[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

On 12/7/2017 at 9:58 AM, blowfish said:

Hello!

It seems that a couple of SETI mods have some ModuleManager patches that have more than one pass specified, e.g. :AFTER[RemoteTech]:FOR[SETIprobeParts] .  This never really did anything useful, it would always apply to the first pass (in that case :AFTER[RemoteTech]).  But in the new version of ModuleManager this generates an error.  Since I am responsible for the changes in ModuleManager, I meant to identify as many mods as possible with this problem before the release, but evidently I missed several (sorry!)

Based on logs that I have seen, the following files seem to have this issue:

Hide contents

SETIprobeParts/Pods/setiProbeStack1.cfg
SETIprobeParts/Pods/setiProbeStack2.cfg
SETIrebalance/SETI-GeneralSettings.cfg

SETIrebalance/MM-PartModding/SETI-PartMod-SQUAD-Electrics.cfg (2 patches)
SETIrebalance/MM-PartModding/SETI-PartMod-VenStockRevamp.cfg (34 patches)

P.S. it's not immediately clear to me which Github repos correspond to which parts of SETI.  If you would prefer this info in the form of Github issues, feel free to point me to the correct repos.

@Yemo We have a module manager error in Seti Rebalance/SETI-GeneralSettings.cfg too. what needs to be done?

Edited by Jiraiyah

Greeting!

Currently unstable mission "Reach 18 km unmanned" and "Escape the atmosphere" possible to achieve by using CapCom mod and taking mission after requirements was met (IE after your craft higher than 18 km or out of atmosphere)

19 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

ouch

@Yemo with latest module manager, after adding more mods, i get near 71 errors on seti rebalance, dude, you have lots of job ahead of you :P

He hasn't been on the forums since October. Combine that with his ARR license, and I'm afraid my favorite tech tree and balance mod is gone.

3 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

He hasn't been on the forums since October. Combine that with his ARR license, and I'm afraid my favorite tech tree and balance mod is gone.

well, worst case scenario, i will tweak my own instance and play :( but that is less than happiness !

2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

you know what is the biggest problem on my side? lack of knowledge to identify the problems to fix for myself!!!!

My version runs perfect because I followed the mutiple folders procedure. One for each version release. SETI is fine in KSP 1.3.0. Up to now setting Max KSP version to 1.99.99 did what Yemo needed to do. However now it should really be capped to 1.3.0 to stop people from automatically installing it into the current version of KSP. Installing the correct build used be as simple as selecting KSP version number in CKAN. However the problems with spacedock version numbers (only one number) or poor version control (version locking where required). Will mean at least 15 or so mods will need to be checked for compatibility.

There is also instructions on how to update for latest changes in MM in this forum. If people do want to play in KSP  1.3.1. Although as some key mods used alongside SETI where never updated from 1.3.0. There will never be the full experience anyway. This is the reason there was no update in SETI. That combined with some personal stuff means a new SETI will not come out quickley. If at all.

2 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

My version runs perfect because I followed the mutiple folders procedure. One for each version release. SETI is fine in KSP 1.3.0. Up to now setting Max KSP version to 1.99.99 did what Yemo needed to do. However now it should really be capped to 1.3.0 to stop people from automatically installing it into the current version of KSP. Installing the correct build used be as simple as selecting KSP version number in CKAN. However the problems with spacedock version numbers (only one number) or poor version control (version locking where required). Will mean at least 15 or so mods will need to be checked for compatibility.

There is also instructions on how to update for latest changes in MM in this forum. If people do want to play in KSP  1.3.1. Although as some key mods used alongside SETI where never updated from 1.3.0. There will never be the full experience anyway. This is the reason there was no update in SETI. That combined with some personal stuff means a new SETI will not come out quickley. If at all.

i wouldn't mind playing with half of the ability, can you point toward the changes needed to make the latest version of MM happy? thanks

5 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

i wouldn't mind playing with half of the ability, can you point toward the changes needed to make the latest version of MM happy? thanks

8 hours ago, nobodyhasthis2 said:

There is also instructions on how to update for latest changes in MM in this forum.

Check a few pages back. Just take out the third conditional statement in each MM patch. Some of us would gladly patch it for you but not under ARR.

Sorry if I am not being specific about changes. I am not trying to be rude. I am just in a rush today.  

On 1/10/2018 at 3:31 AM, Jiraiyah said:

@nobodyhasthis2

if i get it right this line :

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]:FOR[zzzzSETIrebalance]

should become like this?

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[KerbalEngineer]

For those fixing the MMConfigs before the ModAuthor gets to them..  remove the second condition statement that references the mod for the file you are fixing.

In this case, since this is a MMConfig by SETI, removing the :FOR conditional is the correct fix.

'Ello!
Quite a fan of your work, I almost always Unmanned before Manned on my career saves. Decided to give your ground stations config a try.

However, I tried to uninstall it earlier yesterday (22nd), and booted up my game and found the ground stations are still there. Reinstalling RemoteTech didn't even seem to work.

If this kind of thing needs to go on the github page, then here.

29 minutes ago, Unturned_Fighter said:

'Ello!
Quite a fan of your work, I almost always Unmanned before Manned on my career saves. Decided to give your ground stations config a try.

However, I tried to uninstall it earlier yesterday (22nd), and booted up my game and found the ground stations are still there. Reinstalling RemoteTech didn't even seem to work.

If this kind of thing needs to go on the github page, then here.

Fixed

On 1/21/2018 at 11:44 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

The configs for the mod "Porkjets PartOverhauls - SETIconfig" are generating errors with the latest modulemanager, you need to delete the "FOR" phrase, it's not needed

Is it not needed anywhere or just in select areas? If the FOR phrase is never needed then simply using Notepad++ I can replace :FOR\[(.*?)\] with nothing

7 minutes ago, HellDuke said:

Is it not needed anywhere or just in select areas? If the FOR phrase is never needed then simply using Notepad++ I can replace :FOR\[(.*?)\] with nothing

It's considered an 'ordering' statement - it gives when the patch should be applied in relation to other patches.  It's needed if you want to define a mod - and therefore a place in the patch order - with your patch, but not otherwise.  Notably the latest version of MM throws errors if you try to specify more than one of: BEFORE, AFTER, or FOR on the same patch.  (Technically it's never been a good idea - but before multiples were silently ignored.)  After all, they all try to define when the patch should be applied, and would contradict each other.

So would something like

@PART[shortDecoupler1-2]:FOR[SETIrebalance]

better be left alone or would it work just as fine without the FOR? Because I am unsure if this

On 1/21/2018 at 11:44 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

The configs for the mod "Porkjets PartOverhauls - SETIconfig" are generating errors with the latest modulemanager, you need to delete the "FOR" phrase, it's not needed

means that FOR is non needed in General or just in that specific case?

1 hour ago, HellDuke said:

It isn't needed, since the "FOR" is simply specifying the mod which it's contained it.  Redundant!

28 minutes ago, HellDuke said:

So would something like

@PART[shortDecoupler1-2]:FOR[SETIrebalance]

better be left alone or would it work just as fine without the FOR? Because I am unsure if this

means that FOR is non needed in General or just in that specific case?

That should be replaced by NEEDS

The FOR simply tells MM that whatever is in the brackets is now defined.  Most people use it incorrectly

In case anyone is trying to track down the MM error for this, it's on ln246:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[RWSaturatable]]:NEEDS[RWSaturatable]:AFTER[RWSaturatable]:BEFORE[SETIrebalance]

Since SETIrebalance is after RWSaturatable alphabetically, it will naturally be processed after RWSaturatable.

I think it's safe removed the :AFTER[RWSaturatable]

• 2 weeks later...

I tried installing the mod on KSP 1.3 and 1.3.1. But the tech tree is always half empty, no late game engines and so on available. The missions are fun, but I am not compelled to continue if I am not rewarded with crazy engines :wink:

Edited by woerldedit

1 hour ago, woerldedit said:

I tried installing the mod on KSP 1.3 and 1.3.1. But the tech tree is always half empty, no late game engines and so on available. The missions are fun, but I am not compelled to continue if I am not rewarded with crazy engines :wink:

If you are seek for new parts, you are looking in the wrong place. SETI brings just a handfull of new parts, mostly to cover gap in parts properties for gamebalancing purpose. What this mod does is to arrange parts from other mods in more meaningfull manner, to provide better balanced progress in playtrough.

So, to fill up empty tech tree nodes, you need to install some other popular mod pack.

Hi,

I was reading this forum to figure out how  run SETI but Im all confused with all that config tweeks suggested  or people stating it should run on 1.3.0.  Im using CKAN to install Meta Mod and all recomanded mods. I get lots of MM erros durring load.

How should I install SETI as of today 10-Feb to make it work as much as it was intendent without errors missing parts and bugged missions ?  I dont mind using 1.3.0 but when I try to do so I get same MM errors as when I try to run 1.3.1 ...

A) Should I use 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 to make SETI working ? (I dont want to have broken missions and missing stuff )  

B) Can I just ingnore MM errors   do they idicating someting that will break my gameplay ? If it does break/affect game  can you sumarize how to edit configs to make it run properly ? 

2 hours ago, Kozzy said:

Hi,

I was reading this forum to figure out how  run SETI but Im all confused with all that config tweeks suggested  or people stating it should run on 1.3.0.  Im using CKAN to install Meta Mod and all recomanded mods. I get lots of MM erros durring load.

How should I install SETI as of today 10-Feb to make it work as much as it was intendent without errors missing parts and bugged missions ?  I dont mind using 1.3.0 but when I try to do so I get same MM errors as when I try to run 1.3.1 ...

A) Should I use 1.3.0 or 1.3.1 to make SETI working ? (I dont want to have broken missions and missing stuff )  

B) Can I just ingnore MM errors   do they idicating someting that will break my gameplay ? If it does break/affect game  can you sumarize how to edit configs to make it run properly ? 

Welcome to forums. You can use SETI with KSP 1.3.1.

To make SETI working with latest MM you need to edit all config files in SETI folders to remove "FOR" commands as instructed in post on previous page:

I recommend using notepad++ or similar advanced text editor capable to search for strings trough several files and folders. Use search function only to get files and lines affected, don't just blindly use replace function without inspecting each line as you might not need to change all of lines.

As for other recommanded changes, it depends on what other mods you have installed beside SETI. You might not even need anything else.
As always, it is good idea to backup your saved game elsewhere before making any changes. Your crafts should not be affected much, but it is better to make a backup to be safe than complain later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.