stick in the mud for something as radical as "Kerbin as a mun around a gas giant." But I'd love to hear how your game goes and if you're able to set up the SETI contracts to accommodate it. Fortunately, since Outer Planets is a bit more conservative in its planetary arrangement, I have a while before I need to worry about modifying the SETI Contracts structure to integrate Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon, Plock, and their moons, so I can stick with SETI-as-is until then.

I liked the slightly red fins on the LancerII, they added to the atmosphere.

What I forgot about NewHorizons, I did not find any mod pack for it, so making a new pack specifically for that might be well worth the effort.

About OuterPlanets, I have considered extending SETIcontracts to that, but then preferred to focus on other parts. Especially SETIctt mod support and adding some flavor contracts (eg records) to SETIcontract as well as another contract pack idea which I m thinking about.

After the joolean tour and the joolean atmosphere, there is little uniqueness in exploration missions anyway. It basically becomes a repetition with other destinations. Except for the landing on a big world without atmosphere, such a contract is missing at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Also note, that CKAN seems to be stuck on the 0.9.1.2 version of SETIctt at the moment. I do not know why, hope it was not me and that it is resolved soon.

I wrote most of a Python program to parse .cfg files, then I decided I'd be fine with stock contracts and just uninstalled SETI Contracts and the SCANsat contract pack and set the money reward coefficient back to 1 :). The stock contracts appear to work at least somewhat well with New Horizons (it's giving me "fly by Sonnah" at an appropriate time, which I totally didn't expect would work at all--we'll see if it understands the other moons in the Sonnah system and progression beyond).

The RemoteTech contract pack seems to be pretty much layout-agnostic; its contract .cfg files just rely on solar system position and whether or not it's a gas giant, rather than being hard coded per-body. That kind of setup probably wouldn't generalize well to SETI Contracts, but I bet the SCANsat contracts could do the same sort of thing.

Thanks for the clarifications. I just came back to say that the Powered Landing contract reappeared. I think it has something to do with the stock mission programming that forces them to expire after a certain amount of time, and the game sticking another contract in its place, thus filling the "maximum number of available contracts", hence preventing addon contracts from showing 100% of the time (just a guess). At any rate, contract came back, so all is good.

Have to see i'm liking this mod, like i didn't have enough already (50+ and counting now).

I need your help though! I am liking how this has spread things around much more evenly in the CTT. I have a few empty nodes i was hoping you could help me with.

Missing nodes are as follows:

Ultra high energy physics.

Fusion power.

Fusion rockets.

Advanced fusion reactors.

Exotic fusion reactors.

Antimatter power.

Colossal rocketry.

Exotic fuel storage.

Exotic alloys.

Experimental actuators.

Wide body aerodynamics.

Artificial intelligence.

Experimental motors.

Advanced off world mining.

Resource exploitation.

Scientific outposts.

High energy science.

Mechatronics.

Microwave power transmission.

Colonization.

I know there's a few to check off, but any help is appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

regarding your contract pack, will we still get the stock contracts later on as well? (as in to go to eve/laythe etc etc)

Have to see i'm liking this mod, like i didn't have enough already (50+ and counting now).

I need your help though! I am liking how this has spread things around much more evenly in the CTT. I have a few empty nodes i was hoping you could help me with.

Fusion power.

Fusion rockets.

Exotic fusion reactors.

Antimatter power.

Colossal rocketry.

Exotic fuel storage.

Exotic alloys.

Experimental actuators.

Wide body aerodynamics.

Artificial intelligence.

Experimental motors.

Resource exploitation.

Scientific outposts.

High energy science.

Mechatronics.

Colonization.

- - - Updated - - -

regarding your contract pack, will we still get the stock contracts later on as well? (as in to go to eve/laythe etc etc)

I'm curious, you must have a few that I don't have anything in. What parts/mods do you have under these?

• High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion
  • Aerospace Tech
  • Experimental Aircraft Engines
  • Aerospace Composites
  • Advanced Motors
  • Automation
  • Advanced Heat Management
  • Specialized Radiators

I wrote most of a Python program to parse .cfg files, then I decided I'd be fine with stock contracts and just uninstalled SETI Contracts and the SCANsat contract pack and set the money reward coefficient back to 1 :). The stock contracts appear to work at least somewhat well with New Horizons (it's giving me "fly by Sonnah" at an appropriate time, which I totally didn't expect would work at all--we'll see if it understands the other moons in the Sonnah system and progression beyond).

The RemoteTech contract pack seems to be pretty much layout-agnostic; its contract .cfg files just rely on solar system position and whether or not it's a gas giant, rather than being hard coded per-body. That kind of setup probably wouldn't generalize well to SETI Contracts, but I bet the SCANsat contracts could do the same sort of thing.

Ah, ok. Will have to look into the RemoteTech contracts then.

Thanks for the clarifications. I just came back to say that the Powered Landing contract reappeared. I think it has something to do with the stock mission programming that forces them to expire after a certain amount of time, and the game sticking another contract in its place, thus filling the "maximum number of available contracts", hence preventing addon contracts from showing 100% of the time (just a guess). At any rate, contract came back, so all is good.

Yep, the stock ksp contract system is unfortunately not well suited for that kind of progression.

Fusion power.

Fusion rockets.

Exotic fusion reactors.

Antimatter power.

Colossal rocketry.

Exotic fuel storage.

Exotic alloys.

Experimental actuators.

Wide body aerodynamics.

Artificial intelligence.

Experimental motors.

Resource exploitation.

Scientific outposts.

High energy science.

Mechatronics.

Colonization.

- - - Updated - - -

You could try the more advanced mods, especially KSPI Extended and NearFuture.

So far there is no list of mods stating which nodes will be filled by what mod and there will be empty nodes remaining in any case (there simply are no part mods for some nodes).

That empty nodes can not just be hidden is a "feature" of 1.0.x tech tree modding as designed by squad.

Hi Yemo,

Quick question--I am mostly interested in replacing the stock Tech Tree (I think the whole manned start is ridiculous). Other than obviously not being able to take advantage of all the other work you've done, is there any reason I shouldn't install just the SETI CTT? If I understand, it will reorganize parts and nodes, but not have any other effect on gameplay, correct?

Thanks! Your work is amazing, and from the first time I saw SETI, I used your recommended mods as a starting point for my own game, which has 85 installed mods (according to CKAN).

Hi Yemo,

Just wanted to alert you to a potential bug with the 'Powered Landing' contract. I'm doing a second playthrough of SETI-CTT and SETI-Contracts, and this time around I inadvertently satisfied the Manned Powered Landing contract. I didn't formally record it, but here is the basic sequence of events:

1: Manned capsule orbited Kerbin

2: Capsule parachuted to the ground

3: I sent a Kerbal EVA on the ladder to get the 'Flying over [biome]' report (It's an exploit, but I gotta grind that science)

4: Upon re-entering the capsule, I got a notification that I had fulfilled the Manned Powered Landing contract.

I assume this is a bug related to the fact that I exited and re-entered a capsule already on the ground that had come from orbit, but figured you'd want to know either way.

P.S. I love the SETI-CTT and SETI-Contracts mods -- they've made Career mode playable for me and do a great job of fixing some of the questionable progression and manned-centric leanings in stock. Thanks for the hard work.

Hi Yemo,

Just wanted to alert you to a potential bug with the 'Powered Landing' contract. I'm doing a second playthrough of SETI-CTT and SETI-Contracts, and this time around I inadvertently satisfied the Manned Powered Landing contract. I didn't formally record it, but here is the basic sequence of events:

3: I sent a Kerbal EVA on the ladder to get the 'Flying over [biome]' report (It's an exploit, but I gotta grind that science)

4: Upon re-entering the capsule, I got a notification that I had fulfilled the Manned Powered Landing contract.

I assume this is a bug related to the fact that I exited and re-entered a capsule already on the ground that had come from orbit, but figured you'd want to know either way.

P.S. I love the SETI-CTT and SETI-Contracts mods -- they've made Career mode playable for me and do a great job of fixing some of the questionable progression and manned-centric leanings in stock. Thanks for the hard work.

I have two suspicions here: Are you using RealChute? And where did you originally land?

I noticed last night when I was about to attempt the Powered Landing contract that the stipulations of the contract only prohibit the stock parachutes specifically, rather than prohibiting all parachutes. If you landed from your manned spaceflight using a RealChute, it might have "counted" the contract.

Alternatively, if you landed on a high-altitude terrain, I wonder if the contract checks altitude above sea level rather than altitude above ground. If so, then an kerbal jumping in the Highlands would satisfy all of the contract requirements by himself.

Edited by Landwalker

Hey Yemo,

Have you considered making an updated pruner file for all the mods you have balanced for CTT?

Also, not sure if it is a bug, but there seems to be a conflict with the built in omni antenna, and the emissive effect for manned pod windows. Essentially the lights are always on, unless you deactivate them with the deactivate menu button, which also turns off the omni antenna as well.

Hi Yemo,

Quick question--I am mostly interested in replacing the stock Tech Tree (I think the whole manned start is ridiculous). Other than obviously not being able to take advantage of all the other work you've done, is there any reason I shouldn't install just the SETI CTT? If I understand, it will reorganize parts and nodes, but not have any other effect on gameplay, correct?

Thanks! Your work is amazing, and from the first time I saw SETI, I used your recommended mods as a starting point for my own game, which has 85 installed mods (according to CKAN).

SETIctt is much more than a tech tree at the moment. It has some elements of the the old BalanceMod (until KSP is in a state for which rebooting the BalanceMod is worthwhile), especially concerning science and probes (for unmanned starts) and so on.

It is not too far from stock (eg compared to realism overhaul), but quite noticeable when you are used to stock (eg mystery goo and material bay rebalance).

There is no need to use SETIcontracts together with SETIctt, the framework is fully modular. Although I have not tested with the stock contracts in a long time, they should work as well (though I would probably install the InitialContracts mini spinoff if I do not use SETIcontracts).

Of course any other unmanned first contract pack is highly recommended.

Hi Yemo,

I have two suspicions here: Are you using RealChute? And where did you originally land?

I noticed last night when I was about to attempt the Powered Landing contract that the stipulations of the contract only prohibit the stock parachutes specifically, rather than prohibiting all parachutes. If you landed from your manned spaceflight using a RealChute, it might have "counted" the contract.

Alternatively, if you landed on a high-altitude terrain, I wonder if the contract checks altitude above sea level rather than altitude above ground. If so, then an kerbal jumping in the Highlands would satisfy all of the contract requirements by himself.

Whoops, I forgot to change the MM patch for RealChutes and SETIcontracts when I changed the contract structure.

Will have to update this for the next version.

It indeed only checks for stock parachutes even if RealChutes is installed.

Thank you for the bug report.

Hey Yemo,

Have you considered making an updated pruner file for all the mods you have balanced for CTT?

Also, not sure if it is a bug, but there seems to be a conflict with the built in omni antenna, and the emissive effect for manned pod windows. Essentially the lights are always on, unless you deactivate them with the deactivate menu button, which also turns off the omni antenna as well.

At the moment this is low on my priority list for 3 reasons.

1. There is some maintenance effort, especially considering compatibility with stock texture reusers (SXT).

2. DDS has decreased the memory footpring and with KSP 64bit for Linux, there is little memory reason, especially considering the potential compatibility issues with something like SXT.

3. I found another, simpler way to reduce clutter from 2 of the worst VAB clutter categories (wings and utilities for TAC LifeSupport), by making special nodes.

So I ll most likely save me the compatibility trouble until the SETI-BalanceMod reboot.

Will have to look into the omni switching off, thank you for the bug report!

Landwalker said:
I'm curious, you must have a few that I don't have anything in. What parts/mods do you have under these?
  • High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion
  • Aerospace Tech
  • Experimental Aircraft Engines
  • Aerospace Composites
  • Advanced Motors
  • Automation
  • Advanced Heat Management
  • Specialized Radiators

let's see;

High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion - Nuclear lightbulb - Atomic age by porket.

Aerospace Tech - s.c.i.m.i.t.a.r engine, shock intake, engine pop - MarkIV system by Nertea (still in test release but it's pretty much working now).

Experimental Aircraft Engines - "torch" nuclear turbo jet - Atomic age by porkjet. AE-6 B.R.O.A.D.S.W.O.R.D engine - mark IV system by Nertea.

Aerospace Composites - Mark IV system by Nertea.

Advanced Motors - Oh i'm missing that one too :(

Automation - Mark IV drone core - Mark IV system by Nertea. High Gain antenna - asteroid day mod.

Advanced Heat Management - Radiators from Atomic age mod. Heat management mod by Nertea.

Specialized Radiators - Radiator from Atomic age mod.

Hope this helps you!

Links;

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104855-1-0-4-Atomic-Age-Nuclear-Propulsion-Red-Hot-Radiators

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51395-WIP-Nert-s-Models-Current-Mk4-The-Second-new-test-release-20-07-2015

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

- - - Updated - - -

Yemo, if i install advanced progression and grand tour contract packs as well, will they interfere with yours?

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

let's see;

High Efficiency Nuclear Propulsion - Nuclear lightbulb - Atomic age by porket.

Aerospace Tech - s.c.i.m.i.t.a.r engine, shock intake, engine pop - MarkIV system by Nertea (still in test release but it's pretty much working now).

Experimental Aircraft Engines - "torch" nuclear turbo jet - Atomic age by porkjet. AE-6 B.R.O.A.D.S.W.O.R.D engine - mark IV system by Nertea.

Aerospace Composites - Mark IV system by Nertea.

Advanced Motors - Oh i'm missing that one too :(

Automation - Mark IV drone core - Mark IV system by Nertea. High Gain antenna - asteroid day mod.

Advanced Heat Management - Radiators from Atomic age mod. Heat management mod by Nertea.

Specialized Radiators - Radiator from Atomic age mod.

Hope this helps you!

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for the final release of Nertea's MarkIV stuff. Thank you!

Just accidentally confirmed the RealChutes/Powered Landing bug while landing my second manned suborbital flight, so I'm glad that's on the fix list. I'll still perform the powered landing test for my Mission Report regardless, since I already tried it once (and failed because I didn't pay attention to TWR) and skipping it entirely, especially this way, feels cheap. Plus I have to show the growth of a space program, not the shortcuts of a space program. :P

SETIctt is much more than a tech tree at the moment. It has some elements of the the old BalanceMod (until KSP is in a state for which rebooting the BalanceMod is worthwhile), especially concerning science and probes (for unmanned starts) and so on.

It is not too far from stock (eg compared to realism overhaul), but quite noticeable when you are used to stock (eg mystery goo and material bay rebalance).

There is no need to use SETIcontracts together with SETIctt, the framework is fully modular. Although I have not tested with the stock contracts in a long time, they should work as well (though I would probably install the InitialContracts mini spinoff if I do not use SETIcontracts).

Of course any other unmanned first contract pack is highly recommended.

Thanks for responding so quickly! A follow-up then: I *do* use Science Revisited Revisited (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111985-0-90-Science-Revisited-Revisited?p=1763562#post1763562) which makes some changes to the Materials Bay and Goo; does this mean that there is likely to be a conflict between SETI-CTT and SRR?

And I already use your excellent Initial Contracts spinoff--thank you!!!

Hooray for the CryoEngines support :) I noticed an interaction bug between SCAN and SETI. It appears at least for my Linux x64 install that the file 'SETI-Contracts-General.cfg' overwrites the default Squad Agents. This prevents SCAN SAT missions packs from loading as they are dependent on the agent 'Research & Development Department' which is a Squad agent. I added the agent information from the Squad Agent.CFG to the SETI-Contracts-General file and my SCAN-Sat contracts are now loading properly by Contract Configurator.

I think I am getting to the point with this game where I spend more time focused on finding new mods/finding bugs then actually playing the game. It's a viscous cycle for me.

I just read about an agent loading issue over here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124211

Maybe bring this issue to the attention of nightingale in this thread, as he has a much better understanding of the contract system then I do.

let's see;

*snip

Yemo, if i install advanced progression and grand tour contract packs as well, will they interfere with yours?

Ah, will have to take a look at AtomicAge and the new MarkIV.

No idea about the contract packs, sorry.

I assume you just get duplicate missions for the same objectives, but I m not sure about it.

If you try and find any issues, please do not hesitate to report them here as well.

Awesome, I'll keep an eye out for the final release of Nertea's MarkIV stuff. Thank you!

Just accidentally confirmed the RealChutes/Powered Landing bug while landing my second manned suborbital flight, so I'm glad that's on the fix list. I'll still perform the powered landing test for my Mission Report regardless, since I already tried it once (and failed because I didn't pay attention to TWR) and skipping it entirely, especially this way, feels cheap. Plus I have to show the growth of a space program, not the shortcuts of a space program. :P

The landing contracts are pretty lenient anyway (only the command part has to survive the landing), more like an inspiration for roleplay as are all the contracts.

I will have to fix the ProceduralParts/FAR bug first (and thus release a new SETIctt version), but the landing contract issue is definately on my high priority to do list.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for responding so quickly! A follow-up then: I *do* use Science Revisited Revisited (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111985-0-90-Science-Revisited-Revisited?p=1763562#post1763562) which makes some changes to the Materials Bay and Goo; does this mean that there is likely to be a conflict between SETI-CTT and SRR?

And I already use your excellent Initial Contracts spinoff--thank you!!!

Nearly all of the stuff from ScienceRevisitedRevisited is done by SETIctt already with different priorities (eg in SETIctt the numerical experiments give 100% science), some stuff might conflict (though I guess just the latest change is used in that instance).

Anyway with SETIctt I would recommend to uninstall SRR.

Hooray for the CryoEngines support :) I noticed an interaction bug between SCAN and SETI. It appears at least for my Linux x64 install that the file 'SETI-Contracts-General.cfg' overwrites the default Squad Agents. This prevents SCAN SAT missions packs from loading as they are dependent on the agent 'Research & Development Department' which is a Squad agent. I added the agent information from the Squad Agent.CFG to the SETI-Contracts-General file and my SCAN-Sat contracts are now loading properly by Contract Configurator.

I think I am getting to the point with this game where I spend more time focused on finding new mods/finding bugs then actually playing the game. It's a viscous cycle for me.

I just read about an agent loading issue over here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/124211

Maybe bring this issue to the attention of nightingale in this thread, as he has a much better understanding of the contract system then I do.

I took a peek at the SETI config and everything seems to be in order to me. What could be happening based on the bug in the linked thread is you're just changing the order of the agent loads to allow the stock ones to get loaded before the agent system explodes. Check for errors in your log similar to the ones in that thread.

Oh and Yemo - congrats on the $100 million. :D

Quick question regarding the progression contracts. If I orbit/land on the Mun before those contracts show up in Mission Control, do those contracts still show up, or does the contract system "know" that I'm already past that stage of my career and not offer them to me? ie: Should I wait for the contracts to show up so I don't miss out on them, or is it safe to get ahead of the contracts?

I took a peek at the SETI config and everything seems to be in order to me. What could be happening based on the bug in the linked thread is you're just changing the order of the agent loads to allow the stock ones to get loaded before the agent system explodes. Check for errors in your log similar to the ones in that thread.

Oh and Yemo - congrats on the $100 million. :D

Thank you for you help!

Yeah, $100mio. I could do a lot with that.

While I m a fan of the SETI project and the idea behind it, I m also a fan of balance and proportionalism.

Honestly if I had that kind of money to spend on finding out whether we are alone, I would probably put a few millions into SETI (for continued funding when our tech improves, not only 10 years super funding on our low tech status) and would use the rest to increase the chances of the human species to live (not only exist, but live) long enough to actually make that discovery...

Quick question regarding the progression contracts. If I orbit/land on the Mun before those contracts show up in Mission Control, do those contracts still show up, or does the contract system "know" that I'm already past that stage of my career and not offer them to me? ie: Should I wait for the contracts to show up so I don't miss out on them, or is it safe to get ahead of the contracts?

The SETIcontracts are pretty rigid, they check whether the previous contract is completed, not where you have been.

One of the reasons is, to give feedback to the player.

But contracts should show up immediately when their requirements are met (previous contracts completed), if they do not, their 2 and 3 star spots are just blocked. In that case, just decline some 2 and 3 star contracts.

Yemo, any chance you could move the anti grav motors from kerbal foundries wheels into experimental motors, or provide me with a config to do so? please.

Hm, Foundries is still horribly imbalanced (temperature, impact tolerance), so as with UniversalStorage I like the mod very much, but I ll support the mods first which at least make an effort to be balanced with other mods.

Easiest way is, to just roleplay it and not use them until the later tech is researched.

SETI CommunityTechTree v0.9.1.4 (for KSP 1.0.4)

SETI-CTT Mod Support

• Kerbal Planetary Base System
  • Mark IV Spaceplane System
  • Mk2 Expansion
  • SELV AuraTexturePack parts

Fixes

• Procedural Parts & FAR compatibility restored

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.