[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

I was trying this mod, and its great in the sense that it helps funding communications networks.

Nontheless there was a slight problem in the first mission.

It asks you that the three satelites must be directly connected, nontheless I had my three satelites at an orbit of 1200km connected thanks to three satelites in a 800km orbit. All of these had a 2500km omni antenna and the three in the 1200km have the dish antenna pointing at the Active Vessel.

This should have worked, I always had the three satelites connected, but since it asked the three satelites to be directly connected between them, It wouldnt work.

In my opinion this requirement should be removed and only ask for all the satelites to be connected to the network.

Either way, thanks for the mod!

I finally got enough science parts unlocked to have a RT contract spawn (didn't know you needed electrics). I have the MM file you supplied which gives the straight up multiplier on altitude guidance. It applies the multiplier correctly to the first satellite in the mission, but for the other two satellites it uses what I think are the original numbers.

Just an FYI. I haven't run the mission yet, but will get there soon.

I was trying this mod, and its great in the sense that it helps funding communications networks.

Nontheless there was a slight problem in the first mission.

It asks you that the three satelites must be directly connected, nontheless I had my three satelites at an orbit of 1200km connected thanks to three satelites in a 800km orbit. All of these had a 2500km omni antenna and the three in the 1200km have the dish antenna pointing at the Active Vessel.

This should have worked, I always had the three satelites connected, but since it asked the three satelites to be directly connected between them, It wouldnt work.

In my opinion this requirement should be removed and only ask for all the satelites to be connected to the network.

Either way, thanks for the mod!

The first mission is a bit of an outlier. It has way more strict parameters than the other ones. The others simply say "provide coverage of X", whereas this one acts almost as a tutorial. I'll see if I can potentially rework it to be a little bit looser while still serving to help guide RemoteTech newbies.

I finally got enough science parts unlocked to have a RT contract spawn (didn't know you needed electrics). I have the MM file you supplied which gives the straight up multiplier on altitude guidance. It applies the multiplier correctly to the first satellite in the mission, but for the other two satellites it uses what I think are the original numbers.

Huh, no reason I can think of that it would happen that way, I guess ModuleManager stopped after the first match? I'll have to look into this one.

Try this file. I'll potentially look at including built in RSS files in the next release.

I love the idea of this mod. Well needed, so thank you. However, when I installed it and ContractManager on my OSX, no only did I not get RemoteTech contracts, but it somehow deleted all my old contracts, Available, Active and Completed. I was able to restore them from an older save file, but it was annoying as hell and meanwhile, no contracts. I know you've encouraged folks to use CKAN, but I cant get it running on my Mac. Any suggestions because I would dearly love to get paid to put up my RT network?

thanks,

Soifua

Edited by soifua

I love the idea of this mod. Well needed, so thank you. However, when I installed it and ContractManager on my OSX, no only did I not get RemoteTech contracts, but it somehow deleted all my old contracts, Available, Active and Completed. I was able to restore them from an older save file, but it was annoying as hell and meanwhile, no contracts. I know you've encouraged folks to use CKAN, but I cant get it running on my Mac. Any suggestions because I would dearly love to get paid to put up my RT network?

thanks,

Soifua

Would you be able to reproduce this again, and then send me your output_log.txt? Basically, the stock contract system has a tendency to go haywire and do stuff like what you've described when there's a failure anywhere in a contract/parameter. I'm slowly finding all the points where I can simply catch and report failures to prevent them from bugging out the contract system.

In short, if you can get me log files there'll be two fixes - one to prevent the contract system from getting messed in this scenario and one to fix whatever the root cause is.

Not sure what I did, but I after I reinstalled it, it's working like a charm. Time to get that network setup and reap the rewards. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Now an odd thing is happening. I'm trying to complete a non-RT contract and the contract is not registering the speed or altitude. You can see the speed issue in this screenshot:

Screenshot%202015-01-18%2012.28.32.png?dl=0

here is the log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbrswuwmxxjqu6/KSP.log?dl=0

This was not happening before I installed ContractManager

Not sure what I did, but I after I reinstalled it, it's working like a charm. Time to get that network setup and reap the rewards. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Now an odd thing is happening. I'm trying to complete a non-RT contract and the contract is not registering the speed or altitude. You can see the speed issue in this screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfy6k7b95prv6b2/Screenshot%202015-01-18%2012.28.32.png?dl=0

here is the log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqbrswuwmxxjqu6/KSP.log?dl=0

This was not happening before I installed ContractManager

Yup, that's classic "something failed and the entire contract system fell over" behaviour. I'll take a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like StationScience is the problem, not Contract Configurator:

[EXC 12:18:15.478] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ResearchAndDevelopment.partTechAvailable (.AvailablePart ap)
ResearchAndDevelopment.PartTechAvailable (.AvailablePart ap)
StationScience.Contracts.StnSciContract.AllUnlocked (System.String list)
StationScience.Contracts.StnSciContract.GetUnlockedExperiments ()
StationScience.Contracts.StnSciContract.Generate ()
Contracts.Contract.Generate (System.Type contractType, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 seed, State state)
Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (Int32 seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, System.Type contractType)
Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContract (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty)
Contracts.ContractSystem.GenerateContracts (System.Int32& seed, ContractPrestige difficulty, Int32 count)
Contracts.ContractSystem.RefreshContracts ()
Contracts.ContractSystem+.MoveNext ()

You should post this info along with your logs on their thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, great works with RemoteTech contracts!

I have one issue thou, I installed this contract pack somewhere in the middle of game (with Com Sat around Kerbin, Mun and Minimus already setup in efficient fashion) and I didn't received any RemoteTech contract until now. The contract is to build satellite that will be on Keosync orbit and reach all planets. Since I accepted this contract my game crash anytime I click contract "button". Crash report here: http://1drv.ms/1EyIhp4

Crash occurs when in ship and opening "contracts button", it didn't happened when using same button while on KSP or in Tracking Station.

Edited by Hitokiri

Hi, thanks for this great contract pack. It's really nice to get paid for the comm-networks :D

Unfortunatly I'm stuck on the first contract because I can't get the "Target: Active vessel" indicator to turn green no matter what I do. I have 3 Satelites in orbit, each has 4 dishes (Mission control, Sat 2, Sat 3, Active vessel). Active vessel also has 4 dishes (Mission control, Sat 1, Sat 2, Sat 3). Active vessel is the top one on the third picture and it's connected to at least 2 of the satelites. The network is fully operational, I'm already using it.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Contract Configurator 0.5.12

RemoteTech 1.6.2

RT-ContractPack 1.0.2

Hi, great works with RemoteTech contracts!

I have one issue thou, I installed this contract pack somewhere in the middle of game (with Com Sat around Kerbin, Mun and Minimus already setup in efficient fashion) and I didn't received any RemoteTech contract until now. The contract is to build satellite that will be on Keosync orbit and reach all planets. Since I accepted this contract my game crash anytime I click contract "button". Crash report here: http://1drv.ms/1EyIhp4

Crash occurs when in ship and opening "contracts button", it didn't happened when using same button while on KSP or in Tracking Station.

Here's what I can tell from a quick look in the logs: unity is going into an infinite loop, running out of memory, and crashing. There's no obvious indication in the logs what the cause I'd though.

Could you turn on verbose Contract Configurator logging and provide new logs? You'll need to copy the contractConfigurator.cfg.default to remove the .default and edit the file to change the level to VERBOSE.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, thanks for this great contract pack. It's really nice to get paid for the comm-networks :D

Unfortunatly I'm stuck on the first contract because I can't get the "Target: Active vessel" indicator to turn green no matter what I do. I have 3 Satelites in orbit, each has 4 dishes (Mission control, Sat 2, Sat 3, Active vessel). Active vessel also has 4 dishes (Mission control, Sat 1, Sat 2, Sat 3). Active vessel is the top one on the third picture and it's connected to at least 2 of the satelites. The network is fully operational, I'm already using it.

http://imgur.com/a/9fhAq

Contract Configurator 0.5.12

RemoteTech 1.6.2

RT-ContractPack 1.0.2

Can't think of a specific reason why this wouldn't work and it looks good from your screenshots and description. I'll retest to see if anything's been broken by a recent update (0.5.12 should be fine), but in the meantime could you provide your save file and I'll have a look at that?

Thanks for the quick reply, here is the persistent.sfs: http://tny.cz/20d42e49

The Active vessel is called " tester ".

Something seems odd in your save file - I don't see any of the antenna's pointing to the special "active vessel" GUI (35b89....). I remember way back on an old version of RT having an issue where everything stopped pointing at active vessel. Can you go to your commsats and check them and set the dish that's set to "Active Vessel" to point to something else, then back to "Active Vessel"?

I will try this when I come home but it is actually my third launched vessel for this and I have changed the dish-targets on the Satelites often.

I observed another strange behavior when I point all the Sats to an active vessel in ~80 km Orbit. The Sats are in 600+ km orbit but the indicator stays red.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The screenshot is from yesterday before I launched the third active vessel.

If the active vessel is on the ground even the orbit indicator for the Sats stays red. Sadly I have no screenshot of this atm.

Edit: Ok i totally got it wrong. I thought I need to have a fourth vessel where all Sats point to and have this fourth one the "active vessel" during the shake. Now I saw the "Active vessel" entry in the RemoteTech GUI. Head -> desk.

Contract is done and I'm sorry for the circumstances :blush:

Edited by Eleusis La Arwall

I had this contract:

http://puu.sh/frEkF/9476959394.jpg (no deadline)

For some reason, I ended up with a message that I had failed this contract. I don't have a screenshot of it cause I tried to reload a bit earlier, and when I came back to my current save, the message is not there, even though in my save file there is this (which appears to be the only appearance of that contract anywhere in the savefile):

MESSAGESYSTEM
{
flash = False
title = Contract Failed
message = <b>Create a communication network for Duna.</>~n~nYou have failed the contract 'Create a communication network for Duna.'.~n~n<b><#ED0B0B>Penalties for Failure:</></> <#ED0B0B>£ -262,500 </>~n~n
color = 1
icon = 2
read = True
}
}

The contract doesn't appear anywhere in my contract archives, and it appears that I did lose the money.

Upon looking at my log, it appears to have happened just when I hit "reload database" in the debug menu (hoping to get some edited unrelated config updated). Here's a part of the log:

[LOG 21:05:39.445] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/hook_anchor/anchor/KAS_Hook_Anchor'

[LOG 21:05:39.462] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/hook_grapplingHook/grapplingHook/KAS_Hook_GrapplingHook'

[LOG 21:05:39.481] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/hook_magnet/magnet/KAS_Hook_Magnet'

[LOG 21:05:39.515] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/pipe1/pipe1/KAS_Pipe1'

[LOG 21:05:39.531] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/pylon1/pylon1/KAS_Pylon1'

[LOG 21:05:39.545] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/strut1/strut1/KAS_Strut1'

[LOG 21:05:39.561] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/winch1/winch1/KAS_Winch1'

[LOG 21:05:39.595] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/winch2/winch2/KAS_Winch2'

[LOG 21:05:39.636] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/winch3/winch3/KAS_Winch3'

[LOG 21:05:39.672] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/winch4/winch4/KAS_Winch4'

[LOG 21:05:39.705] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbalEngineer/Parts/Engineer7500/part/Engineer7500'

[LOG 21:05:39.720] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KerbalEngineer/Parts/EngineerChip/part/EngineerChip'

[LOG 21:05:39.731] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'MechJeb2/Parts/MechJeb2_AR202/part/mumech_MJ2_AR202'

[LOG 21:05:39.794] Penalizing 262500 funds from player for contract failure

[LOG 21:05:39.800] Contract (Create a communication network for Duna.): You have failed the contract 'Create a communication network for Duna.'.

<b><#ED0B0B>Penalties for Failure:</></> <#ED0B0B>£ -262,500 </>

[LOG 21:05:39.816] 2/3/2015 9:05:39 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready

[LOG 21:05:39.818] RemoteTech: ModuleSPU: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.820] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.821] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.822] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.823] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.824] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.824] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.825] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.826] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.827] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.827] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.828] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.829] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.830] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.831] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.831] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.832] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.833] RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: OnDestroy

[LOG 21:05:39.834] RemoteTech: ModuleSPUPassive: OnDestroy

I could provide the full log if you want it... But maybe there's something a bit wrong in the order things are reloaded or something? Maybe it's not something that can be fixed either. I guess I'll find the contract in my older quicksave and put it back in my persistent save to get the contract back.

I had this contract:

http://puu.sh/frEkF/9476959394.jpg (no deadline)

For some reason, I ended up with a message that I had failed this contract. I don't have a screenshot of it cause I tried to reload a bit earlier, and when I came back to my current save, the message is not there, even though in my save file there is this (which appears to be the only appearance of that contract anywhere in the savefile):

MESSAGESYSTEM
{
flash = False
title = Contract Failed
message = <b>Create a communication network for Duna.</>~n~nYou have failed the contract 'Create a communication network for Duna.'.~n~n<b><#ED0B0B>Penalties for Failure:</></> <#ED0B0B>£ -262,500 </>~n~n
color = 1
icon = 2
read = True
}
}

The contract doesn't appear anywhere in my contract archives, and it appears that I did lose the money.

Upon looking at my log, it appears to have happened just when I hit "reload database" in the debug menu (hoping to get some edited unrelated config updated). Here's a part of the log:

I could provide the full log if you want it... But maybe there's something a bit wrong in the order things are reloaded or something? Maybe it's not something that can be fixed either. I guess I'll find the contract in my older quicksave and put it back in my persistent save to get the contract back.

Wow, that seems pretty random. The log entry really doesn't give much to go on, but I'll see if I can reproduce it.

- - - Updated - - -

Aha! The fact that the remote tech stuff appears in the log right after was a red herring. KSP has an annoying "feature" where if your contract no longer meets the requirements to be offered, it will magically disappear from the contracts window. I changed that in Contract Configurator to at least fail - but I should probably do *something* to tell the player why it failed (I'll put that on the backlog).

Anyway, the problem was that it was rechecking the part requirements for the contract (and for a split second during MM reload you no longer have the parts). During that split second, you lose the contract. I changed it so that those particular checks never happen for active contracts (since losing access to non-experimental parts is not a normal gameplay mechanic anyway). Fix will be out with the next version of Contract Configurator.

Hi Nightingale,

For some reason my RT contract pack refuses to load the contracts correctly? The ScanSat and AS packs work fine, but the RT contracts stubbornly refuse to load.

They all have a complaint about NO PARAMETERFACTORY FOUND.

Screenshot of debug log and output log below.

Dropbox

Hi Nightingale,

For some reason my RT contract pack refuses to load the contracts correctly? The ScanSat and AS packs work fine, but the RT contracts stubbornly refuse to load.

They all have a complaint about NO PARAMETERFACTORY FOUND.

Screenshot of debug log and output log below.

Dropbox

AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.6

Looks like you're running an older version of RemoteTech. They changed some stuff that broke Contract Configurator in 1.6, so I had to make updates (I also had to make RemoteTech related updates for 1.6.1 and 1.6.2, but I've finally got things synced up now). Anyway, you need RemoteTech 1.6.2 or 1.6.3 for Contract Configurator.

I'll throw up a GitHub issue and see if I can change it so you get a relevant error message as part of the debug window output, rather than having to search it out at the top of the log file.

I have a mission called 'Launch a satellite that covers everything' with the optional mission being to have one of the required satellites in KEO above the KSC. One of the details of that optional mission is 'Keep a stable orbit 04:00:00' which would not make the orbit keostationary since the orbital period required is 6h. Is this by design or should it not say 6h instead?

I have a mission called 'Launch a satellite that covers everything' with the optional mission being to have one of the required satellites in KEO above the KSC. One of the details of that optional mission is 'Keep a stable orbit 04:00:00' which would not make the orbit keostationary since the orbital period required is 6h. Is this by design or should it not say 6h instead?

No, the timer is just an arbitrary number - not specifically tied to the orbital period. It's just there to make sure you're able to stay in the right spot for a bit.

No, the timer is just an arbitrary number - not specifically tied to the orbital period. It's just there to make sure you're able to stay in the right spot for a bit.

I see! If I understand you correctly that feature is usually named 'Maintain stability' in Remote tech. And it's usually in the order of seconds and not hours.

What is the purpose though? If you can make it into the orbit specified and position yourself over KSC, it doesn't matter if you stay there for 10s or 4h, the orbit is stable and you won't move away from KSC. So it doesn't really add anything? It's just an extra check that isn't really needed.

I see! If I understand you correctly that feature is usually named 'Maintain stability' in Remote tech. And it's usually in the order of seconds and not hours.

What is the purpose though? If you can make it into the orbit specified and position yourself over KSC, it doesn't matter if you stay there for 10s or 4h, the orbit is stable and you won't move away from KSC. So it doesn't really add anything? It's just an extra check that isn't really needed.

Probably not necessary - but I'm pretty sure the way the stock orbit stuff works you get a pretty big window for hitting the orbit - so you don't actually need to be that close to Keosynchronous... this is just an additional check.

Probably not necessary - but I'm pretty sure the way the stock orbit stuff works you get a pretty big window for hitting the orbit - so you don't actually need to be that close to Keosynchronous... this is just an additional check.

Fair enough. I figured reaching the orbit with minimal deviation would be enough to make sure you are in a stable orbit above KSC. But it doesn't really matter, I just time-warp for 4h instead of waiting 10s. Same end result :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.