Hi there :) Finally joined the forum.

TrevTrevarian

I so understand about the hour count. The word divorce has come up in my house in connection with the game.

I've just joined the forums, but been playing since 0.23.5.

20 kerbals? Now that must have been an interesting mission. I've never done one with more than four kerbals. Did they all land on Laythe?

Yeah I've nearly failed a few classes because of it haha

Unfortunately they couldn't all land as was the original plan. The landers took more fuel than anticipated so I only had gas for two trips of four each before they wouldn't have been able to return. What are some missions that you've done And liked/been proud of

Well, in 0.24 I took Jeb and Bill to Jool and landed them on Tylo, Vall, Bop, and Pol. That was one of the most extensive missions, but I used MechJeb a lot. Do you know of MechJeb?

One of my favorite missions so far is my big Mun science sweep. I built a lab/refueling ship and lander with all the science instruments, sent it down to land and collect science and return to refuel 11 times in different biomes. I returned to Kerbin and got 5790.6 science from the trip. If I had planned more efficiently and gone into a polar orbit around the Mun I probably could have hit all the biomes. :)

I did this 100% stock. Here are some pics.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I also like spaceplanes a lot. I've spent quite a bit of time playing around with them. I have one (old, as in 0.24) design that can take off, go land on the Mun, come home and land at KSC with lots of fuel left.

Right now, I'm trying to get Jeb, Bill, and Bob safely back from the surface of Eve. I'm amazed I made it back to orbit from my landing site at about 600m, but I don't know if I have enough delta-v for the rendezvous with the refueler. Let's just say I left the margins a little thin. :)

Wow, that multi-biome trip is really cool. I just started playing two days ago straight in campaign standard difficulty mode and OMG, I'm addicted. I am learning so much about orbital mechanics and basic piloting. I love the trial-and-error aspect of the game, it makes learning so much more fun. I wish there was a similar experience for molecular biology... hehe.

I'm about 25 hours in and in the middle of my first low-orbit rescue mission. I got up there... now I just need to learn how to intersect with the little bit of fuel I have left...

My excuse re: hours is - "hey! I'm rocket science! It takes TIME :)"

Wow, that multi-biome trip is really cool.

Thanks. I really got good practice doing rendezvous and docking maneuvers on that one. And landing on the Mun, of course. :)

I just started playing two days ago straight in campaign standard difficulty mode and OMG, I'm addicted. I am learning so much about orbital mechanics and basic piloting. I love the trial-and-error aspect of the game, it makes learning so much more fun. I wish there was a similar experience for molecular biology... hehe.

I know what you mean about the trial-and-error aspect of the game. I just love the 'flying by the seat of your pants' feel that you get from the game.

I'm about 25 hours in and in the middle of my first low-orbit rescue mission. I got up there... now I just need to learn how to intersect with the little bit of fuel I have left...

I so relate to finding this game and becoming totally addicted!

Good luck on your rescue!