[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

I can't test it, because I don't have steam version of KSP, but IIRC action groups available on early SPH/VAB building is feature of CustomBarnKit mod. It might be broken or need to be configured in different way. It might me good idea to ask author of CutomBarnKit mod about it too.

1.1 is out for store users too now

3 hours ago, kcs123 said:

I can't test it, because I don't have steam version of KSP, but IIRC action groups available on early SPH/VAB building is feature of CustomBarnKit mod. It might be broken or need to be configured in different way. It might me good idea to ask author of CutomBarnKit mod about it too.

Yes, I am aware.  From the Custom Barn Kit latest patch notes: "Warning : the config format changed a bit. So you will have to update your MM patch."

I'm pretty sure this is why Unmanned before Manned has this bug. I just was trying to not tell @Yemo how to write his mod  :)

Edited by MalevolentNinja

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

1.1 is out for store users too now

Thanks. Somehow I missed big thread about it :)

I just browsed trough watched threads and that one was not on list.

Be patient folks, plenty of mods just started to recompile for official 1.1. release, so it will take few days until everything sorted out.

It seems to require AVC in CKAN. But AVC is just annoying if you're using CKAN, since it's already confirmed version checks, so AVC is always wrong. Shouldn't it just be optional?

can someone please help me to understand which u should download here? i want to download the community tech tree with good contracts to match it. but the main community tech tree link says, hilariously, "this is not the community tech tree you're looking for" ... urgh, wat? sounds like i got jedi mind tricked

this is what is on the front page:

Download: SETI CommunityTechTree v0.9.6.7 (for KSP 1.0.5) - former 748

This is not the CommunityTechTree.

13 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

can someone please help me to understand which u should download here? i want to download the community tech tree with good contracts to match it. but the main community tech tree link says, hilariously, "this is not the community tech tree you're looking for" ... urgh, wat? sounds like i got jedi mind tricked

That's because this isn't CTT.  Basically consider it a fork of CTT just for SETI.

It used to be a modification of CTT, but has grown beyond what it started as. Personally I like "SETI CommunityTechTree" far better than the actual CTT :) Interestingly, I only use the tech tree and greenhouses, nothing else from SETI.

18 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

It used to be a modification of CTT, but has grown beyond what it started as. Personally I like "SETI CommunityTechTree" far better than the actual CTT :) Interestingly, I only use the tech tree and greenhouses, nothing else from SETI.

Personally I think it would be better (and less confusing) at this point to simply call it Seti Tech tree.

On 20.4.2016 at 8:41 PM, MalevolentNinja said:

Yes, I am aware.  From the Custom Barn Kit latest patch notes: "Warning : the config format changed a bit. So you will have to update your MM patch."

I'm pretty sure this is why Unmanned before Manned has this bug. I just was trying to not tell @Yemo how to write his mod  :)

Yep, update is ready to deploy, see below:

On 21.4.2016 at 7:04 AM, Kelvin090 said:

Hey together! Someone a idea when you have time to update the mod´s?

I don´t want to start a new game without tech tree and the other seti mods :)

Good work!

Unmanned Before Manned as soon as spacedock.info mod updating works again.

SETI-RemoteTech was just updated.

SETI-Rebalance and SETI-Contracts within the next week or so (though except for the CustomBarnKit issue, the KSP 1.0.5 versions still work if you want to install them manually).

SETI-Greenhouse needs an updated TAC LifeSupport.

SETI-CommunityTechTree will take a while, due to the big rearrangement announced about 2 months ago.

I see a lot of serious bug reports on reddit, with the released KSP 1.1 and there seem to be serious issues left concerning the wheels/landing legs. So it seems that a bug fixing update (KSP 1.1.1?) is necessary/can be expected.

On 22.4.2016 at 2:25 AM, Waz said:

It seems to require AVC in CKAN. But AVC is just annoying if you're using CKAN, since it's already confirmed version checks, so AVC is always wrong. Shouldn't it just be optional?

CKAN is not always up to date and users probably combine it with manual mod installs as well. Thus AVC decreases support issues even when CKAN is used.

On 22.4.2016 at 3:30 AM, dresoccer4 said:

Since a massive change is planned (there was a post about it in this thread about 2 months ago) for SETIctt, I recommend just installing the CommunityTechTree (from the CommunityTechTree thread) and Unmanned Before Manned from this thread.

On 22.4.2016 at 4:22 AM, goldenpsp said:

Personally I think it would be better (and less confusing) at this point to simply call it Seti Tech tree.

I thought that the "SETI" part made it clear that this was not just the CTT, but I guess I was wrong.

I ll strongly consider it for the planned change, since that will move it even further away from the CTT and the historical addon character of SETIctt.

So, since updating mods on spacedock.info does not work at the moment, I can only update the mods on github:

SETI RemoteTech Config v1.0.8 (for KSP 1.1)

Simple recompile for KSP 1.1

There is also a new mini mod for RemoteTech. Compared to the one from Felger, this one does not use the :Final statement and does not deactivate the integrated omni antennas from command pods. Unfortunately the integrated omni antennas from probe cores are still useless (until RemoteTech fixes something), but at least they are now properly removed instead of just made unuseable.

SETI ProbeControlEnabler v1.0.8 (for KSP 1.1)

This is a SETI config for RemoteTech, allowing probe control without connection. Thus a connection is only required for science transmission. Unfortunately this removes the built-in omni antenna from probes (but not from manned command pods).

Edited by Yemo

2 hours ago, Yemo said:

I thought that the "SETI" part made it clear that this was not just the CTT, but I guess I was wrong.

Yea I see the opposite.  Everywhere else, CTT lets people know that a mod is CTT compatible, and thus they will all play nicely in the CTT playground.  Since you changed it for your own needs your version doesn't play nice in the stock CTT playground.  Having CTT in the name to me gives the impression that it still works alongside stock CTT stuff.

9 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

[...]  Since you changed it for your own needs your version doesn't play nice in the stock CTT playground.  Having CTT in the name to me gives the impression that it still works alongside stock CTT stuff.

Well, the current version still works alongside "stock CTT" stuff...

Can you give me an example/explanation of how it does not "play nice" in the "stock CTT" playground?

Hi Yemo, thanks for updating you´re mods.
I need help by one of you´re changes from the Seti remote tech config.

The new Stations are pretty fine helps allot. But the range from KSC to complete Kerbol System feels a bit to much cheating. :)

Can you please tell me what i have to change that i get the "normal" remote tech range? Thanks allot for you´re support.

14 minutes ago, Kelvin090 said:

Hi Yemo, thanks for updating you´re mods.
I need help by one of you´re changes from the Seti remote tech config.

The new Stations are pretty fine helps allot. But the range from KSC to complete Kerbol System feels a bit to much cheating. :)

Can you please tell me what i have to change that i get the "normal" remote tech range? Thanks allot for you´re support.

Within the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg go to the first STATION entry named Mission Control. The range is currently Omni = 9E+11 which is scientific notation for a 9 with eleven 0 behind it. Just change it to whatever you prefer. Eg 9E+7 would be the range of the KR-7.

Just now, MalevolentNinja said:

As of this moment, Spacedock still has 1.0.8. @Yemo has a newer version ready, but I don't see that it is available anywhere.

I try to only use one upload place, due to the number of mods, so we will have to wait for spacedock.info to be fixed.

Anyway, the only change was, that the current CustomBarnKit code within the UnmannedBeforeManned-Settings.cfg was replaced with this to make the action groups available at start:

@CUSTOMBARNKIT:NEEDS[CustomBarnKit,!SETIctt]
{
	@VAB
	{
		@actionGroupsStockUnlock = 1
		@actionGroupsCustomUnlock = 1
	}

@SPH
	{
		@actionGroupsStockUnlock = 1
		@actionGroupsCustomUnlock = 1
	}
}

5 minutes ago, Yemo said:

Anyway, the only change was, that the current CustomBarnKit code within the UnmannedBeforeManned-Settings.cfg was replaced with this to make the action groups available at start:

I am manually updated to the unreleased, new version :)  I tested it and it's working perfectly.

This is one of the key mods I was waiting for to start a fresh 1.1 career.  You rock and your mods rock, thank you for all you do for the KSP community!!!

Edited by MalevolentNinja

16 hours ago, Yemo said:

SETI-Rebalance and SETI-Contracts within the next week or so (though except for the CustomBarnKit issue, the KSP 1.0.5 versions still work if you want to install them manually).

Forgot my old account so had to make a new one... fun. Anyways, Hi @Yemo, in the quoted text above you say the 1.0.5 version should work for 1.1 if i install them manually. I do, and then it gives me the error that im using an unsupported version of KSP, and it doesnt seem to work properly. How could I get it to work? or will I need to wait till ya get a update out? I love the unmanned before manned mod(always had issues with the tech tree, yours is perfect), but its still a bit off without the contracts following suit with that tree. So if ya could help, Id be grateful.

1 hour ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

Forgot my old account so had to make a new one... fun. Anyways, Hi @Yemo, in the quoted text above you say the 1.0.5 version should work for 1.1 if i install them manually. I do, and then it gives me the error that im using an unsupported version of KSP, and it doesnt seem to work properly. How could I get it to work? or will I need to wait till ya get a update out? I love the unmanned before manned mod(always had issues with the tech tree, yours is perfect), but its still a bit off without the contracts following suit with that tree. So if ya could help, Id be grateful.

That is just a warning from KSP-AVC, you can ignore it.

When I last checked, there were no problems with KSP 1.1 for any of the SETI mods. So you should be able to use them normally after a manual install.

19 minutes ago, A_name said:

Does this work with Engineering Tech Tree? 

The non-tech-tree mods (all except UnmannedBeforeManned and SETIctt) should work fine with the EngineeringTechTree.

Spacedock.info mod updating works again, so here is the update for UbM:

Unmanned before Manned v1.0.8.1 (for KSP 1.1)

Compatibility with CustomBarnKit 1.1.7.0+

21 hours ago, Yemo said:

-snip-

SETI-Greenhouse needs an updated TAC LifeSupport.

-snip-

I'm not sure if you've been following the TAC thread, but the owner of that mod is taking a hiatus from KSP Mod development to focus some very busy RL things.  TAC won't be updated until he hands it off to another maintainer, which he's announced is in talks already.

If possible and when you have time, can Greenhouse be made 1.1 ready for USI Life support, which RoverDude has already re-worked for 1.1?

Keep up the amazing work, I love your SETI collection :)

1 hour ago, Barklight said:

I'm not sure if you've been following the TAC thread, but the owner of that mod is taking a hiatus from KSP Mod development to focus some very busy RL things.  TAC won't be updated until he hands it off to another maintainer, which he's announced is in talks already.

If possible and when you have time, can Greenhouse be made 1.1 ready for USI Life support, which RoverDude has already re-worked for 1.1?

Keep up the amazing work, I love your SETI collection :)

It most likely still works if you install it manually.

The SETIgreenhouse was really made for TAC LS, especially since USI LS has its own greenhouses for some time now.

Given the interest in TAC LS, I doubt that it will take long until it is running again.

Edited by Yemo

Hello Yemo, thanks for all the work you put into your mods!

I'm running into an issue with Unmanned Before Manned and Remotetech. Whenever a new career is started, the very first probe core you're given does not have the 3km Always-On Omni antenna. You can slap one of the actual antenna parts onto the ship and those will work, but the probe core itself does not have a connection to the KSC when sitting on the launch pad. By contrast, starting a new Sandbox mode game DOES give the same probe core the 3km omni antenna. 

I'm not sure where the problem is or how to fix it. Appreciate any help you can provide!

Edited by _Zee

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.