[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

The save file edit ended up working, all without the potential loss of reputation/money from cancelling/accepting new contracts. I bet if I'd actually paid attention earlier your thing would have worked too. Thanks for the help!

For the InnerSystemSat contract you have it set to only unlock with the 60Gm or longer range antennas, it should be unlocked with the Communotron 88-88, the 40Gm antenna as the longest distant target is Duna at 35Gm according to the wiki. This same requirement error is duplicated in the contracts for Duna, Ike, Eve, Gilly, and Moho. The Dres contract also requires a longer than necessary range antenna, it needs the 60Gm one(s).

I would suggest adding the requirement for the InnerSystemSat contract to be complete, or that the selected body have a coverage > 0.2 before offering the specific body sat contracts. Just to ensure someone doesn't mistakenly do them out of order.

I would also suggest adding a short range ComSat network contract for every place that has an atmosphere. The 500km Reflectron DP-10 is the only onmi antenna that can be used in an atmosphere, and most the current contracts put the ComSats outside of that range.

That's a coincidence. I was literally coming to this thread to ask for a four-satellite option, as I *launched* a four-satellite constellation in one simultaneous launch, not realizing that I was spending most of my money on a network that wouldn't fulfill the contract.

Is there any chance that the referenced changes would apply retroactively, or am I going to have to build another network (or restore an earlier save file)? (And is there a way I can get my hands on this change right now? I'm poking github with a stick as I type.)

You can use the debug menu, alt+F12 to complete the contract, I did the exact same thing.

For the InnerSystemSat contract you have it set to only unlock with the 60Gm or longer range antennas, it should be unlocked with the Communotron 88-88, the 40Gm antenna as the longest distant target is Duna at 35Gm according to the wiki. This same requirement error is duplicated in the contracts for Duna, Ike, Eve, Gilly, and Moho. The Dres contract also requires a longer than necessary range antenna, it needs the 60Gm one(s).

Agreed, raised [#9] on GitHub.

I would suggest adding the requirement for the InnerSystemSat contract to be complete, or that the selected body have a coverage > 0.2 before offering the specific body sat contracts. Just to ensure someone doesn't mistakenly do them out of order.

I spot checked, and the ones I looked at have a requirement for coverage between 0.2 and 0.7 (see Duna one as an example). Is there a specific one that you were looking at that I perhaps missed?

I would also suggest adding a short range ComSat network contract for every place that has an atmosphere. The 500km Reflectron DP-10 is the only onmi antenna that can be used in an atmosphere, and most the current contracts put the ComSats outside of that range.

Note quite sure what you mean here - other than the Kerbin network, the per-planet networks have very loose requirements (ie. just "get coverage"). It can be met in any number of ways.

I'm also curious about what your proposed DP-10 network would look like... I did a quick calculation and think you'd need 4 four equatorial Duna coverage - which isn't so bad. But I don't want to know what that would look like for Eve....

I spot checked, and the ones I looked at have a requirement for coverage between 0.2 and 0.7 (see Duna one as an example). Is there a specific one that you were looking at that I perhaps missed?

I mean Boolean or requirement, either the player must have completed the InnerSystemSat contract OR they need >0.2 coverage. I guess your saying to have >.2 coverage they must have done so?

Note quite sure what you mean here - other than the Kerbin network, the per-planet networks have very loose requirements (ie. just "get coverage"). It can be met in any number of ways.

I'm also curious about what your proposed DP-10 network would look like... I did a quick calculation and think you'd need 4 four equatorial Duna coverage - which isn't so bad. But I don't want to know what that would look like for Eve....

I'm using FAR and deadly reentry so if I want to have a small UAV the atmo safe dishes are not really an option as they cause too many issues with the aerodynamics, thus I find myself needing to build another sat network just for dealing with UAVs. This is in addition to a traditional dish based comsat network, meaning the short range sats do not have to talk to each other, they can bounce signals off of the dish sats. The requirements tend to involve a bit of math picking the fewest number of sats that cover most of the surface without ever being more than 500km from any point in their area of coverage at sea level. It results in, more or less, a single solution. Thus I would like the option of one, being payed for something I have to do anyway, and two having a contract with an OrbitGenerator telling me the orbit I need to be in, and how many sats I need. I attempted to make my own for Kerbin... but it did not go as planned. (It seems you cannot use the HasAntenna parameter without specifying a target, this is a problem if you specify an Omni antenna.)

I mean Boolean or requirement, either the player must have completed the InnerSystemSat contract OR they need >0.2 coverage. I guess your saying to have >.2 coverage they must have done so?

Ah, I see. Yes, if you have a dish with sufficient range pointed at the planet, you would get somewhere between 0.2 and 0.7 coverage (I left the window very large, as the update happens slowly, and there are only a few sample points, so this can vary a little bit over time). I wanted to give as much freedom as possible... if the player completes the innersat contract but then turns off the dish pointed to Moho or something, then I'd like the Moho contract to NOT show up. Similarly, if the player chooses not to do innersat, they can still activate the per-body contracts by pointing a dish at said body.

I'm using FAR and deadly reentry so if I want to have a small UAV the atmo safe dishes are not really an option as they cause too many issues with the aerodynamics, thus I find myself needing to build another sat network just for dealing with UAVs. This is in addition to a traditional dish based comsat network, meaning the short range sats do not have to talk to each other, they can bounce signals off of the dish sats. The requirements tend to involve a bit of math picking the fewest number of sats that cover most of the surface without ever being more than 500km from any point in their area of coverage at sea level. It results in, more or less, a single solution. Thus I would like the option of one, being payed for something I have to do anyway, and two having a contract with an OrbitGenerator telling me the orbit I need to be in, and how many sats I need. I attempted to make my own for Kerbin... but it did not go as planned.

Okay, your use case makes more sense to me now. With the exception of the Kerbin contract that acts as a semi-tutorial, I wanted to leave the per-body ones very open - the player gets coverage, but I don't tell them how (as the network design aspect is half the fun of RemoteTech!). For that reason, I don't want to create a contract that specific in this contract pack - but I'll help you out if you need assistance on the Contract Configurator side of things.

(It seems you cannot use the HasAntenna parameter without specifying a target, this is a problem if you specify an Omni antenna.)

Raise a GitHub issue on Contract Configurator please. Because it's defaulting from the CONTRACT_TYPE, it will always put the targetBody (which is not what was intended). The workaround is to put activeVessel=True in your HasAntenna parameter (that will disable checking for a targetBody).

I just failed a contract again and I don't really get why. I must be doing something weird...

First sat (Kerbol CommSat I) worked fine, all green.

Second sat (Kerbol CommSat II) turns red after I pointed all the antennas and shows that I failed the contract.

Does this screenshot help at all to understand the state my contract is in?

http://i.imgur.com/ayvLYas.png

I just failed a contract again and I don't really get why. I must be doing something weird...

Second sat (Kerbol CommSat II) turns red after I pointed all the antennas and shows that I failed the contract.

Have you edited the files in any way? My first thought is that it is missing a }. You are failing the contract because it is labeling both sats as Kerbol CommSat II.

Have you edited the files in any way? My first thought is that it is missing a }. You are failing the contract because it is labeling both sats as Kerbol CommSat II.

Nah, if it was a syntax error it wouldn't have loaded at all. I'm pretty sure I introduced this bug as part of my performance fixes in CC 0.6.6. I'm also pretty sure it's fixed in the dev branch. I'm going to do a pre-release of 0.7.0 (the real one is coming in a few days or so). Eiktyrner, could you give it a try and let me know if it resolves your issue? (I'll post the link once it's up).

- - - Updated - - -

Pre-release build is up: Contract Configurator 0.6.90.

Raise a GitHub issue on Contract Configurator please. Because it's defaulting from the CONTRACT_TYPE, it will always put the targetBody (which is not what was intended). The workaround is to put activeVessel=True in your HasAntenna parameter (that will disable checking for a targetBody).

Nevermind the GitHub issue - I've got the fix ready to go in 0.7.0 (note that it's not in the pre-release build linked to above though).

Nah, if it was a syntax error it wouldn't have loaded at all. I'm pretty sure I introduced this bug as part of my performance fixes in CC 0.6.6. I'm also pretty sure it's fixed in the dev branch. I'm going to do a pre-release of 0.7.0 (the real one is coming in a few days or so). Eiktyrner, could you give it a try and let me know if it resolves your issue? (I'll post the link once it's up).

- - - Updated - - -

Pre-release build is up: Contract Configurator 0.6.90.

I didn't save at that point so I can't go back and verify if it's still happening with this new version on that mission.

I'll let you know if I run into any similar situations!

I didn't save at that point so I can't go back and verify if it's still happening with this new version on that mission.

I'll let you know if I run into any similar situations!

No problem, 0.7.0 should be out very soon anyway.

I was just wondering when the first of these contracts unlocked. Because I am currently doing a career run and haven't gotten any of these contracts yet.

Pretty early - should be unlocked once you have a power source (solar panels) and an antenna. Obvious things to check would be:

1. You have Contract Configurator installed.
  2. Go to the alt-F10 debug menu. See any red? If yes, send me logs, if no, everything is good.
  3. Try "recycling" contracts by cancelling the 2-start contracts that have been offered... see if the RemoteTech ones show up.

I don't have the start contracts, I also installed the scansat contract pack and the advanced progression pack, the advanced progression pack is working, but I haven't gotten any scansat contracts either, so it may actually be that pack interfering with the other two. will check the debug menu next time I boot the game.

I don't have the start contracts, I also installed the scansat contract pack and the advanced progression pack, the advanced progression pack is working, but I haven't gotten any scansat contracts either, so it may actually be that pack interfering with the other two. will check the debug menu next time I boot the game.

It's certainly possible. I double checked the way tjsnh set them up, and they basically have top priority over other Contract Configurator contracts (meaning if there's a free slot, there's about a 99% chance the advanced progression pack will fill it over any other Contract Configurator contract.

If that is what's causing you problems, then I may need to bring it up with tjsnh to tone those values down a bit.

the shake out isn't registering as complete, I have a 3 satellite network around kerbin, and they are not losing contact with each other. it gets down to a few seconds and then it re-sets to a full day. please help.

the shake out isn't registering as complete, I have a 3 satellite network around kerbin, and they are not losing contact with each other. it gets down to a few seconds and then it re-sets to a full day. please help.

Could you provide some screenshots that show your network? Can you tell which parameter is losing the green checkmark?

Note that I'll be making some changes to this contract (probably next week), both to support 4-satellite networks and to make them more tolerant in terms of the network requirements.

nothing is losing the checkmark, it just isn't completing and the counter for the shake out is just re-setting. I used Hyperedit to make sure the network was spaced properly (only after getting it as close as the game engine would allow), and the orbital periods were exact, so it isn't the orbits.

nothing is losing the checkmark, it just isn't completing and the counter for the shake out is just re-setting. I used Hyperedit to make sure the network was spaced properly (only after getting it as close as the game engine would allow), and the orbital periods were exact, so it isn't the orbits.

It's possible the recent update broke it, but I won't be able to investigate until tonight. Any chance you can roll back to 0.6.7 and let me know if it's working there?

Edited by nightingale

no luck, the counter ran out, went away, then re-started on 0.6.7, so it isn't the version.

- - - Updated - - -

just re-instaled 0.7.0 as well as re-installed 1.0.2 of this mod, and it finally completed. not sure what the issue was.

no luck, the counter ran out, went away, then re-started on 0.6.7, so it isn't the version.

- - - Updated - - -

just re-instaled 0.7.0 as well as re-installed 1.0.2 of this mod, and it finally completed. not sure what the issue was.

Very odd... I'll see if I can reproduce when I take a closer look at that contract next week.

This contract pack has been too long without an update! Download it now!

Upgrade notes:

• The minimum version of Contract Configurator for this contract pack is now 0.7.3. Bad things happen if you use an older version.
  • If you were previously using a module manager hack to get the values right for RSS, please remove it. RSS is now natively supported (in any RSS size).

ContractPack-RemoteTech 1.1.0

• Major rebalance of contract rewards. No science from contracts, reputation is greatly reduced. Minor changes to funds.
  • Now supports the option of a four satellite starting network (thanks TCFirebird).
  • Now supports RSS! Orbits in the Kerbin statellite contract will automatically adjust based on Kerbin's size.
  • Put everything in a contract group and adjusted relative weights of contracts for selection.
  • Adjustments to dish requirements (thanks silentdeth).
  • Reduce requirements for InnerSat and OuterSat contracts coming up.
  • Split the coverage of Mun/Minmus from the initial Kerbin relay contract.
  • Slight increase to the testing time for Mun/Minmus contracts.
  • Change convention for contract titles.

I think that the "Create Kerbin communication network." contract (and other point dish contracts) doesn't check for unlocked dish type antenna. Which is annoying using ADIOS because dish antennae aren't unlocked until the early-mid game transition but the contract is available almost immediately.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.