[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

EDIT : Yes I have RCS fuel tanks and 8 RCS linear thrusters ( 2 sets of 4 each for each of the upper stages). My issue is if I turn on RCS thrusters and press the WASD keys there is no rotation from the RCS thrusters at all.

Here are some screenshots and the output_log.txt as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk6ny54yhf8agg7/seti-output_log.rar?dl=0

Spoiler

xifV6iq.jpg

Spoiler

YtjPdJe.jpg

Spoiler

rQhdHCU.png

Edited by markal
More info added

If log file can be trusted, you have RCSBuildAid v0.9.1.39319, and your game is [KSP Version]: 1.3.0.1804

That version of RCS build aid is not compatible for KSP 1.3. m4v was lack of free time to properly update it. Use unofficial version instead:

Some other errors from log file that might cause issues separated in spoilers:

Spoiler

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

KSP-AVC -> Version file contains errors: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/CustomBarnKit/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/CustomBarnKit/CustomBarnKit.version

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

KSP-AVC -> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KSP_AVC.AddonInfo.ParseVersion (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.AddonInfo.GetVersion (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.AddonInfo.ParseAvc (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KSP_AVC.AddonInfo..ctor (System.String path, System.String json, RemoteType remoteType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

KSP-AVC -> E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CustomBarnKit\CustomBarnKit.version
    NAME: CustomBarnKit
    URL: https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/CustomBarnKit/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/CustomBarnKit/CustomBarnKit.version
    DOWNLOAD: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/109027-/
    GITHUB: NULL
    VERSION: 1.1.12
    KSP_VERSION: 1.2.2
    KSP_VERSION_MIN: 1.2.2
    KSP_VERSION_MAX: 1.2.2
    CompatibleKspVersion: False
    CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
    CompatibleKspVersionMax: False
    CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

This one suggest that there is something wrong with toolbar:

Spoiler

[Toolbar] [INFO] saving settings (game scene: EDITOR)

[Toolbar] [INFO] saving toolbar settings (toolbar 'toolbar_1969471370')

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AutoAction.AutoActionEditor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AutoAction.AutoActionEditor.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[UIApp] OnDestroy: ContractsApp

ScaleModList: listSize 246 maxListSize 1403

Something might be wrong with DMagic mod too:

Spoiler

Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

ADDON BINDER: Create binding redirect: DMagic, Version=1.3.0.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null => DMagic, Version=1.3.0.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

System.MonoType
Could not load file or assembly 'DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric, Version=0.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.CheckTypeForScienceActivator (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerboKatz.Utilities.LoopTroughAssemblies (System.Action`1 CheckType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Similar errror in other part of log:

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AutomatedScienceSampler' from assembly 'AutomatedScienceSampler'

System.MonoType
Could not load file or assembly 'DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric, Version=0.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
  at KerboKatz.ASS.AutomatedScienceSampler.CheckTypeForScienceActivator (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KerboKatz.Utilities.LoopTroughAssemblies (System.Action`1 CheckType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereFixer' from assembly 'Kopernicus'

For this info from RT mod I'm not sure if it is harmless or not:

Spoiler

(Filename:  Line: 97)

RemoteTech: Loading Flightcomputer from persistent!

[MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.6.1

[Part]: PartModule ModuleRTDataTransmitter at HighGainAntenna5, index 7: index exceeds module count as defined in cfg.
Looking for ModuleRTDataTransmitter in other indices...

...no ModuleRTDataTransmitter module found on part definition. Skipping...

There was also problem with scatterer, but this one might be harmles because error was expected and seems to be handled properly:

Spoiler

[Scatterer] Mapping EVE volumetrics for planet: Kerbin

[Scatterer] Volumetric clouds error on planet: KerbinSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at scatterer.SkyNode.mapEVEvolumetrics () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[Scatterer] Detected 1 EVE volumetric layers for planet: Kerbin

[UIMasterController]: ShowUI

Other than that, I don't see from log what could be reason of your issues. Start with checking mentioned mods and their threads, there might be updates for this mod similar as RCS build aid that were not listed in CKAN due to unofficial patch from other members or similar. Remember that CKAN is machine and team that maintain it doing their best to maintain metadata, but could not help much with unofficial releases and official one being marked as compatible for latest KSP version at same time.

Therefore, if you have an issue, check if you have realy latest version of mod installed in mod thread on forums, github repository etc.

On 20/7/2017 at 1:47 AM, kcs123 said:

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I went through all of this and found I am using the latest versions of almost all the mods. So finally I removed all mods and just did a sandbox KSP game without mods.

And the issue is the Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port. They seem to be good for translation movement only. I would need the  RV-105 RCS Thruster Block to get proper rotational movement. Which makes controlling things in space pretty difficult until it is finally unlocked because control surfaces (fins etc.) do not work in vacuum. Thank you for the help. Really appreciate it.

Edited by markal

I think I was having similar issues in the past with place anywhere 7 Linear RCS. But issue was in my craft design because I didn't put RCS port to cover all possible rotation and translation direction.
You need 4 ports in front and 4 ports behind COM for rotation, but also need at least additional 2 ports in craft nose and 2 in craft tail for forward/backward translation.

Based on your picture, you have covered all rotation axes with ports, but what is missing is COM indicator and with only upper stage of craft to see if you realy have placed in front and behind of COM. From picture it should be proper, but it is hard to say. You also need to keep in mind that COM shifts as fuel being used and it can be shifted that both pairs of RCS are in front or behind COM at some point.

Anyhow, it is was possible to have RCS rotation with place anywhere RCS, but that info is from older KSP releases, I didn't have time yet to properly start 1.3. career so things might be changed.
And you are welcome, I'm glad that I was able to help.

Greetings, after installing SETI-BalanceMod, when loading KSP produces this error

What can be done with this? Without SETI-BalanceMod loaded without errors. What logs do I need to show?

I apologize for my bad english

Edited by miromed

On 15.7.2017 at 4:55 PM, Catjaco said:

Hi everyone, i'm having some problems with the "Unmanned before Manned" mod. When i run a new game, the tech tree is still the same as the vanilla one, so the starting tech doesn't give me the probes but only the original parts, like the mk1 capsule. I tried various things, like re-installing the mod and the other mods several times, trying different mods together, but even alone it doesn't work. I also tried to update the Module Manager, deleted the old ones , but still, nothing i could do, the mod still doesn't work for me. I installed the mod using CKAN, because i'm not used to manually install mods on ksp and prefer to use it for the simplicity. 
Still, i don't know what to do anymore, also tried to google the problem to see if someone had the same problem, but nothing. If this reply is also in the wrong section, forgive me please, i'm new to this forum and hadn't looked really well at all the sections.
If someone knows how to help me, i would be really grateful. 

Hm, that sounds like an installation issue.

Try a new, separate ksp install. Then only install UnmannedBeforeManned via ckan. That should work.

For the old install, I would need a screenshot of your gamedata folder and your log file.

There were some issues with old module managers, so please delete the old module manager tech caches as well.

And make sure you do not have any other tech tree mods installed except CTT. UbM will deactivate itself if it detects folders of conflicting tech tree mods (ETT, Historical, etc)!

On 16.7.2017 at 4:35 PM, strudo76 said:

Are the Inline Mini RCS and RV-15 RCS Thruster Block from Flight Control supposed to be set to 0.075 thrust? Seems pretty low given the two SETI RCS objects available one node before both provide 0.3 thrust and the RCS block in the subsequent node offers 1.0 thrust. Maybe should have been 0.75 rather than 0.075?

Relevant files are setiMiniInlineRCS.cfg and setiMiniRCS.cfg

EDIT: Should have specified, in Probe Parts

On 18.7.2017 at 4:15 AM, Ruedii said:

They are for really tiny probes, so I suspect they are meant to be that low.

Look at the difference in the weight they are pushing compared to larger RCS systems.

Yep they should have a combined thrust of 1.5 in one direction, half of the small linear ones. Plenty for tiny probe directional and translation control.

On 18.7.2017 at 11:32 PM, Atmoz said:

Hello and sorry for my bad english

I play KSP 1.3.0 x64 modded.

I have a problem when i use engin parts from SETI-ProbeParts. I have no engine sound. Other parts engine mod work very well, exept from SETI ProbeParts 

Someone could help ?

Thanks

Hm, what other mods do you have installed? Maybe real plume? Do you use the newest  version of SETIprobeParts?

On 21.7.2017 at 8:29 PM, AntoniusCDXXXII said:

I haven't visited this page for a while and I've got to say, I love the changes. 

You've added PP support and the Mk1 Retro Cockpit, both of which improve the mod immensely.

Great job!

Thank you!

On 19.7.2017 at 8:05 AM, markal said:

So I am using the SETI ModPack with all of the recommended but none of the suggested mods. I am also installed the RCS Build Aid but having a major issue.

I still haven't unlocked reaction wheels because of the Challenge mod and was trying to do orbitting and controlling space crafts inspace with RCS but as soon as I exit atmosphere and enter space RCS rotation just stops working. Since none of the control surfaces work either I am stuck unable to control my crafts at all once I am outside Kerbin's atmosphere. What am I doing wrong, please help.

On 22.7.2017 at 9:36 AM, markal said:

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I went through all of this and found I am using the latest versions of almost all the mods. So finally I removed all mods and just did a sandbox KSP game without mods.

And the issue is the Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port. They seem to be good for translation movement only. I would need the  RV-105 RCS Thruster Block to get proper rotational movement. Which makes controlling things in space pretty difficult until it is finally unlocked because control surfaces (fins etc.) do not work in vacuum. Thank you for the help. Really appreciate it.

Adding to the other replies, (thank you very much @kcs123 for the detailed responses!), perphaps you accidentally switched the control mode or something similar?

The linear ports do not provide rotation if placed normally.

I m not sure about your design/positioning of the rcs ports, especially for the last stage. For best attitude control, they need to be placed as far away from the center of mass as possible. And there is no need to have multiple sets. So for minimal control you could have 4 at the very nose placed normally plus 2 placed eg around the center of mass rotated by 90 degrees to have one way rotation (4 for rotation in both directions). Or you use the black Inline RCS Block from VenStockRevamp, that one has attitude, rotation and monoprop tank in one part. Works great if placed as fas away from the center of mass as possible.

As an example, this is all the attitude control I need for my spaceplane sat launcher design:

YPEY68N.png

Or for this mun probe, where monoprop is also used for propulsion. I think I even deactivated the thrusters on one of the inline rcs blocks because it was overkill.

6b9PN8x.png

3 hours ago, miromed said:

Greetings, after installing SETI-BalanceMod, when loading KSP produces this error

What can be done with this? Without SETI-BalanceMod loaded without errors. What logs do I need to show?

Hm, will need a list of mods/screenshot of your gamedata folder and a log file.

I guess you have a lot of mods from the number of mm patches. So what you could do is just delete half of the module manager patches within the SETI-GeneralSettings.cfg file and load the game again. If there are still errors, you know that the problem is in the mm patches you left, if there are no problems any more, the errors are in the deleted half. Then reinstate the file and delete half of the half which has the problematic ones. And with that method, you could narrow it down pretty fast with a handful of restarts.

On 28.07.2017 at 1:33 AM, Yemo said:

Hm, will need a list of mods/screenshot of your gamedata folder and a log file.

I guess you have a lot of mods from the number of mm patches. So what you could do is just delete half of the module manager patches within the SETI-GeneralSettings.cfg file and load the game again. If there are still errors, you know that the problem is in the mm patches you left, if there are no problems any more, the errors are in the deleted half. Then reinstate the file and delete half of the half which has the problematic ones. And with that method, you could narrow it down pretty fast with a handful of restarts.

In general that's what happened:

Spoiler

3 errors here

/------\\
//---entryCost---\\
//------\\

//---Until there is an attempt to balance the entry costs, they had to be removed to provide a balanced gameplay on all preset difficulty options
@PART[*]:HAS[~category[FuelTank],~category[Aero],~category[Structural],~name[*Tac*],~title[*HexCan*],~title[*Container*],~manufacturer[*Umbra*]]:FINAL
{
    @entryCost = #$cost$
    @entryCost *= 3
    @entryCost ^= :\.[0-9]*::
}

2 errors here

//------\\
//---Command Modules---\\
//------\\

//---Increase price of crewed parts
@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0],~author[*RoverDude*]]:AFTER[SETIrebalance]
{
    @cost *= 5
}

Spoiler

Log file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_1TiuLwxhlt5VSU1cbaJfswRiD0Q

APD: Hmm, after the fifth reinstallation of all mods and released updates via CKAN, the problem was gone.
I apologize for the time spent. And thanks for the great mods.

Edited by miromed

SETI-Rebalance is loading a module from the SETI-General Settings.cfg file that attempts to add KER to all ModuleCommand parts, but the syntax is incorrect.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:FOR[zzzzSETIrebalance]
{
	%MODULE[BuildEngineer] {}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:FOR[zzzzSETIrebalance]
{
	%MODULE[FlightEngineer]{}
}

First off there is no longer a BuildEngineer Module in KER and the FlightEngineer Module has been renamed FlightEngineerModule.  

Just wanted to pass it on as an FYI.  I have fixed my local copy but thought you would want to update later releases.  This was a syntax error from Mechjeb and Engineer For All.  Dropping the BuildEngineer section and changing the FlightEngineer to FlightEngineerModule as below will fix it.

{
	%MODULE[FlightEngineerModule]{}
}

On 7/27/2017 at 0:49 PM, miromed said:

What mod is producing that message that tells you what file is the source of error?

3 minutes ago, terminalmonky said:

What mod is producing that message that tells you what file is the source of error?

What kind of mod does not detect the error, five times reinstalled, errors were stolen. + Some fashion through CKAN have been updated, I do not remember exactly.

4 hours ago, terminalmonky said:

SETI-Rebalance is loading a module from the SETI-General Settings.cfg file that attempts to add KER to all ModuleCommand parts, but the syntax is incorrect.

[snip]

Isn't it just easier to set KER to partless? Then you always get the KER without any mucking about. That's what I did anyway, then used a MM patch to delete the parts so they don't display. Then (as an experiment) I re-purposed the tape recorder model for the science box part, because I think it looks cool having a tape recorder collecting all my science. But that's a little off topic at this point...

In the parts overhaul, the 1.875m decoupler is the same size as the 1.25m one. I'm not using Vens or TweakScale, so that might be the problem.

a7tKtFL.png

I've edited my \PartOverhaulsSETI\Parts\AdditionalParts.cfg, adding this after the +PART definition for the 1.875m

@PART[decoupler1875]:NEEDS[!VenStockRevamp,!TweakScale]:FOR[PartOverhaulsSETI] {
	!MODEL{}
    MODEL {
        model = Squad/Parts/Utility/decouplerStack2m/model
        scale = 0.75, 0.75, 0.75
	}
}

which gets it the right size.

7 hours ago, strudo76 said:

In the parts overhaul, the 1.875m decoupler is the same size as the 1.25m one. I'm not using Vens or TweakScale, so that might be the problem.

Yep, i think that TweakScale is rrequired for those parts to work properly. Workaround is to either, edit original part config file or create custom MM patch like you did, if you don't want to use TweakScale for whatever reason.

5 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Hmm. That info should be in the OP. Then TweakScale is a dependency.

Although I'd rather see additions to the config files similar to the code I supplied, rather than making tweakscale a dependency. I suggest that in probably all cases, the stock scale settings are sufficient for resizing the models, and that would be better than forcing a redundant dependency. Each dependency is something extra that we need to wait on each time KSP is updated.

I'm having a problem with SETI-CustomBarnKitConfig

I upgrade the launch pad to level 2. Whenever I enter into the VAB, it goes back to level 1. no money refunded !! Not sure if it is intended or what. uninstalling the CustomBarnKitConfig config solves the issue.

Most of SETI mods plus the experimental SETI-CustomBarnKitConfig - 0.9.1. and CustomBarnKit - 1.1.14

KSP: 1.3 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

Anybody noticed a similar issue?

Possible bug with SETI procedural HRB. Has plume and sound effects after fuel expended. Luckly no thrust.

Methods to reproduce. Standard vanila CKAN build. Build rocket with 0.625m HRB. Adjust both oxidiser and solid fuel to zero. Then launch. Still gets engine ignition without any fuel.

Temporary workaround. To stop noise and plume engine must be shut down manually through part menu when fuel runs out.

Can show logs but lets confirm issue first from another end user. To dismiss any install errors.

19 hours ago, hellboy79 said:

upgrade the launch pad to level 2. Whenever I enter into the VAB, it goes back to level 1. no money refunded !! Not sure if it is intended or what. uninstalling the CustomBarnKitConfig config solves the issue.

Anybody noticed a similar issue?

Confirmed bug. The new CustomBarnKit has broken the SETI-CustomBarnKitConfig which was experimental anyway. Removal seems best for now.

On 04/08/2017 at 7:39 PM, terminalmonky said:

BuildEngineer Module in KER and the FlightEngineer Module has been renamed FlightEngineerModule.  

Just wanted to pass it on as an FYI.  I have fixed my local copy but thought you would want to update later releases.  This was a syntax error from Mechjeb and Engineer For All.  Dropping the BuildEngineer section and changing the FlightEngineer to FlightEngineerModule as below will fix it.

{
	%MODULE[FlightEngineerModule]{}
}

Good find.

Your right this needs changed in the default SETI-General Settings.cfg. I have always use my own version of SETI but there has to be a lot of people using the default file. I am suprised that no one has reported this until now.

On 04/08/2017 at 11:54 PM, strudo76 said:

Isn't it just easier to set KER to partless? Then you always get the KER without any mucking about. That's what I did anyway, then used a MM patch to delete the parts so they don't display. Then (as an experiment) I re-purposed the tape recorder model for the science box part, because I think it looks cool having a tape recorder collecting all my science. But that's a little off topic at this point...

As a general rule. Yes just easier to set KER to partless from in game settings menu. This bypasses the SETI code and does exactly what it is supposed to do. Unlock KER from campaign mode.

Although I still personally do it with my own SETI-General Settings.cfg that I have be using since the mechjeb tech progression was removed. Ironicaly I did try to help a bit to removed them in the SETI default config a long time ago. When the kOS configs came along it seemed like the right move. Since you could do everything from the base of the tech tree anyway with kOS. However at that point I started using my own configurations to flavour SETI to personal taste. Here I also did re-purposed the KER tape recorder part as well. Your right it is pretty cool to use it for something else apart from KER.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.