[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

Yeah, that's the other side of the coin for CKAN - all that ease of upgrades comes with a cost. It would be nice if there was a way to get release notes displayed in CKAN.

That's why I'm looking for major/minor version change before upgrading anything.

Also there's related issue in ckan tracker.

Nice update, thanks! I've also seen same problem with 4 satellites around kerbin, fixed that fix hacking persistence file :cool:

I installed Contract Configurator and the RemoteTech pack the other day, and the contracts aren't showing up at all in my existing save. Just updated to Contract Configurator - 1.5.2, and Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0 last night, and still not seeing them.

Tested on a new save earlier today, and after a short delay after getting the required science, the contracts did show up. Any suggestions for getting it to work on my existing save? Do I need to unlock new science before it will check to see if I have what's required, or anything like that?

I installed Contract Configurator and the RemoteTech pack the other day, and the contracts aren't showing up at all in my existing save. Just updated to Contract Configurator - 1.5.2, and Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0 last night, and still not seeing them.

Tested on a new save earlier today, and after a short delay after getting the required science, the contracts did show up. Any suggestions for getting it to work on my existing save? Do I need to unlock new science before it will check to see if I have what's required, or anything like that?

The KSP contract generation system runs periodically, there's a number of ways to get it to force-generate:

1. Cancel another contract. This will free up a slot which KSP will try to fill.
  2. Time warp for a day or two. This will cause a few contracts to expire, and KSP will try to fill more slots.
  3. Debug menu shenanigans

As far as the requirements for contracts to show up for the RemoteTech contract pack:

1. You need to have a power generator, and antenna unlocked.
  2. For the early contracts, you need to have little/no RemoteTech coverage of Kerbin. For the later ones it needs to be mostly covered. After that contracts for certain bodies need minimal coverage of the body (eg. you won't get a Duna contract unless you have no Duna coverage).

The KSP contract generation system runs periodically, there's a number of ways to get it to force-generate:

1. Cancel another contract. This will free up a slot which KSP will try to fill.
  2. Time warp for a day or two. This will cause a few contracts to expire, and KSP will try to fill more slots.
  3. Debug menu shenanigans

As far as the requirements for contracts to show up for the RemoteTech contract pack:

1. You need to have a power generator, and antenna unlocked.
  2. For the early contracts, you need to have little/no RemoteTech coverage of Kerbin. For the later ones it needs to be mostly covered. After that contracts for certain bodies need minimal coverage of the body (eg. you won't get a Duna contract unless you have no Duna coverage).

I've completed and canceled a number of contracts since the contract pack was installed. I initially had a single satellite in polar orbit of Kerbin from a stock contract when I installed remote tech and the contract pack. I got rid of the single satellite, and still didn't get any contracts after a while of messing with it (I know I canceled at least one contract). At that point, I went ahead and setup a satellite network around Kerbin because I wanted to play around with Remote Tech. I do also have a station around Minmus that I setup for a stock contract. It has a probe core, so maybe it's considered a satellite too? I've taken a look at the debug menu, and I am seeing a few yellow things some places, and none others. Not sure how to interpret some of what I'm seeing.

I've completed and canceled a number of contracts since the contract pack was installed. I initially had a single satellite in polar orbit of Kerbin from a stock contract when I installed remote tech and the contract pack. I got rid of the single satellite, and still didn't get any contracts after a while of messing with it (I know I canceled at least one contract). At that point, I went ahead and setup a satellite network around Kerbin because I wanted to play around with Remote Tech. I do also have a station around Minmus that I setup for a stock contract. It has a probe core, so maybe it's considered a satellite too? I've taken a look at the debug menu, and I am seeing a few yellow things some places, and none others. Not sure how to interpret some of what I'm seeing.

Toss me a screenshot of that debug menu and I can take a look to see if anything is off, and a KSP.log - it may be that there's something or other failing that's causing your issues.

Got it! Using "Clear current contracts" from the debug menu did the trick. I wonder why it didn't work by simply declining contracts..

Indeed... I think you just had bad RNG luck (or you were cancelling contracts of the wrong prestige level). Either way, glad it's working now!

Right I cant seem to get rt2 contracts at all. I'm using the seti ctt, seti contracts, rt2 contracts, grand tour contracts, scansat contracts, anomoly surveyor contracts, field research contracts, I have probe cores, antenna, and solar panels unlocked, have tried using debug menu to quickly clear/regen, even started a new career and auto completed a load to get my rep up and unlock the parts again, but I'm still not seeing rt2 contracts.

This mod has now given me "Create a network for Minmus" a total of 3 times. The first time it offered 2 copies of the same contract at once, except one paid almost double what the other was offering. I declined the more expensive payout and completed the lower payout contract. Now it's offering the same low-payout one again, even though my Minmus satellite network is still operational and this has been completed previously. These should be progression, "one-time only" contracts, otherwise I could take this new contract and complete it without doing anything, since my Minmus network is still up...

- - - Updated - - -

Right I cant seem to get rt2 contracts at all. I'm using the seti ctt, seti contracts, rt2 contracts, grand tour contracts, scansat contracts, anomoly surveyor contracts, field research contracts, I have probe cores, antenna, and solar panels unlocked, have tried using debug menu to quickly clear/regen, even started a new career and auto completed a load to get my rep up and unlock the parts again, but I'm still not seeing rt2 contracts.

I'm seeing them fine, although I only have SETI and RT contracts installed. One thing that happens is that stock contracts (as well as contracts from other mods) all compete to fill the available offering slots. You could try declining some of the 2-star contracts, fast forwarding a bit and see if they show up then. One thing I did, and I suggest you do, since you have so many contract packs installed:

Open the game directory and navigate to GameData\Squad\Contracts and open the Contracts.cfg file in Notepad. The 6th line down from the top is "AverageAvailableContracts". Change that number to something higher like 16 or 25 or whatever you want (I use 16). That should allow more varied contracts to show up.

I'm seeing them fine, although I only have SETI and RT contracts installed. One thing that happens is that stock contracts (as well as contracts from other mods) all compete to fill the available offering slots. You could try declining some of the 2-star contracts, fast forwarding a bit and see if they show up then. One thing I did, and I suggest you do, since you have so many contract packs installed:

Open the game directory and navigate to GameData\Squad\Contracts and open the Contracts.cfg file in Notepad. The 6th line down from the top is "AverageAvailableContracts". Change that number to something higher like 16 or 25 or whatever you want (I use 16). That should allow more varied contracts to show up.

Agreed, that often is all that is needed. If that still doesn't work, send a log and I'll take a look.

This mod has now given me "Create a network for Minmus" a total of 3 times. The first time it offered 2 copies of the same contract at once, except one paid almost double what the other was offering. I declined the more expensive payout and completed the lower payout contract. Now it's offering the same low-payout one again, even though my Minmus satellite network is still operational and this has been completed previously. These should be progression, "one-time only" contracts, otherwise I could take this new contract and complete it without doing anything, since my Minmus network is still up...

My guess is an install issue - the last release vastly changed the contracts, so if you just copied over top of an old install you may get duplicates. I'd try deleting ContractPacks/RemoteTech and re-installing. If still see duplicates after that, send a log and save file and I'll dig deeper.

My guess is an install issue - the last release vastly changed the contracts, so if you just copied over top of an old install you may get duplicates. I'd try deleting ContractPacks/RemoteTech and re-installing. If still see duplicates after that, send a log and save file and I'll dig deeper.

I downloaded version 2.0.0 (the latest), and never had an older install. The issue is the contract named "PlanetMoonRelay.cfg". It's a repeatable contract, so it's entirely possible to get offered a contract for Minmus, build the satellite network, complete the contract, then get offered the very same contract later. Which, as I said, doesn't work well, since if you already have a satellite network up for Minmus (or any other moon that you've previously completed this contract for), you can simply take the contract again and complete it instantly (well, as soon as the shake-down period is up).

In addition, there's either something incorrect with the way these contracts are written, or there's a bug in Contract Configurator, or there's a stock bug in the contracts system. The contract mentioned above says "advanceFunds = 70000.0" and "rewardFunds = @advanceFunds * 3.0". I have the difficulty set to a 60% percent payout for contracts. Therefore I should be offered this contract with an advance of roughly $42,000 with a completion payment of $126,000. I'm offered this contract for an advance of $131,250 and a completion payment of $394,283!

Edit: I was about to go mention this in the Contract Configurator thread when I noticed it's the same author as this mod, so I won't bother duplicating my issue in that thread.

Edited by Targa

I downloaded version 2.0.0 (the latest), and never had an older install. The issue is the contract named "PlanetMoonRelay.cfg". It's a repeatable contract, so it's entirely possible to get offered a contract for Minmus, build the satellite network, complete the contract, then get offered the very same contract later. Which, as I said, doesn't work well, since if you already have a satellite network up for Minmus (or any other moon that you've previously completed this contract for), you can simply take the contract again and complete it instantly (well, as soon as the shake-down period is up).

In addition, there's either something incorrect with the way these contracts are written, or there's a bug in Contract Configurator, or there's a stock bug in the contracts system. The contract mentioned above says "advanceFunds = 70000.0" and "rewardFunds = @advanceFunds * 3.0". I have the difficulty set to a 60% percent payout for contracts. Therefore I should be offered this contract with an advance of roughly $42,000 with a completion payment of $126,000. I'm offered this contract for an advance of $131,250 and a completion payment of $394,283!

Edit: I was about to go mention this in the Contract Configurator thread when I noticed it's the same author as this mod, so I won't bother duplicating my issue in that thread.

AIf still see duplicates after that, send a log and save file and I'll dig deeper.

Log and save is what I really need to get down to why you're seeing duplicates.

• It's supposed to be repeatable, because it can repeat for Mun, Minmus and whatever planet pack decides to add more moons. It's just not supposed to be completable more than once for a single body, which is obviously the bug.
  • The contract multipliers is by design (KSP design, that is). The planets all have multipliers for those numbers (and contract prestige has multipliers). Mun/Minmus have a multiplier of 2.0, and I think the contract multiplier for significant (two star) is 1.25. Those numbers still don't add up exactly, but I probably just guessed at one of the multipliers wrong.

I downloaded the configurator and put the remote tech contracts in the contract packs folder and nothing is showing up. Can someone please tell me how to install everything correctly to get the contracts to show up?

I downloaded the configurator and put the remote tech contracts in the contract packs folder and nothing is showing up. Can someone please tell me how to install everything correctly to get the contracts to show up?

Things to check for:

1. Make sure you extract everything into the KSP directory (the zips have a GameData folder that should be merged into yours).
  2. Make sure you have researched antennas and solar panels in your game.
  3. If you only just installed it, try cancelling a few offered contracts - that may make it show up (or timewarp a couple days).
  4. Look in KSP.log for a line that looks like this (if it's not there or says zero, then you have a problem):

[LOG 11:49:27.765] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loaded 64 out of 64 CONTRACT_TYPE nodes.

If all that fails, send a log and I'll take a look.

I'm using this with New Horizons and they don't seem to cooperate well. I got and completed the Kerbin network contract, and I have two dishes in LKO each pointing at both Aptur and Sonnah, but I haven't gotten a contract for either over probably dozens of rejected contracts. Is there another requirement I might be missing, or is this known not to work with New Horizons?

I'm using this with New Horizons and they don't seem to cooperate well. I got and completed the Kerbin network contract, and I have two dishes in LKO each pointing at both Aptur and Sonnah, but I haven't gotten a contract for either over probably dozens of rejected contracts. Is there another requirement I might be missing, or is this known not to work with New Horizons?

It's a known issue (#14). After Contract Configurator 1.6.0 comes out I'm going to do a New Horizons pass through all my contract packs - shouldn't take too long to get them going. For the most part the RemoteTech one does work, but you won't get contracts for Sonnah's other moons.

Oh and it'll probably get the distances confused and treat every other planet as an "outer" planet and may not give you those contracts until late in the tech tree. So it'll work... but the progression is all messed up. :)

Got the "InnerSystemSat" contract. I have a satellite orbiting Duna at about 6,250,000 meters. I have a dish pointed back at Kerbin (with contact), I also have a dish pointed at Duna. The contract requirements keep flashing rapidly between not being fulfilled, and green check marks. All except "In range of Duna", which I don't know why isn't also going green, since my dish has more than enough range. So I don't know what's up with this contract...

Also, it's a very simple satellite consisting of 2 dishes and an omni antenna, a stock squad fuel tank and the terrier engine, with a battery and a couple of solar panels. Yet if I "fly" this satellite for more than about 2 minutes, the game crashes to the desktop. If I don't fly this satellite, I can play for hours. I actually have 3 of these around Duna, and flying any of them crashes the game.

After looking at the crash log, I found that it's an "out of memory" error that is causing the game to crash. So I started Windows Task Manager and looked at memory usage. I then ran the game and went to this satellite. As I sat there doing nothing, I watched as memory usage kept going up and up until the game crashed. I then removed this contract pack from my game install and did the exact same thing. This time memory usage did not change. I therefore conclude that this contract, "InnerSystemSat" is causing some kind of memory loop that eats up all the available memory until the game crashes.

As a final test, I re-installed this contract pack and just deleted InnerSystemSat.cfg from the install folder. I then loaded up the same quicksave I'd been using to test with (as you know, persistent saves will change every time you do something), I then went back to the same satellite and had no memory issues at all. SO it's definitely this particular contract that is causing the issue.

Got the "InnerSystemSat" contract. I have a satellite orbiting Duna at about 6,250,000 meters. I have a dish pointed back at Kerbin (with contact), I also have a dish pointed at Duna. The contract requirements keep flashing rapidly between not being fulfilled, and green check marks. All except "In range of Duna", which I don't know why isn't also going green, since my dish has more than enough range. So I don't know what's up with this contract...

Also, it's a very simple satellite consisting of 2 dishes and an omni antenna, a stock squad fuel tank and the terrier engine, with a battery and a couple of solar panels. Yet if I "fly" this satellite for more than about 2 minutes, the game crashes to the desktop. If I don't fly this satellite, I can play for hours. I actually have 3 of these around Duna, and flying any of them crashes the game.

After looking at the crash log, I found that it's an "out of memory" error that is causing the game to crash. So I started Windows Task Manager and looked at memory usage. I then ran the game and went to this satellite. As I sat there doing nothing, I watched as memory usage kept going up and up until the game crashed. I then removed this contract pack from my game install and did the exact same thing. This time memory usage did not change. I therefore conclude that this contract, "InnerSystemSat" is causing some kind of memory loop that eats up all the available memory until the game crashes.

As a final test, I re-installed this contract pack and just deleted InnerSystemSat.cfg from the install folder. I then loaded up the same quicksave I'd been using to test with (as you know, persistent saves will change every time you do something), I then went back to the same satellite and had no memory issues at all. SO it's definitely this particular contract that is causing the issue.

Great investigation... any chance you can reproduce it one more time and provide a KSP.log? The flashing back and forth behaviour isn't something I've ever seen before, but could be explained by something causing an exception, then getting started back up, then throwing the exception again, etc. It might also explain the memory leak.

Could you also show me a screenshot of the contract app/window? Ideally one with the parameters "on" and one with them "off".

Much appreciated.

I can do better than a screenshot. Here's a short video of the issue. Watch the Contracts window, especially right at the start, and again at the very end. You'll see at least 4 green check marks flashing on and off. Another thing to look at in this video is the MET clock. You'll see it's constantly flickering from green to yellow, which it normaly only does when the game is having trouble keeping up with physics calculations.

Unfortunately I don't think there's going to be anything helpful in the log files. I looked thrugh the KSP.log as well as the output_log.txt, and don't see anything that strikes me as out of the ordinary. The output log simply started to get lots of "out of memory" errors right before the game crashed. If you see errors related to Contract Configurator and RT_PlanetMoonRelay, that's because (as the error states) I uninstalled it, as I mentioned in a previous post. At any rate, here's the KSP.log:

http://wikisend.com/download/456080/KSP.log

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.