[KSP issue ?] using rescaleFactor on a mesh works but...

Justin Kerbice

... when going back to the vessel from tracking station or use "revert to launch" makes KSP use the base, not rescaled, mesh ! :mad:

Look similar to this TweakScale issue, as I guess TS just use code to play with rescaleFactor dynamically.

What I got is a mesh of base size 1.25m diameter, use RS to 0.5 or 2 to fit 0.625/2.5m diameter parts, it works on the VAB/SPH, works fine while keeping the vessel launched on play, but KSP messed up the size when going back later.

Anyone already encounter this ? Any workaround ?

(very nice, did this to spare some memory and for what ? scratching head for nothing), not sure it even worth adding another issue report (as they didn't seems to get much attention).

This is why I always set rescaleFactor to 1 and rescale using MODEL{} scale.

In order to make it work with stack nodes you'll also need to make them using NODE{}. NODE{} stack nodes are rescaled using MODEL{} scale, contrary to regular stack nodes, for the obvious reason that they are part of the model itself.

• 9 months later...
This is why I always set rescaleFactor to 1 and rescale using MODEL{} scale.

In order to make it work with stack nodes you'll also need to make them using NODE{}. NODE{} stack nodes are rescaled using MODEL{} scale, contrary to regular stack nodes, for the obvious reason that they are part of the model itself.

im performing a wee bit of thread necro here, but, how does one use NODE{}?

im trying to fix http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-V5-0-RC1-released-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs/page17

and stop it from shrinking after scene change. a friendly druid helped me along the way

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/137275-question-why-does-my-cockpit-shrink-%28IVA-mod-ven-stock-revamp%29

and sent me here, and yes, the new config does stop the model from shrinking, but the nodes are now way off :/, please help me

Cpt. Kipard, your my only hope :D

im trying to fix http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-V5-0-RC1-released-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs/page17

and stop it from shrinking after scene change. a friendly druid helped me along the way

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/137275-question-why-does-my-cockpit-shrink-%28IVA-mod-ven-stock-revamp%29

and sent me here, and yes, the new config does stop the model from shrinking, but the nodes are now way off :/, please help me

Are you re-scaling ? If so to what size ?

EDIT- After looking at those post don't see how any of that helps if your using VenStockRevamp from what, I seen your editing Stock files not Van's.

Edited by Mecripp2

... when going back to the vessel from tracking station or use "revert to launch" makes KSP use the base, not rescaled, mesh ! :mad:

Look similar to this TweakScale issue, as I guess TS just use code to play with rescaleFactor dynamically.

What I got is a mesh of base size 1.25m diameter, use RS to 0.5 or 2 to fit 0.625/2.5m diameter parts, it works on the VAB/SPH, works fine while keeping the vessel launched on play, but KSP messed up the size when going back later.

Anyone already encounter this ? Any workaround ?

(very nice, did this to spare some memory and for what ? scratching head for nothing), not sure it even worth adding another issue report (as they didn't seems to get much attention).

I've had the same problem at times with modified parts. What I found, was I always had some simple mistake in the modified or added rescale line.

It seems capitalization, spaces after commas, and other simple things are important.

When you change rescaleFactor back to 1, you need to adjust all of the nodes' positions by that factor (e.g. you probably have to multiply them by 1.25, since that's what it looks like your part has for the "scale" factor in the MODEL node).

When you change rescaleFactor back to 1, you need to adjust all of the nodes' positions by that factor (e.g. you probably have to multiply them by 1.25, since that's what it looks like your part has for the "scale" factor in the MODEL node).

Yes, I have run into that too as an oversight.

The scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25 line is for the mesh overlay. Changing thse numbers affect the graphics, but not the nodes. The other scale and rescalefactor affect the node positions. They all have to be set to conform with each other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.