[1.3.x] SETI, Unmanned before Manned [Patreon]

Yemo

15 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

heres the thing tho, I havnt edited any configs, downloaded from ckan(max ksp version 1.99.99: Build version 1.3.0.2, with zero MM errors by default. Im not complaining lol, just confused.

Well, MM is updated too, it is possible that they have reverted back to previous behaviour or made it in a way that MM just ignore that "for" command and prevent unwanted log spam. Just a speculation that have to be checked and confirmed. I haven't look in MM thread or it change log yet.

1 hour ago, Owari said:

hello. ¿I do can use this mod in 1.4.1 or you recommend me wait for a new version? Eventually, y i am going to use more mods. I am sorry for mi english.

Yes you can, other reported that it works fine. However, since it was not updated for a long period of time, you might enconter something that is not properly balanced, but not too much and not something gamebreaking.

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Yes you can, other reported that it works fine. However, since it was not updated for a long period of time, you might enconter something that is not properly balanced, but not too much and not something gamebreaking.

Yeah it seems to be working, however I'm getting 2 error messages on startup. Something wrong with Probestack.cfg 1 and 2. Game don't crash and it looks like the probes are in the game so I don't know why I get the error message.

Will this mod be updated or will it forever be in the  current version nr?

7 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Will this mod be updated or will it forever be in the  current version nr?

Hard to tell and predict. I hope that Yemo will be able to sort out real life commitments, so he again can have time for moding. Or pass the maintenance torch to somebody with more free time for moding. Within this community is always someone skilled and willing to help, so it is not unreasonable to say that it will be updated at some point. Just hard to tell when it will happen or who would do it.

Working on mission 04.5m (Manned Kerbin Landing!) and in the contracts window it says Vessel: mKerbinLander (TBD).  I can't seem to figure out what hoop I need to jump through to make it happy.  I've changed the name of the lander to mKerbinLander and the vessel type is Lander.  What's the trick?

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Bodo said:

Working on mission 04.5m (Manned Kerbin Landing!) and in the contracts window it says Vessel: mKerbinLander (TBD).  I can't seem to figure out what hoop I need to jump through to make it happy.  I've changed the name of the lander to mKerbinLander and the vessel type is Lander.  What's the trick?

Thanks!

Try on lauchpad to rename craft before launching. Choose craft icon to be "Lander" instead of ship, station, probe or similar that is ofered trough menu on right click over command module part.
That, and make sure you meet other requirements, like having kerbal on board etc.

Hmm. For me in KSP 1.3.1 some of engines were not producing FX at all. Probably KSP 1.4.x broke something more than shaders. I'm afraid that we all have to wait for Yemo to get back from hiatus regarding moding. Until then, either, do not use those parts or pretend you don't see those issues :)

10 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Hmm. For me in KSP 1.3.1 some of engines were not producing FX at all. Probably KSP 1.4.x broke something more than shaders. I'm afraid that we all have to wait for Yemo to get back from hiatus regarding moding. Until then, either, do not use those parts or pretend you don't see those issues :)

Kinda sad that one doesn't hand over to someone else when you take a break. This is such a big mod that so many uses.

Nothing wrong in taking it back when you feel like it, as long as updates keep coming

7 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Kinda sad that one doesn't hand over to someone else when you take a break. This is such a big mod that so many uses.

It is hard to predict in real life when you will be forced to take a break due to other commitmens. Yemo have released thi mod under ARR licence, but as he mentioned on patreon page, once he no longer be able to maintain mod, he will give licence to someone else, or change it to be less restrictive. So, most probably it is just a matter of time for returning to moding, rather than permanent hiatus. But until it said so, ARR licence should be respected.

26 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

It is hard to predict in real life when you will be forced to take a break due to other commitmens. Yemo have released thi mod under ARR licence, but as he mentioned on patreon page, once he no longer be able to maintain mod, he will give licence to someone else, or change it to be less restrictive. So, most probably it is just a matter of time for returning to moding, rather than permanent hiatus. But until it said so, ARR licence should be respected.

yeah ofcourse you have to respect ARR. I just think it's very unfortunate just because what this mod does for the game. What even more unfortunate is that this isn't stock. It really should be cause it's such a good mod

22 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Yea a lot of mods have shaders broken right now. I don't care as long as it works. Picked a great time to try out the seti mods huh? Aww well even in its current state it makes the game much more fun. I just can't figure out what tech tree I'm supposed to use. 

I'm working on "updating" Unmanned Before Manned to 1.4.1 through my mod UBM Extended. I've already got the 1.4.1 parts ready, and I'm working on balancing the Making History parts now.

I am respecting the ARR license by Yemo as none of his code is being changed or used in the new configs, and UBM Extended requires Unmanned Before Manned.

After I'm done with that, I might take a look at making module manager configs to get the other SETI mods working.

Does the meta mod pack include the SETI rebalance mod? Also. If I have installed the meta mod pack and chose to uninstall it, will it uninstall all of the mods that were installed at the same time as meta mod pack?

Thing is ckan says that seti rebalance is not installed but something is messing up my RCS, it's super nerfed as well as my reaction wheels. So I kinda need to figure out what mod is causing the problem so I can uninstall it

Edited by Schmelge

RCS should not be super nerfed by SETI rebalance, only reaction wheels are nerfed, but not in such degree that reaction wheels could not be used. It is made like this to encourage people to use RCS on craft early in game, rathe rthan rally on reaction wheels on all craft designs.

3 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

RCS should not be super nerfed by SETI rebalance, only reaction wheels are nerfed, but not in such degree that reaction wheels could not be used. It is made like this to encourage people to use RCS on craft early in game, rathe rthan rally on reaction wheels on all craft designs.

Alright. Hmmm. Thing is I have an ongoing discussion with a mod developer for RemoteTech. RCS is behaving extreamly wierd and he helped me check some ouput log and saw that some mod is nerfing the RCS.

I can't come up with any other mod that would nerf this. So maybe there are multiple mods that misscommunicate somehow then.

Wierd. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the reply though :)

2 hours ago, Schmelge said:

Lovely m8!! I just feel a bit sad that 1.4.2 was released today :(

I'm going to stay on 1.4.1 for a bit, play a little with all the mods that have been updated. UBM Extended should still work for 1.4.2 if ModuleManager does.

Edited by theonegalen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.